BACK AT IT AGAIN...

Replies

• beshamama
    beshamama Posts: 240 Member
    I am getting bored with my workout music. Anybody have any recommendations for music to row to?

Thanks!!
  • shawnamee1
    shawnamee1 Posts: 6 Member
    I am beginning anew, too! We've got this!
  • Kayla_Caroline
    Kayla_Caroline Posts: 29 Member
    You all are AMAZING! @miss1ovakine @eesh78 @Anjele414 @MommyLisa21 @1BlueAurora & to everyone else I didn’t @ ❤️ (Remember, I’m still learning how this app works lol didn’t know I could just tag someone to reply.)

To everyone who has read my post.. to everyone who is (re)starting their journey.. to everyone who feels inspired.. I AM ROOTING FOR YOU! You’re going to have wonderful results! You’re going to feel so good about yourself! You’re going to be inspiring to others around you! KEEP PUSHING FORWARD!
  • n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    @Kayla_Caroline, thank you for starting this thread. I am starting over too, have one day down and today is day 2. I am great with the exercise, but fall short with over eating at night. Blame it on the stress of the work day but no more excuses. I will be checking in daily. I must make myself accountable. Everyone have a great day.
  • madeclerq
    madeclerq Posts: 14 Member
    Hi friends. I like Kayla have gone through great success in the past. I injured myself badly a few years ago and used that as an excuse. I tried to keep it off but have been slowly failing over the year. Now in full blown pandemic, ive gained more. Its time. Time for change. Would love some new friends to keep eachother accountable. See what others are posting and get inspired. Good luck to everyone in this thread!
  • Kayla_Caroline
    @n2gardens56 & @madeclerq thank you for the kind words! YOU CAN DO IT! 😁
  • lycheepancakes
    lycheepancakes Posts: 25 Member
    Welcome back and good luck, Kayla! 🍀
  • Kayla_Caroline
    Thank you, @lycheepancakes! I’m rooting for you too!
  • n2gardens56
    n2gardens56 Posts: 74 Member
    Checking back in, hope everyone is staying on track. I buckled down while I had some time off work, and have been logging daily and have eliminated crap from my diet successfully for 5 days including all sugar and flour and grain to try and stop some of my addiction to food. It is working great, and have felt better and better every day. I also work out daily, but have been great about the exercise for several years, just terrible about binge eating. Really has been a relief to "keep it simple" on the food choices and see where this goes.
  • Anjele414
    Anjele414 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm still learning how to use this app as well...lol How is everyone doing?
  • Kayla_Caroline
    @n2gardens56 That’s amazing!! Keep up the fabulous work 😁 thanks for checking in!

@Anjele414 lol we’ll get it! I’m doing well! How are you?!
  • beshamama
    What do you all do when you hit a wall? I have been stuck maintaining my weight for months now and I don’t want to be maintaining I want to be losing! Maybe I’m overestimating my calories burned by exercising or underestimating my calorie intake? But either way I am discouraged. What’s the point of working so hard for nothing to show for it. Should I lower my budget? Should I work out even more? I was so depressed yesterday I didn’t even log in. 😣
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @beshamama

The brain just loves it when we throw the towel in. It sits in the corner and laughs. The brain is a bully.

I don't know all of your stats but someone else can plug all of the numbers in for you and tell you what you should do with the math.

Turn your discouragement into action. You've been doing the hard thing. Practicing your new habits. Building on your new cognitive behaviors. Don't you dare let your brain pull the rug right out from underneath you now. There's nothing easy about any of this.

Don't let a plateau grind you down. You've found a new path and it's downright difficult. No one is seldom the same. Our bodies start fighting against us but you've got to keep going. Getting discouraged won't get you there.
    Falling right back into your old eating patterns won't get you there.

This is hard work. You must soldier on. Doing what we've always done will get us what we've always gotten.
    Mostly nothin'.

Stoke your passion. Jack yourself back UP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0wAQNzK0Ow

• AgnesFerniot
    AgnesFerniot Posts: 62 Member
    This is an extremely motivating thread of discussion ! Everyone is so articulate ! Are you all public relations professionals by any chance ? lol 💜
  • Kayla_Caroline
    Welcome, @AgnesFerniot 💜 I’m not, but I did study communication in school. My bachelor’s has a concentration in interpersonal/organizational & my master’s an emphasis in health 😉

I hope everyone feels welcomed & encouraged here. 😁
  • Danisha43
    Danisha43 Posts: 26 Member
    Hello! I'm back again as well. I wish you good luck on your weight loss journey.
  • Kayla_Caroline
    Hi @Danisha43! Thank you! Good luck as well!!
  • beshamama
    @Diatonic12 Thanks for the pep talk! I have been exercising everyday even though I do not want to. Even though I see no benefit to doing it I have still got off my butt and did it and that is something to be proud of. 💪
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @beshamama I've been thinking about you. ;) We're birds of a feather flying together and the sky is big enough for all of the birds to fly without their wings touching.

Our mileage will always vary.

What works for me is looking my truth and reality directly in the eye.
    So pour it on like a shot of whiskey
    And shoot me straight
    Don't give me that salt shaker and lime
    Don't give me that come back chaser this time
    Don't muddle it up, don't water it down
    Give me everything you got right here, right now

I use music to Flip the Switch and literally blow the stink off. Stinkin' Thinkin'. That's just the way I roll. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQajmEKF438
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    I’m the same. Gained the weight I lost and more without even realising! Please add me as your friend and let’s do this together!