Does the fitbit calorie adjustment take into account my "weights" exercise?

Options
Should I be logging the number of calories I burned from my "weights" session, or will they be included in my automatic Fitbit adjustment calories?

Thank you.

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Your Fitbit is trying to account for the entirity of your day's activity and exercise.
    If you logged your workout here it would be double counting.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    If you wore your Fitbit during your weights session; then it has estimated your calorie burn for that (along with the rest of the day) and the calories for that workout are included in the Fitbit adjustment.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Your Fitbit is trying to account for the entirity of your day's activity and exercise.
    If you logged your workout here it would be double counting.

Logging a workout on mfp won’t double count - but it’s unnecessary and can muck things up. If you log the workout on mfp, that will replace what Fitbit has recorded for that time.

And if for some reason it didn’t, those calories would be included in your expected burn from mfp - so when calculating the adjustment, it Wouldn’t then add them again.

Fitbit TDEE estimate: 2500
    Workout:500
    Mfp NEAT: 1500

If no workout logged on mfp, the Fitbit adjustment would be 2500-1500=1000 exercise calories total.

If the workout is logged on mfp (and Fitbit), the Fitbit adjustment would be 2500-2000 (MFP’s expected burn - which now includes the workout) =500. Plus the 500 for the workout. So again-1000 total exercise calories.

It doesn’t double count but logging it on mfp just to overwrite what’s on Fitbit with the same thing is an invitation for a technical error.

And then there’s the collection of people logging things for 1 minute and/or 1 calorie (which would mess things up considerably). That’s not being referenced here but that’s the surest way to get it wrong.