WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2020

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Ah Kate I'm so sorry.

Lisa Bwahahahaha! I am strange. Proud of it.

The pictures of Athena are so dear they give me heart pangs. Makes me catch my breath. Sleepy Sweetness.

>>>

We had a nice rain this morning; wish I could send you some, Heather. It's lush here in Virginia. Edie in her wet suit looking so grown up and strong.

>>>

Karen in Virginia
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Many hugs, Kate... I'm so sorry.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Kate- Do they allow grave side ones ? Or a drive by wake at your home??

Amber Tx

2/5th of Daughters packages made it onto the base the rest failed to make it.Ready for this pandemic to pass
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    Options
    Yes sad their good y bad people in law enforcement just like any job. When you meet a good one support them with ALL you can.

Amber Tx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Kate UK - So sorry for all the family. Will the new rules make it easier to have some kind of assembly outside? <3
    (((Hugs)))

Karen - Yes! I'm thinking of your granddaughter too. The swimmer. :D Brave hearts. I love to see a girl in tune with her body.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,336 Member
    edited May 2020
    Options
    Did a Functional Intensity Training DVD. Either I’m out of shape or else this DVD really had me sweating. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the rebounder.

M – will you be able to leave Australia for your PhD? I thought there was something about how you couldn’t leave because of your hubby. Of course, I could be wrong

Amber – did RJ make a big mess or did he just tell his “sister” that?

I must have missed Amber’s post about walking across the states. Could you please repeat it for me?

Tracey
    – lovely deck. Looks like the lights that we have around our pool

Luci – our area is like yours. It seems that it’s mainly the elderly who wear masks. I really wish NC would take it slower to open up. I realize that people feel they need to get back to earning their pay and businesses feel the need to open. But that doesn’t help much when you’re dead.

Allie – I remember my cousin telling me that her hubby’s mother was in a nursing home. She was something like 92. My cousin’s hubby died, but she never told his mother. How do you tell a 92 year old that she’s outlived all of her sons. So he was always home cutting the grass or something. Fortunately, there was a guy who worked at the nursing home who from behind sort-of looked like him. My cousin would tell her MIL “oh, don’t you remember, Joe was just here. Look, there he is walking down the hall”. And all the time he was dead. She went on vacation and fortunately, she was a twin. So she had her twin go to the nursing home and pretend to be her. I thought that was very compassionate of her. Sounds like something you would do

Heather
    – you don’t know how lucky you are to be getting pictures of the kids

Pip – when we moved from our first home to our second, I was sad in a way. We had to do all the fixing-up that I’d wanted to do all along. Now that we did it, I couldn’t enjoy it. Oh well….

Put out a bit more landscape border. I truly think Vince is MAYBE getting it that you don’t have to do it all in one day, listen to your body. Previously, he would push thru even if he didn’t feel well. Today he admitted that he’s feeling dehydrated so he’s going to stop. I just told him “it’s OK if it takes 3 days to do something” Of that I’m proud of him. That’s a big leap for him

Karen VA – I don’t think you’re strange at all, you're like the rest of us, not exactly a full bunch. Your happiness is most important

When Vince worked and people came to the US from the UK, they always commented on how large the portions of food were in the US

Heather – been pretty rainy and humid here yesterday and today and I suspect tomorrow. Well, hurricane Bertha was off the coast of SC. I think she's moved further north. It won’t get as far inland as we are, but we will feel some of the moisture. How’s it by you, Luci?

Rebecca – “heart be still”

Kate UK – (((HUGS))))

Beth – so glad your AC is fixed. I’m sure your hubby will find what he needs at Lowes

Cleaned our bathroom and then really cleaned the powder room. I don't think I did that room before, or else I didn't do a real thorough job. This stinks, I got everything real clean, now I need to do it again!

Michele NC
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Michele - I feel for you that Denise isn't good at sending photos. It has made such a difference to this long lockdown. However, if I had to rely on my own son to send us photos they would be very thin on the ground. I am blessed with my DDIL.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Made it home. As I was returning home most businesses were closed. I tried to get gas and the station was closed. The young man who fixed our frig was lucky to get the part we needed. The area he went to get the part was closed shortly there after. Looters and rioters started attacking the businesses. A shopping center about a mile from us is starting to get looted.

I was going to go back to see my son tonight. I go twice a day. I will not be going back. They are telling people to stay home. Just as I got back DH was going to go out for a run. I told him what was happening and he should stay home. He went out running anyway. Does he not understand I am already suffering from extreme stress does he need to add to it.

Our son is suffering from severe depression and waiting on meds. The postal system has shut down and it will more than likely delay his meds.

Governor just activated our National Guard. Hopefully this will help!

Please pray for our community!
    Thank you,
    :heart: Margaret

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    edited May 2020
    Options
    JR as a tiny baby learned to sit so we put him in the pool.He was big enough if he knew how to stand he could have done it lol . A pic of Newborn JR being held up by his paternal Grandpas who looks like hubby a lot. JR has their Jewish nose seeing the point starting on it so proud of it we both are the same/similar race so JR bloodlines pretty much same as us (only Daughter has an extra one tossed in)
    azaj7bffxwma.jpeg
    8uctkcuyndr9.jpeg
    keufsprp8gmi.jpeg

Michele NC- I added an app when I walk its national parks to Marathon so it counts my miles walked each so many miles I get to view a parks picture of its sites. I like it even works with cell in my pocket not opened.
    “Walk the Distance”.
    Yes JR made a giant huge very proud of it mess. Good news is he fell asleep fast y long at bedtime. Wore himself out making it luckily.

