I hit my biggest weight 220lbs

Options
sillyquinn
sillyquinn Posts: 1 Member
I have never been this heavy and I could feel it. I am so tired and out of breath all the time, I’m 21 and I shouldn’t be feeling like this. I feel so sluggish, my face is slowly breaking out. I have nothing to blame but myself. I know I have the will power to lose weight because I have down it time and time again... I’ve learned from my mistakes in the past. I rushed myself to lose weight fast and when I did, I stopped trying. This time I will take it slow, even if it takes just losing 3 pounds in a month. I will do it correctly and safely. I’ve read peoples stories and I felt motivated to write this :)

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race, absolutely! You can do it :smile:
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady for sure. Don't always rely on the scale for progress, take measurements and progress photos for inspiration. And make small changes you can maintain for the rest of your life. Honestly, I was someone who could drop 50 pounds in a few months when I was in my 20's and 30's, but I always gained it back. It took a long time to realize I needed to make small changes every day to make it stick. Get a plan together for the future, look at new foods/recipes and get movement in every day. Good luck!

Go get 'em tiger!
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Hurray! You sound like you are in a great space and heaed in a great direction! Slow and steady is great!

I started out heavier than you (over 265 lbs) and lost over 130 pounds to get to my goal weight. They key has been slow and steady, and making very small, baby steps changes. Making changes step by step a little at a time, and understanding that I needed to get to change what I was doing was key. (If you get interested in the behavior aspect, check out Tiny Habitsby BJ Fogg or Atomic Habits by James Clear.)

Great work! You go, girl!