WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2020

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Afternoon ladies..
    Im relaxing with Alfie and just might take a nap... more celebration tonight...and tomorrow is actually my birthday lol
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Gold Beach, Freddie’s, doubled up on CLO.
    Bonus: H20 to soup kitchen
    Get to do: BB&B, invest 18 mins cleaning Master Bath, carry over cleaning mins: 20 Bedrooms, 4 Dining Room, 8 Guest Bath, 10 Office; call PC guy about mic/speaker, check Post Office Box, Ace Hardware for OsPho and stove paint, practice new dances (Evergreen, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita, Dance Monkey; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant pineapples, bean, melons, cukes; make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, Sunday call Diane, Monday call Dr’s billing office again about statement (couldn’t ring through Friday).
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.
    Breezy, WINDY the past two days. V. thankful no trees down and power stayed on.

Pip :cry: for the lamp. $480! Wow, I’ll use that as motivation to get cleaning.
    Heather “I thought they were just crazy masochists.” Me too. That’s why it is so important to me to change the “E-word” to “activity” and find ones that I enjoy.
    Debbie “Cazadero”??? I lived the summer of ’72 with a bunch of hippies in a cabin on E. Austin Creek Road. Great memories but at the end I decided to pull up my big girl panties, go back to the city and get a job. ;) So glad your folks’ home escaped the fires. Fingers Xd for this season and going forward.
    Katla :loved: Myth Busters, you can still find them on the internet. Joe made some “duct tape” masks, not all tape, just to reinforce the holes he made in the Melitta filter through which to thread the rubber bands. Worked like a charm! Sending calm vibes for your safe travel and easy procedure.
    Rita if no bone meds needed yet hooray! You can prevent (or even improve if you’re lucky) with Better Bones and Balance weight bearing exercises. PM me if you want links to videos. :love: the pics, you have the gift.
    Rebecca your collages make me smile!
    Lisa Brilliant yellow hibiscus, gorgeous red, and I can almost smell the magnolia from here. Thanks!
    Carol Rose of Sharon is one of my faves.
    @AgnesFerniot con VERY gratulations on the 2.5# Well done!

Whoops, time to prep for BB&B, better than Katla’s prep ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: better than May.
    daily: steps=3823 vits=27.5 log=28 CI<CO=23 CI<250<CO=15 Tumble & Shadow 5=7 mfp=28 clean 10 mins=10 outside=12 up hill=10
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=7 rx=4 dance=6
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=15 play=0 sew=1
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,905 Member
    Options
    :) For my one and only colonoscopy in 2010 I prepped with apple juice and chicken broth and logged every ounce in my food diary. Low calorie but off the charts for sugar and sodium. The doctor told me I didn't need another one for ten years. This year my doctor and I agreed on Cologuard and it came out clean. I am one of the lucky ones.

:) It's gonna be a warm day so I'm headed out now to work in the yard while it is still cool.

:) We had hibiscus in our yard in Puerto Rico and Miami. No chance for them this far north. They are beautiful.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    That photo made me decide to call someone to pressure wash the porch. :o It sure does need it along with new screens and a new door. At one point we had a pressure washer but son ended up with it.

Carol in GA
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,940 Member
    edited June 2020
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: Gold Beach, Freddie’s, doubled up on CLO.
    Bonus: H20 to soup kitchen
    Get to do: BB&B, invest 18 mins cleaning Master Bath, carry over cleaning mins: 20 Bedrooms, 4 Dining Room, 8 Guest Bath, 10 Office; call PC guy about mic/speaker, check Post Office Box, Ace Hardware for OsPho and stove paint, practice new dances (Evergreen, Larger than Life, Here I Go Again/Mama Mia, Real Deal, Get it Right, Quarter after one, Half Past Tipsy, Senorita, Dance Monkey; next week final? Follow up call for Joe’s Dr. appointment, transplant pineapples, bean, melons, cukes; make garlic almonds for Barb and Dan; prep raised bed for carrots, parsley root, parsnips, radishes; finish weeding drive, continue weeding flower bed, mulch flowerbed; Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, Sunday call Diane, Monday call Dr’s billing office again about statement (couldn’t ring through Friday).
    Reward: inventory seeds, plan fall cool season garden, order replenishments.
    Breezy, WINDY the past two days. V. thankful no trees down and power stayed on.

