Tracking all fruit and veg?

2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    I wonder if there are games you can create that would make it more fun. When I'm tracking trying to hit all my micronutrients (similar to trying to hit all your macros), and of course cals, is like a game for me, as someone else said above. I also enjoy weighing (often weigh even if I don't log), since seeing how closely I can predict the amount is fun, and chopping and then weighing actually tends to help me remember to do a mise en place, which makes the actual cooking process easier. Remembering numbers and putting them after also can be a memory test. Since all my normal ingredients are in recent (or the version of that at Cron, these days), the actual logging process is fast.

Yes. It's nearly unbelievable to me how much better I've become, even at my advanced-ish age, at remembering numbers, just from calorie counting. I've long been good at math (the concepts/applications), but bad at arithmetic (times tables, carry the one kind of thing), and bad at remembering numbers. I'm amazed at how much better that's gotten, just from mild practice during calorie-counting. Brains are weird. ;)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,983 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    I am lazier than some people. I have logged countless veggie delight salads from Subway because I never bothered to create my own entry.

Ultimately you will develop some tricks to make logging smoother but I encourage you to spend some time logging everything the tedious way. It is important to learn your habits not rely on the habits of other people. I know the max amount of cooking spray I use is never more than 6g so that is what I log. I know the max amount of onions I put in a frittata is never more than 180g so that is what I log. I know this all works for me because I lose weight on schedule. If that changes I will return to logging every bite until I nail down the problem.

yes I have an entry called garden salad that covers any sort of basic tomato/lettuce/ low calorie greens with bit of salad dressing.

I dont bother logging the tiny pieces of lettuce or tomato that go in one sandwich

Even fruits I weigh once and then take each one thereafter to be an average - or half the average or whatever.

The trick in all this is to log as accurately as works for you - if you are not a data geek (I'm not either) then find your own sweet spot - the amount of accuracy you are comfortable with that yields results ie that results in the rate of weight loss you are aiming for.

Yes I have had success and I do not log religiously - but I do log, albeit loosely.