Anyone else doing the SELF 2020 Spring Fitness Challenge?

2»

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Day 25: 3 circuits of Option 3 (50 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest) in the evening. Did 36 flights of stairs in the morning and got in about 8.5k steps from dedicated walking.

Yesterday was the last rest day (for this challenge anyway). I walked 9,471 steps during an evening walk.
  • MaltedTea
    Day 26: As follows...
    * 3 circuits of Option 3 (50 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest) in the evening, all done super sloppy.
    * Walked 10,739 steps so far. Let's assume I'll get the next 200-300 putzing about my house in the next 30 minutes.
    * Cycled for an hour

I've been feeling a bit spent over the past few days and not getting enough restorative sleep. Tomorrow is the last day of this two-a-day plan so I'm going to bed early in the hopes of crushing it with a smile.
  • MaltedTea
    LAST DAY
    3 circuits of Option 3 (50 seconds of work / 10 seconds of rest) in the evening. It's a rainy day so I only got a short walk in before it started getting gross outside: ~8k steps. 21 flights of stairs.

RESULTS
    Lost 7 lbs since starting APR192020 and 1.4% body fat. The month before that, I lost 4 lbs (wasn't counting body fat in March) so this project - as tiring as it became near the end - helped me regain some momentum. The tale of the tape says I still need to get my nutrition in line though: I'm not eating enough, ironically. The exercise stuff is just helpful for my mobility, flexibility, endurance, reducing boredom etc.

But I finally got to explore "two-a-days" as a concept which I've always been hesitant to do because of the elevated risk of injury, overtraining, etc. Despite my best efforts to stick with the short SELF workouts, I went too long on some of my other exercises because some of them are more meditative for me (like cycling). Either that or I was overeager to try something new like rucking without thinking through the training parameters and potential effects.

WHAT'S NEXT
    Next week is gonna be chill, focusing on nutrition and stretching. Lots of stretching lol As of MAY252020, I'll start a strength-based routine that includes my 25lb kettlebell, my waterbag (which goes up to 75lbs), bodyweight exercises, and some rucking.

I'll explore two-a-days again in August but on a biweekly schedule instead of daily.