I'm Hungry

Options
2»

Replies

• Pollyanna75
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I had it set to two pounds a week because I am impatient ;) I have moved it to one pound a week with the understanding that I can eat that much but I don't have too. In addition to changing how much I eat I have changed what I eat....no more soda and trying to limit sugar. I have added fruits and vegetable which I never ate before. I am also exercising 2 hours a week which I have not done previous so hopefully these changes will make a difference.
    Eating food that are high in fiber will help with the hunger. Also drink lots of water.

Agreed. That is what I do. High fiber will help.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I have always been very results driven whether it be my job or my personal life so what I am struggling with is how I know if I am really losing one pound a week? At first I set my goal at 2 pounds a week because that would equate to a number that I thought I could actually see on the scale in a month, close to 10 pounds. How do I see 4 or 5 pounds in a month.

The reality is you probably won't see exactly a pound a week. Sometimes it might be none. Then one week it might be 3. Sometimes, it might even go up even if you're doing everything right. It's not linear.

I weigh in every couple of weeks. Don't even have a scale,I go to my Dr office. I try not to think about that number too much, and just focus on eating right and exercising. The weigh in, for me, is more about checking in and make sure I'm doing things right over the long term, than a daily test.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    First, eat more. Second, stop worrying about the scale. Your weight doesn't determine how you look naked, your composition does. With aggressive weight loss, you have a greater chance of losing a lot of muscle. So by the token, your goal should be to lose fat, and maintain muscle. Set your goal to 1 lb per week, eat 50% of your exercise calories and change your macro's to around 40% carbs, 35% protein and 25% fats. This shoudl help you hit 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass. Also, make sure you do some good weight training and add in some cardio. I suspect you will be eating more around 2400 calories.
  • Jenume123
    Options
    You could try eating food like porridge or oats for breakfast or even as a substitute for snacking when you get really hungry. It really makes you feel full for at least 3-4 hours.
This discussion has been closed.