Inspo for people that lost and gained again -post here-

Options

Replies

• Han_Han
    Han_Han Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hey :) Tag! I'm in this boat too. I lost over 140lbs/60kg in 2017-2018 using this app. I was maintaining my weight just fine until lockdown as I couldn't access my regular food/gym and got way off track and have since gained back 24lbs/10kg since March. I've been back for a couple weeks. Anyone wanting new MFP friends please add me. I log daily and love a chat :)
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Nearly back into normal bmi, whihc for me is 81kg. I was there on Friday/Saturday but my weight was back up a bit this morning. It's good to be getting there (again) and then I am aiming for the 73 - 75 kg range. What I then need to get my head round is how to convince my psyche that 78kg is my "you need to do something" trigger and not 88kg...
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    weight went up 8 lbs, got it off and dont want it back. Made up my mind to have some junk food last day of the month only, we will see how this goes. Otherwise I am eating clean.
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    @brenn24179 I know you do low carbs so here is a recipe https://www.fineformcoaching.com/post/spaghetti-squash
  • charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    It is a lifetime commitment, I guess...
  • judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I could blame lots of things, but basically it's just that I love food. I'm 63 YO, 5'3" and back up to 147 lbs. I've gained and lost a whole person in my lifetime, maybe twice. I've been as high as 165 and as low as 108 (over many years). My "best weight" is 125- less than that and people ask if I'm sick. Right now I'm blaming quarantine, because as of last Feb I was hovering around 130ish. Then I started baking; it kept me busy and sane, but my pants don't fit. Every time I stop logging food I end up gaining again. SO. Yesterday was the first day, today I'll keep it going. Tomorrow too. I'm choosing health, it's time... thanks so much for being here!!!
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm just posting again since 2017.

I've struggled with weight my whole life. Went on my first diet at 8. Did Nutri-system with my mom at 18, lost 60 lbs. - gained all that back. Did opti-fast in my early 20s lost about 75 lbs - gained all that back. Trained for and did a marathon at 30 was in the best shape of my life - my only regret was not owning a scale. Whatever I lost - I gained all that back. At 40 I lost 100 lbs doing shakes - gained all that back. In my late 40s I lost 70 lbs, "the right way", slow and steady - gained all that back and another 30 to boot. So here I am at almost 52 at it again, a week removed from my highest weight ever. I don't know what to say - I've tried it every way there is, it's hard to find hope and motivation that this will be the time it "takes" but I know the alternative is worse. I can't keep going up, daily chores are getting harder and harder and the older I get the more difficult they will be. Here's to being 125 lbs lighter...

Maybe it's not the method that's the problem, but the mindset behind it. Wish you all the best. I struggle immensely if my brain isn't in the right place. My best weight loss plan is regular therapy, lol. I still struggle with negative self-talk and self-esteem, but the better it gets, the better I seem to do at overcoming issues before I self-sabotage too much.
  • Untilproud11
    Untilproud11 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    Options
    It was 37 years ago when I started my very first diet. I was around thirteen, healthy, but I got a pair of shorts that got too small. The reason was that I started to develop into a woman, instead of staying with the frame of a small tomboy. Sometimes, I wish that someone could have pointed this out to me to save me a lifetime of yo-yoing. But I probably wouldn't have believed it. The only thing I wanted was to stay in my superduper pair of jeans-shorts.

I started to drink lots of water, which I hated. I ate lots of celery, which I hated and resolved to stay off chocolate for the rest of my life. Furthermore I bought an exercise LP (yes, that really existed back then :-) and I was determined to do that exercise class every day. My mother looked at me with an inquisitive eye, she knew something was brewing, but she had no idea what was happening in my teenage mind, that little seed of insecurity that had been planted.

So, that was my plan. I had almost no notion of calories (no internet back then); a plateau was a type of shoe and a carb was to be found in my fathers' car engine. The only information I could get was from a French woman's magazine. Needless to say I was doomed to fail. If I can remember well, after 4 days of celery, I started with a 100gr bar of chocolate with hazelnuts - and that candy never tasted as gooooood as that day !

That was my start of a lifelong yoyo. Back then, I was probably around 60kg (130lbs). My all time high was 92kg (203lbs) after meeting hubby who likes to eat as much as I do. A few years ago I was 65 (143lbs), but that was due to illness. Since then, the weight started to creep up again, and then I would set myself to it and lose it again. If I should guess how many kilos I've lost during my life, I would say 200kg (440lbs), and then gained as much.

Last year, I was at my target weight of 69kg (152lbs), then I hovered a long time around 71kg (156lbs) and today I'm around 73kg (160), mainly due to a very sedentary lifestyle during Covid lockdown. My goal this year is to get and STAY at 71kg, as I have a very difficult time to stay under the 70 mark. I feel I have to restrain too much and that sends me into a binge every time again.

Long story short: in 30-ish years, I've managed to reduce the range of my yoyo kilo's from 30 to 5, which I'll take as a win!
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Good luck to you all !!
    Bump !
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Bump
  • Untilproud11
    Options
    Bump
  • drollings2019
    drollings2019 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I was always tiny all through high school until college when I had my first, then second child. The weight kept coming on after that. In 2015, I was somewhere around 200 pounds. I know I quit looking at the scale then. I hated the way I looked but didn't feel motivated to do anything about it. One day, my (now ex) husband left a search on the computer that was "how to convince your wife to lose weight". That was a changing point for me. I went from 200 pounds down to almost 145. While I felt good, I did it for the wrong reasons. I was working my butt off (literally) while watching him eat ice cream and junk food. It was hard and really never seemed to be enough. I would get reminded all the time about how I used to look in high school. After 3 kids, I knew I probably wouldn't look like that again, so I gave up trying. The weight gradually went back on. I was around 165 when we got divorced. Now, I am married to a man that doesn't care about the weight I am or what I looked in high school (he didn't know me then, and would have been in 6th grade when I was graduating :D ). He loves to cook and makes such delicious food! Since we have been together, I have been creeping back up to the 200 mark. While he doesn't care what I look like (when I ask him how he can even look at me, he sends me heart eyes), I care about how I feel. And it is not real great right now. I've struggled staying motivated because of our busy schedules (and let's face it, his delicious food), but this time I want to do it for myself. Because I want to look better, feel better and live a healthier life. Together we have 5 kids that keep us very busy with sports and other activities, so I am always looking for ways to make time for myself and still be available for them. It takes planning and motivation, but I can be done! Long term, I would like to be back around the 145/150 mark. But for now, I have a goal of 30 pounds by May. My son graduates in May and I just want to feel better about myself then.