Weighing in

13»

Replies

• KrissDotCom
    KrissDotCom Posts: 217 Member
    Depending on what kind of day ive had, ill weigh in daily and also sometimes at night.
  • MommaGemz
    MommaGemz Posts: 494 Member
    For me it has to be daily, in the morning, right after I pee. It sets the tone for the entire day and reminds me to stay on track.
  • lgfrie
    lgfrie Posts: 1,449 Member
    I decided to take a break from daily weigh-ins around 5 weeks ago. I didn't get on a scale for almost a month, trusting my new habits developed over the past year, along with calorie logging. Last week I weighed in and discovered I'd gained 5.5 pounds - totally off base from where it should've been based on food measuring and logging. Something definitely went wrong! This is the first weight I've gained back at all in well over a year. Learned my lesson. I'm back to daily morning weigh-ins. They keep me engaged with the diet and hold me to account.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    edited July 2020
    I've weighed myself every day for the past 8 yrs and I plan to continue to weigh myself every day until the day I die.

Doing do has allowed me to lose 40# from 190-200 down to 150-160 (twice over the past 8 yrs) and to maintain that weight loss "for good" over the past 4 yrs and hopefully for the rest of my life as long as I continue to do so.

The reason I failed to maintain my wt loss bet yrs 3-4 was because I renewed bad eating habits and stopped using MFP.

So, for me, controlling my weight requires BOTH weighing myself AND counting cals daily; one is no good w/o the other.
  • JintheSouth
    JintheSouth Posts: 44 Member
    I weigh myself daily, after using the bathroom and before eating anything. I log it into MFP every Monday.
    When I first started my weight loss journey about 10 years ago, I weighed in daily but didn’t change my eating habits too much. It helped me realize Chinese food and eating out 4-5 times a week weren’t doing me any good. I credit daily weigh ins for helping me change my eating habits to cooking my own food and eating in moderation.
    I had ditched the scale for a while, I think for a year or two. I hopped on the scale at the doctor and found I gained 7 pounds.
    Weighing in daily keeps me in check. I find if I overdid it and packed on a pound or two, I tend to scale back a bit (no pun intended) on what I eat the next day or two.
  • jamloche
    jamloche Posts: 109 Member
    Every day. In the morning. After the bathroom, but before eating. I use a spreadsheet that calculates a weighted 7-day-average, and I consider that average to be my true weight. The actual scale numbers just give me the raw data I need to figure out the truth.

Still ... sometimes there are emotions, but such is life.
  • Ghenry1892
    Ghenry1892 Posts: 5 Member
    Every Monday morning, first thing when I wake up,