Women 200lb+, Let's Shoot for the Moon this June!!!

Options

Replies

• xenapoland
    xenapoland Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey, everyone! This seems like a great community. I'm 42, 5'8", currently at 209, goal weight 164. I put an actual picture in my profile because, like, it's a normal picture of me, I look like myself, but you can tell from the picture I could stand to lose some weight.

I've never been thin, I've always had a BMI of 25, so I've never thought of myself as someone who "can eat anything she wants and not gain weight." But looking back I realize that when I was, say, 30 I could eat a couple of pints of ice cream a WEEK and stay at a size 12. If I needed to fit into some of my smaller clothes, like an interview suit or one of my mother's college dresses or something, I just laid off the sweets for a month or so. Well, I'm 43 in July and let me tell you, those days are gone. :D So younger people on this thread--monitor your food intake but ENJOY the occasional treat while you still can!

Special treat: I am on Zyprexa/olanzapine and gained 40 lbs. in less than 6 months a couple of years ago. If you're on a psych Rx or any other annoying medication, feel free to friend or message me.

I'm 30 and seriously I WISH I could eat couple of pints of ice cream a week and not be affected :p
    I'm endo/mezo type (leaning more towards endomorph unfortunately), so although with right regiment I can build up that muscle easier than some women, the fat stores are unforgiving when it comes to straying :p unless I sweat it off- treats will find my fat stores 😆
  • micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Tazaria87 wrote: »
    Height: 5'9"
    Starting Weight on 4/16: 270

Here's what my weigh-ins look like this month so far (I weigh in on Saturdays)
    -6/6 245.0
    -6/13 243.4
    -6/20 239.8

My goals for June
    -Log food every day and stay under 1650 calories Check here! I was really snacky a couple of days this week but I managed to fit everything into my plan and stayed under calorie goal
    -Drink 128oz of water per day Check!
    -Stick to workout schedule
    -Day 1 Chest/Shoulder, 30min treadmill check
    -Day 2 Legs/Abs, 30mins treadmill check
    -Day 3 Arms/Back, 30mins treadmill check
    -Day 4 Rest day check

I know working out on a 4 day schedule may seem a bit odd because I'm doing different workouts on different days every week but it's been working really well for me so far so I'm gonna stick with it.
    Last week I posted about having problems with motivation. I went out into this community and found people to add as friends on here and it's definitely been helping! I made my diary visible to friends and just the thought of everyone being able to see my food and workout choices every day has been ramping up my motivation again!

I'm super excited about losing almost 4 pounds this week! I wasn't expecting to see a new set of "10's" for a week or 2. I have a feeling though it means I won't see much for weight loss the next week so we shall see! I want to take my measurements again next week so I will post those results too.

Have a great day everyone!

P.S. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend on here!

Wow! You are doing so incredibly well! Inspired!! Rock in!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @wholebygrace I missed that you completed C25K. Congratulations.
    @FoolishJoy great job turning down food you didn’t need. Check out the links between long term use of Benadryl and Alzheimer’s disease or dementia. http://www.center4research.org/benadryl-common-medications-linked-dementia-men-women/ If you are taking it with a Drs care their knowledge trumps mine though. It is worse for us older people to use it to sleep long term.
    @finngirl61 I have really struggled with exercise but this week is going better.
    @Mithridites Congratulations reaching Onderland! Sorry about going through a divorce especially now during a Pandemic. Sorry about your foot.
    @AlexandraFindsHerself That is great the Y is so close. Our County just got okayed for Phase 2 in our States reopening plan but the Y is not opened yet. Since cases are going up a bit maybe that is just as well. Our State is doing better than most now after being the worst at the start. A lot of the increase in cases has to do with a big increase in testing here. I do not mean that they wouldn’t have been there but we wouldn’t have known about them without the testing.
    @planktonbye I can relate to your comment to FoolishJoy’s post.
    @speyerj Thanks for the explanation that I think you have posted before about this but I needed it now that I am upping exercise and strength training and keeping a deficit. I haven’t lost any new pounds this month yet but keep getting close.. I am trying to keep up the water. Yay! It is nice to see your progress on the scale and getting back to running. I think it is a wise idea to maintain for a while whether you decide to go lower or not of course the clothes are a good reason but also when you decide to lose more it will help too. Glad you are feeling better. Take care.
    @Tarzaria87 so you are doing usually 6 days of exercise a week and once in a while 5 right? Not that it matters. It is what works for you. I am trying to establish a good schedule for myself and am just interested in what others are doing. Great progress!
    @changeforeverlj love the walk! I walked with friends yesterday too for the 1st time since the start of the Pandemic!

