June 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• marisap2010
    marisap2010 Posts: 909 Member
    @brittanystebbins95 I am sending you lots of positive vibes to deal with all of your stressors. Sounds like you are listening to your body, so maybe a move to walking is just what you need.

@katharmonic Sounds like a great hike, minus the sheer rock face. Gives me flashbacks of a particularly scary hike we did in Acadia that required scaling metal rungs on the rock face. *shudders* Anyways, love the Adirondacks! We try to go sometimes when we visit hubby’s parents. Also, I can’t believe you ran after your hike. Go you!

@Camaramandy648 Good luck on your runs over the next few days.

I think I have gotten in around 10 miles over the last 3 days. We did get an alert about air quality for the dust cloud. I went outside a few minutes ago, and it didn’t seem too bad, so I may go out shortly before it gets hot and get in a few miles.
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    6-1 7k moderate
    6-2 7k moderate
    6-3 7k easy
    6-4 7k moderately easy
    6-5 7k easily moderate
    6-6 7k slow
    6-7 7k moderate
    6-8 rest
    6-9 7k moderately easy
    6-10 7k easy
    6-11 7k easy
    6-12 7k moderate
    6-13 7k thresholdy
    6-14 7k moderate
    6-15 rest
    6-16 7k easy
    6-17 7k easy
    6-18 7k easy
    6-19 7k easy
    6-20 7k moderate
    6-21 forced rest
    6-22 rest
    6-23 rest
    6-24 4k slow
    6-25 5k slow
    6-26 7k slow
    6-27 7k slow

June Total: 149k
    June Goal: 170k

January Total: 161k
    February Total: 167k
    March Total: 181k
    April Total: 191k
    May Total: 200k

2020 Total through May: 900k

Cloudy, high 60s F and a breeze today. Back continues to improve, but is still not back to normal.

When you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles
    Stretch goal: If I can average 169k per month, I can run 2020k in 2020

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:

9-19 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson, OH
    10-11 Haunted Hustle 5k, Aurora, OH
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Pray for me 😭
    My husband just applied for emergency funding through his college because his academy was halted due to COVID, and now he won't be finished with it and working until October. Baby is due in August. We're already scraping by, and now I have maternity leave and then daycare to worry about. He was supposed to be done in May, so everything was very nicely planned out and we were set financially, and then had a wrench thrown into it.
    Our lease was also up June 1st, and our landlord said months ago he would send over a new lease, but he seemingly forgot? So we are using this opportunity to try and find something cheaper. We found a home that's not only bigger, but also cheaper. I sent in an application for the house, but we need this emergency funding or it likely won't happen :( We are living paycheck to paycheck, barely. I'm also afraid that when they contact our current landlord as a reference, he's going to put our house we're in currently back on the market or give us a certain amount of time to get out. And then panic while we scramble for a place to live if we're not approved. He's been cool so far, but I can't help but worry.

Running's been going okay. I've had to cut my 2 miles down even further to 1.5
    And I am hurting something fierce today. I feel like I got punched in my private area. After googling (bad idea) I think it may be the ligaments in my pelvis are irritated or that the pelvis itself is trying to separate. So I don't know if its from running yesterday, because I did a 1.5 mile run/walk with my husband and then ran my own 1.5 miles, or if it could be from the leg workout I did at the gym right before running. It involved squats and dead lifts and I'm wondering if maybe I'm pushing too hard.
    I'm gonna definitely take it easy the next couple of days and talk to my midwife tomorrow at my appointment. My goal was to make it to at least 32 weeks with running and I will be there on Sunday. Breaks my heart but it may be time to suck it up and start walking instead.

Praying for you. I hope that things work out for you
  • Shortgirlrunning
    Shortgirlrunning Posts: 1,020 Member
    @rheddmobile - Oooh! I love your solstice medal!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    @katharmonic Good for you for going for a run when you still haven't fully recovered from the hike, AND you had already warned them that you might not show up. You have great mental stamina. The owl sounds so cool. I once had a family of owls stay in the trees in front of my house all day - a mom and three babies. It was so fun to watch their antics. There was the one baby that wouldn't let the others sleep. At dusk, mom started teaching them how to fly.

@rheddmobile Probably a good idea to let the dust win. I ran this morning and it was very humid here. Also hazy, but I couldn't real tell that the air quality was poor. I guess I should look and see. Funny about the trail sign. Sorry another human found your secret woods. Love the medal.

• quilteryoyo
    I decided to not go with my plan today, since I haven't run much the last couple of weeks. Instead of doing 8 miles, I went out with the intent of doing at least 3 miles and see how I felt and go from there. I felt okay after 3, so decided to do 4, then, since I was going really slow and it wouldn't be too much longer, just decided to go for an hour and see where I was. Wound up running a little over and hour to get in 4.5 miles. Also walked 1.5 miles.

It was fairly hot and humid - 73°F and 88% humidity. I am trying to watch my HR and keep it in the easy zones. I do okay for the first mile or two, but then it keeps creeping up, even when I slow down. The last full mile was my slowest, but the avg HR was the highest. Matt Fitzgerald likes to use the zones because he says that most people who go by "feel" run too fast. Maybe, since the first couple of miles are good I could just try to keep that pace and not worry about the HR. What do you think?

exercise.png
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    @Teresa502 I love your shoes 🤗I also run in Brooks Ghost 12. One of the few shoes that come in extra wide. Unfortunately my number sold out, so I may need to switch to the Adrenaline GTS 20. Plus I'm hoping that the Adrenaline will help with my ankle problems.
  • quilteryoyo
    I did not know about all of the injuries to runners this week @skippygirlsmom . So sad. I hope your friend, Josh, heals quickly.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    @skippygirlsmom wishing your friend Josh the best, that’s horrifying that they didn’t stop! I hadn’t heard about the hots runner, the LAHOTS started in West Memphis and ran across the Harahan Bridge which is one of my favorite places to run. Just awful news to hear about so many serious accidents, everyone stay safe out there!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    @skippygirlsmom dang what a run. :( I had not heard about any of that. :(
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    @skippygirlsmom Wow, a lot of vehicle-runner (athlete) collisions. All sad to hear, but so many in such a short period of time is rough.
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,707 Member
    ABabilonia wrote: »

exercise.png

06/01-06/26: 60.9
    06/27: 4.6

I haven't run the last three days because I have been having some minor ankle problems plus my only pair of running shoes got wet when I ran in the rain three days ago. I am hoping that I can reach 80 miles this month. Have a nice weekend everyone.

I’m not encouraging you to run on your injured ankle, but do you know the trick of stuffing your wet shoes with newspaper? They really absorb the moisture and help them dry quickly.