Pip :cry: for the lamp. $480! Wow, I’ll use that as motivation to get cleaning.
    Heather “I thought they were just crazy masochists.” Me too. That’s why it is so important to me to change the “E-word” to “activity” and find ones that I enjoy.
    Debbie “Cazadero”??? I lived the summer of ’72 with a bunch of hippies in a cabin on E. Austin Creek Road. Great memories but at the end I decided to pull up my big girl panties, go back to the city and get a job. ;) So glad your folks’ home escaped the fires. Fingers Xd for this season and going forward.
    Katla :loved: Myth Busters, you can still find them on the internet. Joe made some “duct tape” masks, not all tape, just to reinforce the holes he made in the Melitta filter through which to thread the rubber bands. Worked like a charm! Sending calm vibes for your safe travel and easy procedure.
    Rita if no bone meds needed yet hooray! You can prevent (or even improve if you’re lucky) with Better Bones and Balance weight bearing exercises. PM me if you want links to videos. :love: the pics, you have the gift.
    Rebecca your collages make me smile!
    Lisa Brilliant yellow hibiscus, gorgeous red, and I can almost smell the magnolia from here. Thanks!
    Carol Rose of Sharon is one of my faves.
    @AgnesFerniot con VERY gratulations on the 2.5# Well done!

Whoops, time to prep for BB&B, better than Katla’s prep ;)

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: better than May.
    daily: steps=3823 vits=27.5 log=28 CI<CO=23 CI<250<CO=15 Tumble & Shadow 5=7 mfp=28 clean 10 mins=10 outside=12 up hill=10
    wkly: T’ai Chi or BB&B x3=7 rx=4 dance=6
    mnthly: board mtg=1 grant=1 review 20for20=
    bonus: AF=15 play=0 sew=1

I love Cazadero- As a kid we would go there for church camp every summer. I got to know hubby #1 there so lots of special memories ;) I hadn't been up there since then until last April I went with some ladies for a weekend then we went in Oct. to clean/close up camp for the winter- a free weekend in exchange for a little cleaning. Well, it was supposed to be just two days but then the fires started. I will go up again in Oct. if they have it a weekend I can get away.(as long as it isn't the weekend of our class reunion which is 10-10). It is so much fun to go up, stay in the same cabins that I did 40+yrs ago- they have changed some but still pretty much the same.
    fyl6yxayy5fl.png
    this is from the bridge to the camp. We are right behind the fire station so we knew we were totally safe with them there.

I would love the link to the videos that you were telling Rita about. My doctor will not do the bone density test on me yet but I worry about it because both parents have osteo. Dad's is actually worse than moms. I want to do what I can to slow it down.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    I had an email from easyjet to say they had refunded me the money for my cancelled flight in May. When I checked my account there was a BAC deposit with a weird reference, but not for the full amount quoted. Puzzled. It's better than nothing, but I will look again tomorrow and try to email them again (almost impossible). They are one of the worst companies for refunds, so I'm glad I got anything! However it won't hurt me to have another go.

I'm debating whether to change my phone for one with more memory. I'm researching. Which is another way of saying, I'm putting off writing. :s

Our delivery came this afternoon and I made my favourite quick dinner with their pre-grilled veg, prawns and my homemade pesto. Tagliatelle. Good job I did a lot of rowing this afternoon as I decided to open one of the bottles of Prosecco that came in the order. Squeaking in on calories. :o

Don't know if any of you are art, or architecture, or ancient history lovers, but I have just discovered the Google arts and culture website/app. Spent a happy hour going round the museums of Berlin. The Pergamom Altar. :o There is so much on there! Take a walk round almost any great ruin anywhere in the world. I don't know why I didn't know about it earlier, but it brings me great calm and happiness. Lots of famous paintings etc. What a wonder technology is!

