Streak with No WiFi or Cellular Data

Are you able to keep your MFP streak going if you have to back log? Basically I’m going out of cellular range and there is no WiFi for 5 days. I was hoping when I’m back in range I could go back into the diary and log my food and workouts which might keep my streak? Thoughts?

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited May 2020
    You can correct your streak here https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request

back-logging won't have any affect on it, as it's based on logging into the app on the day, not diary completion, if you've no signal it won't detect it
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Are you able to keep your MFP streak going if you have to back log? Basically I’m going out of cellular range and there is no WiFi for 5 days. I was hoping when I’m back in range I could go back into the diary and log my food and workouts which might keep my streak? Thoughts?

The streak is just for logging in to the website or app...it's not a diary logging streak. If you can't log into the site your streak will end...which really isn't a big deal. So what you couldn't log into a website for a few days. I think that's a good thing sometimes. People are too tethered to tech and social media.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

The streak is just for logging in to the website or app...it's not a diary logging streak. If you can't log into the site your streak will end...which really isn't a big deal. So what you couldn't log into a website for a few days. I think that's a good thing sometimes. People are too tethered to tech and social media.

Some people can find that habits are reinforced by maintaining a streak. Since I have known for some time this one is just a daily visit streak I don't think much of it but it might help other people.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

Some people can find that habits are reinforced by maintaining a streak. Since I have known for some time this one is just a daily visit streak I don't think much of it but it might help other people.

To the extent that it is possible, sure...but if it's not possible, then it is illogical to worry about it or somehow tie that to success or failure. It's not something within the realm of one's control.