Calorie Counter

Message Boards Groups FAT 2 FIT WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE AND SUPPORT GROUP
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

F2F MAY 2020 REGISTRATION - STILL OPEN LAST DAY!!

jugarjugar Member Posts: 4,966 Member Member Posts: 4,966 Member
uic5f2qbfp34.png

MAY 2020 REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN
The MAY Challenge will run for four weeks from MAY 3rd - MAY 31, 2020
because we always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday no matter what!

Welcome to FAT 2 FIT, a weight loss challenge and support group. A community. A wonderful group of warm, fun, and strong people to make your journey possible.

REGISTRATIONS:
Friday April 24, 2020 through Sunday May 3, 2020

WHO WE ARE:
Our group was founded by @mari_moulin in 2016. We have now grown to six teams and 150 members strong. Our vision is to help members lose weight, increase fitness, and gain confidence. Our group has lost over 10,000 pounds to date!

WHAT WE DO:
The group is divided into six teams. Each team is made up of +/- 25 members, including Captains and Motivators. We conduct challenges throughout the month to help grow, inspire, and maintain motivation. We weigh in and report weekly to gauge our success.

HOW TO JOIN:
This is the easy part. Simply post below with the following information:
MFP USER NAME
YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY
YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT

You can change your weigh-in day later if you decide. We are easy like that! One of our Moderators will assign you to a team and give you the team thread information. Check back here for that. Start posting on your team thread, and they’ll guide you through everything!

OUR TEAMS:
Our current Team line up and Captains are as follows:
MISSION SLIMPOSSIBLE...Team Captains: @broncobudee and @TeresaW1020
TRIMSTONES...Team Captains: @JessicaKrall8 and @Mulecanter
WEIGHT NO MORE...Team Captains: @Sleepymom5 and @cafelelia
WAISTAWAYS...Team Captains: @jugar and @micki48
SHRINKING ASSETS....Team Captains: @Beka3695 and @Boehle
DOWNSIZERS.... Team Captains: @lindamtuck2018 and @mari_moulin

OUR MISSION:
Simple — lose weight and become healthier individuals while supporting each other. We emphasize support and accountability. We are there for the long haul.
REGISTER BELOW AND WE WILL DO THE REST!

WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOSE???

WEIGHT…. YOU HAVE WEIGHT TO LOSE!

edited May 3

Replies

• MoStacyMoStacy Member Posts: 58 Member Member Posts: 58 Member
    MoStacy
    192 lb
    Mon (5/4)
    May I please be on team waistaways?
  • jguldi11jguldi11 Member Posts: 218 Member Member Posts: 218 Member
    Jguldi11
    Sundays
    245 lbs
    No team preference ☺
  • WishfulThinning18WishfulThinning18 Member Posts: 126 Member Member Posts: 126 Member
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Shrinking Assets
  • jugarjugar Member Posts: 4,966 Member Member Posts: 4,966 Member
    Greetings first new people for May!

@MoStacy you are certainly welcome on WaistAways - your smile will brighten us all. You were with us before, :smiley: so really it is welcome back! Go ahead to the April team chat, since the May challenge does not begin until the 3rd. You can start posting and mingling with the team, and then your weigh-ins will become "official" on May 4th. See you soon!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790211/waistaways-team-chat-april-2020#latest

@jguldi11 - You will also join the WaistAways - I'm keeping things simple today! If you are completely new to Fat2Fit, take some time to check out the various links on the home page.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
    We have a couple of challenges running (under Announcements) for anyone on any team, and the individual team threads are where you weigh in, chat with the team, and get to know your teammates. Go ahead and post an introduction there (link above, or just click on the WaistAways April 2020 chat under "Discussions").
    WishfulThinning18
    Sunday
    Shrinking Assets
    You got it! And welcome back to F2F. The Assets will keep you company on the journey, and I wish you all the best! Their April chat thread is at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790214/shrinking-assets-team-chat-april-2020#latest
    Your first "official" weigh in will be May 3rd, and your starting weight will be what you just posted here. If you want to change days or anything else, just let your fearless leaders @Beka3695 and @boehle know!
  • lenka1lenka1 Member Posts: 291 Member Member Posts: 291 Member
    Hello! I have been part of weight no more last year. Got pregnant and left. Now I’m fat again lol and ready to get fit haha

I’d love to go back to that team if possible.

Lenka1
    Starting weight 172.0
    Weigh in day Friday
    edited April 25
    lenka1 wrote: »
    Hello! I have been part of weight no more last year. Got pregnant and left. Now I’m fat again lol and ready to get fit haha

I’d love to go back to that team if possible.

Lenka1
    Starting weight 172.0
    Weigh in day Friday
    Back to WeightNoMore with you!! I hope you are having a great time with your baby, even if it is hard to shake the weight - the WNM folks will help you get it gone.