I've got some stinky cheese to have tonight! >:)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx

• JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Meal prep video looks delicious

https://youtu.be/OxF2u_3URxs

Amber Tx
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,784 Member
    Options
    Lanette--The show Dead Still sounds very interesting. I have seen some of those photos and make me really think about what life was like 100-200 years ago. When we are out geocache we find some really old cemeteries. Alot of children didn't live very long. We found one that was on a wagon trail and it only had like young woman, baby boy, etc. How sad to not even have a name. Makes me realize how much easier our lives are today.

DH just called and they called him this morning and plan to put our new windows in tomorrow. Someone has to be home so DH is taking the day off. Lucky he can do that. Not sure how happy I am with these people. They are a local company and custom make the windows. But we started this in March when they came out and make sure they had the right measurments and we paid half down. Have called acouple times to see what is taking so long. Now they call with 1 day notice. We are having one side of house done which is 4 windows. Next want to do the front which is 2 windows and then the 4 for the basement. But right now I want to see how these look before we make any plans with this company. They told DH they will be done tomorrow with these. I am hoping by the time I get off work.

I am in a strange mood today and so hoping only have to work 12 hours today. Did an interview with a man this morning for my courier job. Sounds like a good fit so will see where it goes from here.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Options
    Vickil57 wrote: »

DH just called and they called him this morning and plan to put our new windows in tomorrow. Someone has to be home so DH is taking the day off. Lucky he can do that. Not sure how happy I am with these people. They are a local company and custom make the windows. But we started this in March when they came out and make sure they had the right measurments and we paid half down. Have called acouple times to see what is taking so long. Now they call with 1 day notice. We are having one side of house done which is 4 windows. Next want to do the front which is 2 windows and then the 4 for the basement. But right now I want to see how these look before we make any plans with this company. They told DH they will be done tomorrow with these. I am hoping by the time I get off work.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3

We had windows replaced on our previous house. It was 24 windows and they did them all easily in one day.

Good luck!
    Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Lisa in AR-it’s bee balm.The bees,butterflies and hummingbirds love it.You’re right,they do look like the Fourth of July.
    Debby in Va
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Debby - Thank you! I'd heard of bee balm, but never actually seen any. :)
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    AgnesFerniot: Congrats on being down 2.5! WTG!!! :star:

Michele: I survived my medical procedure and the results were good!!! I didn’t eat all the jello. How much jello can a woman eat? I actually watched most of the exam on the same screen with the doctor. He was gracious about it. Watching things like this reduces my stress. I imagine some others feel that way, but not everyone. :star:

Rita: Your desert flowers are beautiful. So are the butterflies/moths. I look forward to seeing them. You have a good eye for composition. :flowerforyou:

Allie: Enjoy your birthday celebration! :flowerforyou:

Barbara: Mythbusters can get creativity flowing. I would love to see your DH’s duct tape masks. :bigsmile:

Amber: I am sorry you’re having so many worries about the 20-something members of your family. :heart:

Vicki: It is great to see you! :bigsmile:

I’m worried about our dog. He’s doing a lot of panting when he isn’t hot. I think his panting is caused by pain. He’s been on two pain pills daily for quite some time. I have a call into the vet to see what can be done to help him be more comfortable. We’ve talked about possible surgery when the time is right. I know he needs surgery, eventually, and wonder whether it will be sooner of later.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Lovely evening with the ladies .and now going to get some rest.. tomorrow is actually the big day..
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    Went to dentist today. Think they took every precaution they could. I checked in from parking lot, answered questions. They called me when time to go in. Hygienist and Dentist had N95 with surgical mask on. Took my temperature and checked my oxygen level. I wore mask in. Ended up seeing four other people (patients)--two with masks, two without. Good news is--no cavities!

Was in office for a few hours going over the stuff for moves. Think we have it straightened out.

Considering getting a small freezer to keep more stuff on hand if things get bad again. Was thinking about 2.1 cf, but can only find upright. May get a 3-3.5 chest freezer. Would like something that can hold whole turkey and other stuff.

I enjoy the flowers many of you share--brightens the day.

Take care all,

Ginny in Ohio
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    yd7za3n9a06y.png