Amber Tx

Hubby like my grandfather (both dark men) forgives y forgets moves on. I hate that he has to do that with no apology nothing plus a police note somewhere like he was a stalker for going to work for that lady. Bet she calls on the pizza boy too so oh well folks like that get recorded put on the Internet now of days eventually. That’s life had my ligaments broke in school called names for being mixed race many do. I was lucky by the time Daughter entered school only a few racist teachers (1 grades her looks took “N word” points off of her grade y a bad bus driver who threw the word around plus bad grades for her hair not being straight in some JROTC schools). Luckily her peers were 100% accepting was just those rest of the teachers were kind y super supportive. It’s a part of life you just move forward leave it in God’s hands. Bus driver was fired the teacher has a Blk woman present in her class to watch over her y educate her on the correct way to teach for 5years (was that or be fired well she was young fresh out of college figured an older woman could teach her right from wrong give her a shot at being one of the best someday). Navy codes were changed recently when Daughter joined for hairstyles especially mixed race to Darker races hair styles. This lets her not have to be punished for something out of her control. It happens someday it won’t anymore. Every generation is a fresh start from God.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Ugh im tired and in bed and just cant get comfortable....
    Alfie snoozing fine lol..
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options
    Made it home. As I was returning home most businesses were closed. I tried to get gas and the station was closed. The young man who fixed our frig was lucky to get the part we needed. The area he went to get the part was closed shortly there after. Looters and rioters started attacking the businesses. A shopping center about a mile from us is starting to get looted.

I was going to go back to see my son tonight. I go twice a day. I will not be going back. They are telling people to stay home. Just as I got back DH was going to go out for a run. I told him what was happening and he should stay home. He went out running anyway. Does he not understand I am already suffering from extreme stress does he need to add to it.

Our son is suffering from severe depression and waiting on meds. The postal system has shut down and it will more than likely delay his meds.

Governor just activated our National Guard. Hopefully this will help!

Please pray for our community!
    Thank you,
    :heart: Margaret

Oh my goodness, that's terrifying. Praying fervently for you all!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    DH made it back from running. He said it was quiet and many less people I said that is because we were told to stay home until things are safer. At least this is one less stress.

I am just so grateful we were able to get son's frig fixed and for a reasonable price. It would be very difficult to try and get this work done now given what is going on. I really like the young man who fixed it and will write a good review tomorrow. He is a small business who is just trying to make a it in these tough times. I already recommended him to some one on our next door neighbor site. We have a local website where those in our neighbor hood can ask for recommendations to get work done. buy and sell things, alert others to crime in the neighborhood. I have found it a great resource.
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,730 Member
    Options
    Margaret - I think I missed a post or something. Why is the national guard being called out? Prayers for your community.

Kim - I don’t understand why they need a meeting for this. We are having our temp taken every morning and have to answer questions as well. Our government didn’t deen these questions or our temperature personal medical information. I don’t have an issue with it. We so far have two bankers boxes full of these questionnaires. We are trying to determine what our legal requirement is to keep them at this point.
    I also don’t understand “clean eating” I do agree with eating healthier though.

I am sitting out enjoying my new deck as I read and respond to the posts today. I have Off lanterns going, and they seem to be doing the job of keeping the mosquitoes at bay a bit at least. Tomorrow is supposed to be cloudy all day but warm.

Today we had a meeting at work and were introduced to some of our board members. We are a privately owned not for profit nursing home. I learned that if I was to complain to the board about how my boss treats people that they would probably just pass the message along to her. There was a complaint against her from an outside company and they shared it with her. I don’t like that idea.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    M – will you be able to leave Australia for your PhD? I thought there was something about how you couldn’t leave because of your hubby. Of course, I could be wrong

Michele NC

I'm not going for a PhD ... or at least not for quite a while. I need a break from universities. Plus I don't have the time or money ... I'd have to do it full time which would mean that I couldn't work for at least 3 years. And the courses aren't cheap.

If I were to win a lottery or somehow come into some money so that I didn't have to work for a few years, then I'd go for the PhD.

It's one of those dreams ... what would I do if I won a million dollars? Well, one of the first things I'd do is to go for a PhD. :grin:

And you are partly right ... my husband can't leave Tasmania, a small island state of Australia. He can't go over to the mainland for more than a weekend and certainly can't move there ... and definitely not to any other countries.

Right now, Tasmania's borders are closed and have been for a couple months, and will be for a while yet ... that's OK with us because we haven't been able to leave for over 2 years now.

One day that may change.

GodMomKim wrote: »
    Heather - “ Now you ladies on here are all eating clean, right? ” Ok I give! What the *ell is meant by “clean” ???? So do I wash my veggies ? Yes Is every bite nutritionally good for me? No Are there chemicals in my food? YES (remember even water is a chemical) I have heard this “clean” thing for years and never a definition…

Kim from N. California

There is no definition of "clean". :grin: Everyone seems to have their own definition.

I eat what I like, with quite a high veggie content and if I had to label my diet, the closest I think might be Mediterranean.

Machka in Oz