You are now on the support team to get started until May 3rd, and then you'll hit official status. Go ahead and post, get back in the groove, and you'll hit May already ahead of the game.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790216/weight-no-more-team-chat-april-2020/p27
  • samuel860samuel860 Member Posts: 37 Member Member Posts: 37 Member
    Samuel860
    Tuesdays
    216 lbs
    No team preference ☺
  • SMcFall0215SMcFall0215 Member Posts: 76 Member Member Posts: 76 Member
    Smcfall0215
    Friday
    No preference
  • unevanounevano Member Posts: 30 Member Member Posts: 30 Member
    Hi, I hit a weight of 260 then got mad enough to do something about it and hit my 1st goal weight of 198 in about 5 months (ultimate goal weight is 154) and then lost my motivation and went back to old habits again. regained 38 lbs in about 4 1/2 months. Got mad enough again to do something about it just 1 day ago. lost 3.5 lbs in 1 day which I am sure was retained water weight but it still makes me feel better. Looking forward to losing my cravings for junk food again. This group sounds like the perfect support I need. Thanks

unevano
    Monday
    No team preference
  • RaisedToRambleRaisedToRamble Member, Premium Posts: 22 Member Member, Premium Posts: 22 Member
    JenoHayford
    Saturday
    No Preference :smile:
  • MaddyJo2030MaddyJo2030 Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    MaddyJo2030
    Sunday’s
    No team preference
    OK! here we go ---

@samuel860 - you were with the Downsizers before, but I'm going to mix things up and send you over to the Shrinking Assets. They are a great bunch, and I think you'll enjoy the community and the support. The April chat thread is at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790214/shrinking-assets-team-chat-april-2020#latest
    Go ahead and introduce yourself, get situated and you're good to go! You can weigh in this week if you want to have an updated starting weight for May, but your first official weigh in will be on the 5th. Good luck!

@SMcFall0215 @unevano and @jenohayford - will all join Team Waistaways. We look forward to getting to know you, and hope you'll have a great time on our team. The chat for April is at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790211/waistaways-team-chat-april-2020#latest

@MaddyJo2030 - I'm sending you to the wonderful Downsizers. They are a beautiful group, and you will certainly recieve a warm welcome. The April chat is at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790215/downsizers-team-chat-april-2020#latest

Joining in the team chat at the end of the month can be a bit like jumping in at the deep end, but it is better than waiting until next Sunday when the May challenge officially begins, right? Don't worry about trying to read the whole month's worth of posts! Just introduce yourselves, ask any questions you have, and you'll be all ready when the new month begins. If you want the introductory information, go back to Page 1 of your chat thread, and read the first few messages that explain how everything works. Your teammates will help out, and any time you want to make any change, just ask your team captains or me any time!

Good luck! I hope this community will become an important part of your journey, especially during this time when we need connections and support to stick with our weight and fitness goals even though things are difficult. Welcome!
  • annajohns85annajohns85 Member Posts: 48 Member Member Posts: 48 Member
    Can I join please
    Current 170
    Normally weigh on Sunday but can weigh any day
  • Jax_GrimJax_Grim Member Posts: 266 Member Member Posts: 266 Member
    Would love to join.

Jax_Grim
    249.4 lbs
    Sunday weigh ins
  • Loriab901Loriab901 Member Posts: 115 Member Member Posts: 115 Member
    Would like to join
    Loriab901
    Saturday weigh in
  • kyfrancikkyfrancik Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    Would like to join

Kyfrancik
    Any weigh in day is fine.
  • lisasolo149lisasolo149 Member Posts: 12 Member Member Posts: 12 Member
    I would love to join!
    Lisasolo149
    Starting weight: 172.9 (April 27)
    Weigh in day: Monday
    May is going to be fantastic! Welcome new people. Here are your teams:

@annajohns85 and @Jax_Grim you will join the Trimstones.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790213/trimstones-team-chat-april-2020/p18
    is the April chat thread - go ahead and introduce yourselves, and next Sunday everyone will migrate to the May challenge. Your weigh-ins will be due on the 1st day (Sunday, May 3rd), so get ready! Help the team have a fantastic Week 1.

@Loriab901 - welcome back! Since you did not request a particular team, I thought I'd put you somewhere new. If you want to go back to the same team as before (since you know some people there), just let me know. Otherwise, give the Shrinking Assets a try --

@kyfrancik and @lisasolo149 will be with the Downsizers. @kyfrancik I'm arbitrarily putting you on a Monday weigh-in (since today is Monday) but you can change that any time if you don't like it. Just post a message on your team chat thread and your Captain will get it changed for you. The Downsizers is a warm and friendly team, and I'm sure you will feel like family very soon. The April chat is at
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10790215/downsizers-team-chat-april-2020/p24

Don't worry about feeling a bit lost at first - ask all your questions on your team thread (or here if you're really lost!), and they'll help you out with everything. It can also help to read the first page of the month's chat - the general ins and outs are explained there, and team members have introduced themselves if you're curious. Of course, that will all happen again in a few days when we open the May chat threads, so don't worry! You'll be up and running in no time.
    edited April 27
  • hiparihipari Member, Premium Posts: 948 Member Member, Premium Posts: 948 Member
    Hi! I'd like to rejoin Shrinking Assets, if possible. Had to take some time off due to more urgent health issues (food poisoning, burnout).

Name: hipari
    Starting weight: will update once I have the chance for a morning weigh-in
    Weigh in day: Sunday
This discussion has been closed.