Monthly Post May 2020

13»

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,955 Member
    Hope all is well with everybody. :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,517 Member
    Good morning, y'all!! I get to get into my new classroom this afternoon! Super excited!

As far as fasting is going, this week hasn't been great. I am thinking I will end up with a fast like I did last Saturday, either tomorrow or the next day. I am not feeling great this week, but I want to make sure I get a good fast in.

I re-watched the Mosley documentaries last weekend. There were a few things that he said that I had forgotten. Made me think about a few things. When I am feeling better next week, I am going to change things up a bit.

@Meghan509 I use the flavor packets from Ramen noodles to make broth, or I use some bouillon granules and seasonings. So definitely NOT low sodium! I am glad everything is going well for you!

Have a great day! Stay healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Hi all!

@KateNkognito sounds great! Yep, salt is your friend when it comes to electrolytes and stuff. Glad to hear!

Dr. Mosley is awesome. I think I follow him on social media too. :)

Typical day here. About to have lunch at 3:00pm. 1200 calories | 20g carbs or less, etc.

Tomorrow is weigh in day. :o

Have a great day and see you all soon!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning all.

My weight is the exact same number as last week. Meh. Whatever. :( I know I am definitely losing inches as my size 10 jeans felt pretty loose the other day. We will be measuring in another week or so as well.

Hope everybody is good and you all have a nice weekend.

See you soon.
  • cgcrutch
    cgcrutch Posts: 223 Member
    I broke down and had burgerking last night, after almost 2 days of dry fasting... My tummy did not like me afterwards lol! Had a strong craving for ice cream, after watching a TV shows where someone has a huge bowl of it. Ordered a shake, and food just to meet minimum delivery requirement. They didn't even have the shake so I ended up with food I didn't really want and no ice cream :s and bubble guts, and a pound of weight gain. After all that time of dry fasting! Should have been 2lb down instead of 1lb up. Trying again today. I have a heafty goal I'd like to meet by July, requiring about a pound of weight loss a day. I do have until mid October to reach my end goal, but I'd like to be in a good place by my birthday
  • Meghan509
    Sorry to hear it @cgcrutch! You got this. <3
  • cgcrutch
    False alarm! My weight went down to almost a pound less than what it was before the fast food. Still on track for my birthday :)
  • A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Happy weekend everyone! Glad to see everyone is doing well!

I'm on day 4 of my 4 day fast, I should be breaking in the morning, but have decided to continue open ended. I've been feeling really well during this fast. No hunger, no headaches (meaning I'm keeping my electrolytes in check) and I've had an amazing amount of energy. With my kidney stone I'm waiting for surgery for, my energy levels have been crap. This excess energy is making me feel so much more like myself and is the main reason I've decided to keep fasting.

@Meghan509 thanks for posting your stats mine are so very similar.
    Meghan509 wrote: »
    Here are my stats: 48 year old female | 5'4" | HW (Feb. 2012) 240 | SW (Aug. 2019) 210 | CW 161.4 | GW 140

Here are my stats: 41 year old female | 5'4" | HW (many times over the years ) 222 | SW (Nov. 2019) 220 | CW 163.6 | GW 145?

I originally had a GW of 170 as I thought that would have been an aggressive GW for me to achieve. Obviously I've made it past 170. I'm taking it 10lbs at a time, I'm more looking to get rid of the rest of my belly flab over a particular number. I'm guessing 15lbs or 20lbs out to do it. I want to put on some muscle mass too as typically with all this bed rest with my kidney means I've lost some muscle in my legs and butt and need to add a bit of bulk there. Lol

@cgcrutch is there a reason you're dry fasting, dry fasting can be dangerous if you're doing longer fasts. Please be careful.

@KateNkognito great work listening to your body, some days it's a day to fast, other days, not so much! You're doing great!

Much love ladies! ♥
  • cgcrutch
    @A_Dabauer yes, I'm dry fasting because it's 3x as effective as water fasting. I'm well informed of it's effects and benefits, not worried about fasting too long
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,517 Member
    Morning, all! I got on the scale this morning and was surprised to see that I have gained more than a bit. I wasn't good last week, but certainly not bad. I am guessing it is hormones and water weight, but it has motivated me to get going.

@cgcrutch Congratulations on the loss! I have found that if I am losing a lot, a day of higher calories actually does me some good. I guess my body says, "Hey, there are calories available! Ok, I can let go of some of this fat!"

@A_Dabauer It sounds like you have a good thing going! Congratulations!!

Here are my stats: 41 year old female | 5'1" (on a good day) | HW (many times) 186 | SW I have started a LOT of times | CW 184 | GW 128
    I have been up and down a lot over the years. The last two or three have been super stressful and busy and I have been treading back and forth over the same 10 pounds. My big hope is to be less than 150 so my wedding ring fits. After that, I would like to get to 128 because I would no longer be overweight. I am not sure I will make that, but it is a goal.

I hope everyone has a great week! It is supposed to get HOT here! This is when I wish we had a pool of our own. I would like to be able to go out and do some exercise in the water. I always feel like it really torches the calories. Have a good one! Stay healthy!
  • cgcrutch
    @KateNkognito Ya, a cheat day every week or 2 used to give a big loss afterwards. Hasn't been happening that way for me lately, must have se healing to do first.

My stats: 30 yr old female. 5ft 5.5in. Current weight 224, highest weight 233, goal weight 150. I gave myself 9 months to get to goal, but the past few months I've been gaining and undoing progress from earlier this year. Now have until October to get to 150.