• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    B)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,055 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Machka: I’m thinking about all that rain and your lovely beach. I hope you’re nice and dry, safely above the high tide zone. :star:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

We haven't been down to the beach since the rain started but I've heard waves crashing for 2 days now. There's a decent swell out there and the high winds have probably been helping it along.

And all the rivers around are in flood ... probably pouring into the bay.

If it clears at all tomorrow, I hope to walk down there.

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,443 Member
    edited June 2020
    Love it!

One thing on my list for when I've got time is to work on my piano. I got to Grade 3 in the Royal Conservatory of Music ... which isn't a lot ... and got too busy and lost interest. But eventually I'd like to pick it up again. My mother played the piano.

But this is brilliant. :) I watched it twice!

Evolution of Piano (Scott Bradlee with Tony DeSare)

https://youtu.be/8kUXqVyCnj4

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,595 Member
    Had a great Zoom, although one of our number was missing. She probably just forgot as it was a different day to usual.
    I was delighted that I was able to share the screen. I am using my Android tablet and there seemed to be no option for sharing the screen, it just changed from one person to another when someone spoke. So, I googled a question and found out that you have to swipe left for a shared screen. ;) How was I supposed to know that? Anyway, it worked and I could see them all.

Salmon and asparagus tonight. Royal Jersey potatoes for DH.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,595 Member
    Hi!!!!!!!!!!! VICKI!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
    Wow, it sounds like you've been super busy. No wonder you're tired!
    I don't think you are the only one who has been lockdown eating. :o
    Keep dropping in. Are you still getting out on the motorbike?

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,189 Member
    RVRita here still. Catch up later
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Snowflake,

DH doesn’t like the plant either. I don’t feel all that well supported. I could not find the right cultivar after the flooding & did the best I could. The rest of the hedge is boxwood. We looked and couldn’t find any at the time so we put in a different evergreen shrub.

If the homeowners association decides to make a change for all the water damaged hedges I’ll likely go along with it.

We have a know it all bully in our community.

Katla
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,138 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BB&B, invest 10 mins tidying Office.
    Bonus: down onto the mat for mat work for the first time in a very long time, maybe even in 2020!
    Get to do: Tumble to groomer; line dance class, call Pacific Vision for appointment; massage, BiMart for rx, invest 10 mins cleaning Living Room, carry over 10 mins cleaning Master Bath, Bedrooms, call PC guy about mic/speaker, practice new dances (Evergreen, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita, Dance Monkey; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant pineapples, bean, melons, cukes; make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Wednesday to Coos Bay for service, WalMart, Natural Grocers and Farmers’ market; Thursday 10 am Chiro & make up BB&B, Friday 9am stove repair guy to adjust kitchen flame and assess Aunt Elsie’s stove; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine,
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.

First Zooming BB&B class. This instructor’s protocol is not as strenuous as Coach Ken’s, but the circuits do raise a sweat and she’s constantly smiling and gently encouraging. Proud of myself for getting back to it.

Debby in VA, thanks! Guess my iPhone is too old, Silver linings ;) Only apps in Settings/Privacy/Health are 2 apps I’ve installed related to my HRM.
    Machka “random scrap of paper” :laugh:
    Pip P00p police, really??? I thought they might want to be sure dog has no pit bull genes. Sadly some places have that prohibition.
    Debbie in Napa ((hugs)) I can hear your exhaustion and pain. (((hugs held extra long)))
    Carol send that spirit over here, please!
    Rita great pics of wide open view. Looking forward to pics of the Mommy and Me winter headbands.
    Heather ;) Sometimes think I was a man in a prior life, but don’t tell Joe! Likewise missing NYKaren.
    Katla thanks for the how-to-recycle bubble wrap reminder. Have lots of packing material clogging up closets and under beds. Hope our Village Mail shop will take it.
    Allie Your text was perfect :heart: So glad Jean has taken first step.
    Karen in VA Ditto what you said to Allie.
    @Vickil57 Great to see you popping in! You’ve been missed.
    Lisa great glider, very well done.
    Ginny likewise here, always use credit card for purchases instead of debit card, due the protections. No longer carry a register, but maintain two spreadsheets, one for the checking account (so I can check against what the bank says daily) and one for all payout (for budgeting and tax purposes.)
    Also missing Kylia and thinking of her family.

