Night time snacks!!

Options
2»

Replies

• RunnerGirl238
    RunnerGirl238 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Neil7905 wrote: »
    Good evening all, this is the worst part of the day. Everything has calmed down, stopped to a halt, the kids are in bed or you're just laying infront of the TV.
    You've gone from one extreme to the other, your body still wants something to do.
    When you give-in to restlessness. What do you snack on?
    I.e what is safe to snack on? I.e rice cakes, homemade popcorn (lightly salted).

I am not a night time snacked but I am a 4pm-holy-hell-gimme-gimme snacked.

I’m really into salty anything so I have found celery with a bit of whipped cream cheese and Everything Bagel seasoning is really good. A lot of satisfying crunch, salt and creaminess -hits all of my reqs. At night, I really try hard to not snack. Often night snacking means one is tired. I just go to sleep :)
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Since your body does not turn sugar and carbs to fat any easier then someone else..

Perhaps instead of believing that myth, working on portion control and hand to mouth awareness would actually be a beneficial skill to learn during your weight loss.
  • aayudinova
    aayudinova Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, I enjoy barely buttered/lightly salted popcorn. It's a guilt free snack for me. I also stick to berries and other fruit, or a protein smoothie if I need something more substantial.
  • Neil7905
    Neil7905 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    RinChillin wrote: »
    Popcorn actually sounds like a good idea, gotta get into that. I usually snack on raw veggies and hummus or guac, like cucumbers or baby carrots, or even berries and other fruits, and then gin and diet tonic.That's a bad habit for me. :D

I enjoy making hummus, with choped celery/carrots. But can get too much of a good thing.
  • Neil7905
    Options
    Since your body does not turn sugar and carbs to fat any easier then someone else..

Perhaps instead of believing that myth, working on portion control and hand to mouth awareness would actually be a beneficial skill to learn during your weight loss.

Hhmmmm that sounds an awful like 'The Truth' NOT a big fan 😂🤣😂 I've been living on denial and myths for too long now. I tend to stick to the myths because of my addictive personality.
  • Neil7905
    Options
    aayudinova wrote: »
    Yes, I enjoy barely buttered/lightly salted popcorn. It's a guilt free snack for me. I also stick to berries and other fruit, or a protein smoothie if I need something more substantial.

Yeah I feel as though I keep to a healthy diet. I just. Ant stop eating!!!
  • KrissFlavored
    KrissFlavored Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Neil7905 wrote: »

Hhmmmm that sounds an awful like 'The Truth' NOT a big fan 😂🤣😂 I've been living on denial and myths for too long now. I tend to stick to the myths because of my addictive personality.

You can choose to eat however you want, but it's better to understand that it's simply a self control problem, rather then your body being unique to science.
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Current favourites include

Popcorn
    Rice cakes
    Halo top
    10cal jelly pots
    Pop chips
  • Neil7905
    Options