WEIGHT NO MORE Team Chat - June 2020

1252627282931»

Replies

• 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 944 Member
    edited June 2020
    MFP Issues

Hey everyone,

We all seem to be having different issues, which is challenging. Here's what I've learned as a user in the past.

Please share any tips you have as I'm no expert.

Fitbit sync issue
    Here's what I found on Twitter at https://twitter.com/mfp_ops.
    "Our team performed scheduled maintenance the evening of June 25th, on one of our databases that affects step tracking. This maintenance is to aid in fixing the issues described here and will last through the weekend and into next week. During this time, members may experience an interruption in the syncing of tracked steps from your partner app, or between our site & our apps. This will affect the tracking of steps from all of our step partners, most significantly impacting Fitbit."

My solution
    • Get my distance for the day on Fitbit
    • Calculate how long it would take to walk that far at a moderate pace in minutes. I used this tool and entered zeros for climbing and descent to keep it simple. http://www.wildwalks.com/bushcraft/technical-stuff/naismiths-rule.html
    • Enter a cardio exercise on MFP with the same pace that I used in the calculator.
    • For me it was 5,370 steps = 3.66 km distance @ 12.5 km/hr mod pace = 60 min.

Various other issues
    The other glitches seem to be different for each of us. Some people can't get on the homepage, others the community, someone I know outside the group can't find her saved meals and recipes. It seems to be related to when they have done maintenance on the site.

My suggestion from personal experience it to try things that don't work on desktop on mobile and vice versa. You can also try to turn your phone/device off and on, or similarly uninstall and reinstall your app, which doesn't take long and doesn't clear your data, you just have to log back in. On desktop, you can try logging out and back in.

Hope this helps.
  • podperson1
    podperson1 Posts: 207 Member
    Hi all,

I'm also having issues with the site - haven't been able to get on my homepage/wall in over a week and very hit and miss what else I can get to work. Stupid updates - why must they always try and fix things that ain't broke? :D

Anyway, been an up and down few days, counselling was pretty good. The woman was really nice and she very quickly picked on some of my 'bad habits' lol. It was quite strange to talk so much about myself and my problems (I'm usually agony aunt to everyone else!) but hopefully it will end up helping in the long run. We're going to have a session weekly for a month and then reassess where we are and how it's going.

Food WAS going well but was stressed yesterday after my session and over the course of the afternoon/evening ended up having pizza, pakoras, alcohol, cake - pretty much everything I've been avoiding lately! *sighs* I'm up 1.5lbs from yesterday so going to be very strict today and have plenty of water in the hopes it will go back down again by weigh in day. I do think I've progressed somewhat in that I don't see it as a 'write off the whole week' event now. I just need to adjust and move on.

Will pop over to the new thread to do an intro shortly - how can it be the end of the month already!!??
  • Mrsbell8well
    Mrsbell8well Posts: 1,647 Member
  • Ademann1
    Ademann1 Posts: 47 Member
    Username: ademann1
    PW: 188?
    CW: 183!! Yay!
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,191 Member
    PW 126
    CW 126
    Stayed the same 🙄

Steps
    Sun 11,393
    Mon 11,644
    Tue14, 164
    Wed 16,351
    Th 12,380
    Fr 12,165
    Sat 4,326
    Total 82,423
  • JillyBT
    JillyBT Posts: 153 Member
    I know I have been MIA.... My parents have sucked up ALL of my time again this week! The move from home care through an agency to private care has been a struggle but I think it will be worth it in the next week or so. Surprising its not my parents that are the issue with the change. It has been letting go of the agency and two of those employees trying to get money from my parents. Someone stole my dad's keys and I had to rekey the house. It sickens me how people try to take advantage of people who are vulnerable! Add a few other issues and my week was shot. I am so tired physically, emotionally and of being overweight. I got to really focus on July.

Super late but it is still Saturday June 27th here in Los Angeles, California, so I just made it in?

Week 4 weigh in
    Mondy
    PW:160
    CW:159

Steps:
    Sun: 14,916
    Mon: 9,640
    Tues:7,130
    Wed: 8,823
    Thur: 6,091
    Fri: 11,696
    Sat: 8,746

Total: 67,042
  • Freeglerock
    Freeglerock Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited June 2020
    @timibotkin I am exactly the same with oats - hate the texture and makes me want to gag. However, I do really enjoy baked oats - and I recall the recipe been zero points on WW. I use a Pinch of Nom blueberry and lemon baked oats recipe and it is sweet and cake like! And you garden is looking amazing!
  • GingerPwr
    GingerPwr Posts: 1,971 Member
    @Zumba_Luvah Great loss! Can't wait to celebrate the 150s with you in a few weeks! You'll get there, I know it!

@timibotkin Awesome loss! Nice job avoiding the cookie, too. Maybe consider fruit or honey to satisfy your sweet cravings? Oh, love the garden pics, too.

@KristieJC Welcome to our family! Glad to get your friend request. You're going to love this group.

@Mrsbell8well Oh no! So sorry for the loss of that delicious looking cake AND the beautiful dish! On the up side, your picnic looked great, and your haircut is so cute. You're such a lovely person inside and out.

@Ademann1 Nice loss!

@JillyBT Ugh. That sounds so frustrating dealing with your parents' care agency. I hope once they're better settled you'll get some well-deserved de-stress time.

So in the July thread, I posted fitness goals for the month. One was to run an unbroken 1.5 miles (run the whole distance without a walk recovery. I'm typically an interval runner.) Well, yesterday I went out early just to see how far I could go without stopping so I could see what July's training would need to be. I ran 1.5 miles. Soooooo..... that goal is going to have to change.

But it's also a good lesson for me that I am still underestimating my own abilities. So here's our end of June / Start of July reminder:
    pillz5ellhq9.jpg
This discussion has been closed.