Chetco effect brought 80+F today, all windows and doors open. Yep there's another bug to catch and release. Asked Joe to please hang up the magnetic screen. He's reluctant, he gets tangled up in it (he's such a boy), but I whined "puhleeeeze" and he agreed. We'll see. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: better than May.
    daily: steps=2944 vits=21 log=22 CI<CO=19 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble & Shadow 5=6 mfp=22 clean 10 mins=9 outside=9 up hill=10
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=7 rx=3 dance=4
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=11 play=0 sew=1
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BB&B, invest 10 mins tidying Office.
    Bonus: down onto the mat for mat work for the first time in a very long time, maybe even in 2020!
    Get to do: Tumble to groomer; line dance class, call Pacific Vision for appointment; massage, BiMart for rx, invest 10 mins cleaning Living Room, carry over 10 mins cleaning Master Bath, Bedrooms, call PC guy about mic/speaker, practice new dances (Evergreen, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita, Dance Monkey; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant pineapples, bean, melons, cukes; make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Wednesday to Coos Bay for service, WalMart, Natural Grocers and Farmers’ market; Thursday 10 am Chiro & make up BB&B, Friday 9am stove repair guy to adjust kitchen flame and assess Aunt Elsie’s stove; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine,
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.

First Zooming BB&B class. This instructor’s protocol is not as strenuous as Coach Ken’s, but the circuits do raise a sweat and she’s constantly smiling and gently encouraging. Proud of myself for getting back to it.

Debby in VA, thanks! Guess my iPhone is too old, Silver linings ;) Only apps in Settings/Privacy/Health are 2 apps I’ve installed related to my HRM.
    Machka “random scrap of paper” :laugh:
    Pip P00p police, really??? I thought they might want to be sure dog has no pit bull genes. Sadly some places have that prohibition.
    Debbie in Napa ((hugs)) I can hear your exhaustion and pain. (((hugs held extra long)))
    Carol send that spirit over here, please!
    Rita great pics of wide open view. Looking forward to pics of the Mommy and Me winter headbands.
    Heather ;) Sometimes think I was a man in a prior life, but don’t tell Joe! Likewise missing NYKaren.
    Katla thanks for the how-to-recycle bubble wrap reminder. Have lots of packing material clogging up closets and under beds. Hope our Village Mail shop will take it.
    Allie Your text was perfect :heart: So glad Jean has taken first step.
    Karen in VA Ditto what you said to Allie.
    @Vickil57 Great to see you popping in! You’ve been missed.
    Lisa great glider, very well done.
    Ginny likewise here, always use credit card for purchases instead of debit card, due the protections. No longer carry a register, but maintain two spreadsheets, one for the checking account (so I can check against what the bank says daily) and one for all payout (for budgeting and tax purposes.)
    Also missing Kylia and thinking of her family.

Chetco effect brought 80+F today, all windows and doors open. Yep there's another bug to catch and release. Asked Joe to please hang up the magnetic screen. He's reluctant, he gets tangled up in it (he's such a boy), but I whined "puhleeeeze" and he agreed. We'll see. ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: better than May.
    daily: steps=2944 vits=21 log=22 CI<CO=19 CI<250<CO=12 Tumble & Shadow 5=6 mfp=22 clean 10 mins=9 outside=9 up hill=10
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=7 rx=3 dance=4
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=11 play=0 sew=1

I know right? that's what I initially thought too. making sure the dog had no Pittie genes. then I figured out why. we pick up our dogs poop no matter where we are

THANK YOU
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Dog Poop DNA! That's some serious dog-poop-policing going on in that neighborhood.

Hmmmmm…wonder how the HOA handles runner's diarrhea…

>:)>:)>:)

Karen in Virginia just thinkin' about that...
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,202 Member
    :heart: