Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Constant Issues Loading Diary/Landing Page

pitbullpuppypitbullpuppy Member Posts: 103 Member Member Posts: 103 Member
I don't know if it is just me, and note that the app is perfect, but on my desktop it takes multiple tries to access, add food, modify food, etc. in my food diary; same with simply loading 'myfitnesspal.com'. It always lags or has an error or something. Thanks

Replies

• bmeadows380bmeadows380 Member Posts: 2,262 Member Member Posts: 2,262 Member
    I've been having trouble with the desktop version too. It has issues anyway once in a while, but this weekend seemed to be worse than usual. It often times out when trying to load the home page, or I get the "site is down for maintenance" message. Sometimes when I'm trying to add food to my dairy it will crash only for me to re-enter my diary to find the item there or actually multiple versions of it. I had a time and half getting it to accept my exercise counts yesterday.
  • wendi65165wendi65165 Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    I have been struggling with the desk top version all day and the app will not even load
  • DigitalDianaDigitalDiana Member Posts: 157 Member Member Posts: 157 Member
    Quite frequently the desktop version of the page will not load... and instead of telling me that it's timed-out, it ays "site down for maintenance. At that point, I log in again and it is Okay, however, there is some problem on the server end that is making this app more than a little frustrating. Admin, could you please look into this?
  • mlsantorimlsantori Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I'm unable to use the site more than 50% of the time due to these errors. The app is always reliable. I get the feeling that the company is not interested in maintaining the site very well. If they were, they would be monitoring it and be aware of the instability of the site. If anybody from the company actually reads this, please know that I'm fine using the app for most basic tracking but prefer the web when dealing with recipes and other more involved tasks.
  • ritzvinritzvin Member, Premium Posts: 2,553 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,553 Member
    I don't know if it is just me, and note that the app is perfect, but on my desktop it takes multiple tries to access, add food, modify food, etc. in my food diary; same with simply loading 'myfitnesspal.com'. It always lags or has an error or something. Thanks

Probably similar to the overloading the site gets in January from the resolutioners... lots of furloughed boredom-eating folks have been signing up.
  • ritzvinritzvin Member, Premium Posts: 2,553 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2,553 Member
    (and yes, it has been acting up and seemingly timing out at least once every time I try to log something on the web site during the last few days).
  • Strudders67Strudders67 Member Posts: 399 Member Member Posts: 399 Member
    Try clearing your cache. It won't stop the problems - I still get them- but it seems to resolve it for a while.