I had a great time last night having a physical distancing dinner at a park with old friends. We will do this again in a few weeks. We also took a walk after sitting and talking a long time. I expected a short walk but this was quite long for me. I had already done some strength training with warm up cardio so it was nice to add it all together. I will do some cleaning today but not planning exercise. I have nailed that goal for the last 2 weeks. I am looking forward to next week and finding some walks to do now that I have confidence if I stick to flat trails/sidewalks. I would love to get a bike but don't want to spend money until I get called back to work and know I am not going to be laid off. I am finding ways to exercise so even if it might be nice it isn't necessary. I ordered my husbands father's day dinner and will go get what I need for brunch tomorrow today. So really I will be shopping and cleaning today.
  • Tazaria87
    Tazaria87 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    KeriA wrote: »
    @Tarzaria87 so you are doing usually 6 days of exercise a week and once in a while 5 right? Not that it matters. It is what works for you. I am trying to establish a good schedule for myself and am just interested in what others are doing. Great progress!

Yep that's exactly how it works out! Before I switched to this kind of schedule I was doing 6 days in a row and then taking a rest day because I was trying to make it so certain days of the week were certain exercises. I started getting a pain in my shoulder and was also getting really run down. I didn't want to change my lifts because I like how I have it so I changed the schedule instead. I figure it's better to have a weird varied schedule than it is to risk injury/burnout!
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @KeriA
    That's so weird: I was just wondering this morning if my new level of exercise could help my insomnia and if I needed to take all of that medication anymore. I'll try dropping the Benadryl.
  • FoolishJoy
    FoolishJoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    pamiede wrote: »
    Happy Saturday❣️ Today is my weigh-in day but it’s a sisters’ weekend so I weighed on yesterday... just didn’t post.

Height: 5’4”
    SW: 4/2019 307
    6/6 189.4
    6/10 189.4 (-0)
    6/13 188.8 (-0.6)
    6/19 188.0 (-0.8)
    June GW: 185 (3 lbs to go 🤞🏽)
    UGW: 160 (28 lbs to go 🤞🏽)

✅Going to continue with hydration, diet, and exercise!

My sister gave me a cute skirt! Played model for a second 😊.

@Mithridites: Welcome to Onederland❣️ 3xebskjbuzv6.jpeg

That skirt is adorbs!!
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    Options

Special treat: I am on Zyprexa/olanzapine and gained 40 lbs. in less than 6 months a couple of years ago. If you're on a psych Rx or any other annoying medication, feel free to friend or message me.

I'm on Adderall, and everyone thinks that would help with weight loss. Eh, kinda, kinda not. It suppresses my feelings of hunger until I'm angry for no reason at my partners or having a weeping fit, and I don't know why. Then I get a migraine. So that's not very helpful. And it means when I do eat I have to bolt my food fast because if I slow down and enjoy it, I won't eat enough to get me through to the next meal. But it does give me my brain back, so it's worth it. Also Valium as a rescue med/for when I have dental work done.

Boyfriend's on risperidone and Effexor and disulfiram, and Girlfriend's on Abilify and lamictol. We have a sign up in our house that says "Just relax....we're all crazy...it's okay."
  • planktonbye
    planktonbye Posts: 58 Member
    Options

I'm on Adderall, and everyone thinks that would help with weight loss. Eh, kinda, kinda not. It suppresses my feelings of hunger until I'm angry for no reason at my partners or having a weeping fit, and I don't know why. Then I get a migraine. So that's not very helpful. And it means when I do eat I have to bolt my food fast because if I slow down and enjoy it, I won't eat enough to get me through to the next meal. But it does give me my brain back, so it's worth it. Also Valium as a rescue med/for when I have dental work done.

Boyfriend's on risperidone and Effexor and disulfiram, and Girlfriend's on Abilify and lamictol. We have a sign up in our house that says "Just relax....we're all crazy...it's okay."

Interesting. I am also on metformin to help counteract the diabetogenic effects of Zyprexa. And I think it does suppress some of my appetite, but not all of it, LOL. My boyfriend is on the full slate of diabetic Rx and has basically no appetite. He eats like once a day and is a healthy weight. If only!!!
  • planktonbye
    planktonbye Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Use the hotel pool, and walk the corridors

Hotel pools are the bomb!

• micwrites
    micwrites Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    pamiede wrote: »
    Happy Saturday❣️ Today is my weigh-in day but it’s a sisters’ weekend so I weighed on yesterday... just didn’t post.

Height: 5’4”
    SW: 4/2019 307
    6/6 189.4
    6/10 189.4 (-0)
    6/13 188.8 (-0.6)
    6/19 188.0 (-0.8)
    June GW: 185 (3 lbs to go 🤞🏽)
    UGW: 160 (28 lbs to go 🤞🏽)

✅Going to continue with hydration, diet, and exercise!

My sister gave me a cute skirt! Played model for a second 😊.

@Mithridites: Welcome to Onederland❣️ 3xebskjbuzv6.jpeg

Love the skirt! The belt, too! You look fab!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,270 Member
    Options
    @pamiede That is such a cute skirt!