Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Getting Outages every day - can't get in at all

Replies

• smithaj3smithaj3 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I just started a free trial and regret it. I am also having problems getting on. Are there other good food tracking websites out there?
  • DragonLadyLizDragonLadyLiz Member Posts: 7 Member Member Posts: 7 Member
    I too have been having trouble Fortunately - or unfortunately - I haven't been diligently recording in my food diary since even when I do, and even when I exercise I am gaining weight instead of losing (and no, it's not muscle vs fat).
  • BoogerDawsonBoogerDawson Member Posts: 0 Member Member Posts: 0 Member
    Hit or miss. Home page not responding or loading. Not syncing to apps timely or properly. Please fix.
  • EntropyPie1EntropyPie1 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I am SO irritated!!! I am on a 2396 day logging streak... I have no problem logging my food items, BUT over the past couple of months, MFP has only sporadically been syncing properly with my Fitbit device... When I log into the MFP website, I keep getting an error saying "Sorry we couldn't complete your request" so I cannot try the fix that the Fitbit Community has recommended.

Fitbit has confirmed that the syncing issue is DEFINITELY a MFP problem, but no one at MFP seems to know / acknowledge/ or care about getting this fixed. I have scoured the MFP Community boards and there are message thread complaining about the "Sorry we couldn't complete your request" error message dating back to early 2019!!

Hellooo, MFP?? Is anyone going to get this mess fixed? Since UA bought out this company, I've had nothing but interface problems and being spammed with UA ads.
  • haildodgerhaildodger Member Posts: 181 Member Member Posts: 181 Member
    "Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Please try again." Every damn day. It takes me around 5 to 10 times to get my home page to load. Now My Meals aren't loading either. What a pain in the *kitten*. I've been here since 2014 and I'm officially done with this BS! I'm glad I not subbed because I would feel even more aggravated. This weekend I'm exploring other websites & apps. I've had enough of MFP's terrible website.
    edited June 26
  • zauchezauche Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    While I've paid for Premium and have been on MFP for around six years -- currently, if it only worked, today would be my 720-something consecutive day -- I'm going to give Cronometer a try to see if it isn't better. Because of the "Sorry, we couldn't complete your request" merry-go-round, it's really very difficult to stay loyal to MFP. It just isn't worth the frustration level.
  • stoneycreekmichstoneycreekmich Member Posts: 0 Member Member Posts: 0 Member
    MFP is an excellent application which provides solid, helpful information that many of us need and use for our own personal health objectives. It is too bad that this product no longer works. I consider it my lucky day, when I can log my meals or get the app to sync properly. I cannot understand how an application that has worked so well for so long, suddenly has become nearly useless. When will it get FIXED?

GWR
  • dmfialadmfiala Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    For the last 3 days MFP has not synced with my Fitbit, I thought it was a problem with the connection and just spent the last hour trying to figure out why, unlinking, relinking, waiting, etc. This is ridiculous - if it's not fixed I am going to find a new app to track my food with. And this has happened many times over the last several weeks.
    edited June 26
  • vze1piu2vze1piu2 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I got back on MFP about three days ago, after a several-months hiatus. In returning to the site, I also signed up for Premium service, because MFP changed all my macronutrients. Since I'm on a strict keto (20 carbs) diet, it's important that I keep to the allowed macronutrients. I could only go back to the original keto macronutrients by signing up for Premium service. and re-entering them in the Goals section.

Now I'm unable to get into the site, getting the "Sorry we couldn't complete your request. Please try again." I've tried and tried again to no avail. It seems the only time I can get in is late at night and then I'm up past my bedtime trying to update my daily food allowances.

When will this problem be fixed?
  • manderson27manderson27 Member Posts: 3,453 Member Member Posts: 3,453 Member
    Well looks like I am not on my own here. I have been with MFP for 8 years and never had this much trouble. Real pain in the behind.
  • rons55360rons55360 Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    Been using MFP since 2013 and have never had as much trouble as I am now. Any suggestions for a calorie tracker that works?
  • aries68mcaries68mc Member Posts: 168 Member Member Posts: 168 Member
    I started using Lose It! yesterday. (The website) I am using it concurrently with this site (hopefully, as long as I can get things logged here) until I decide if it will be a keeper. So far, it's easy to enter in food. You can't log in water separately like here but can with the meals/snacks. However, that's no biggie for me anymore as I have no problems with my water intake. I can't sync with my FitBit, unless I pay for Premium, though. That's a disappointment, but really that's ok. I'm doing fine with maintenance and can live with that. Haven't explored much else on the site yet, might do that this weekend. Just like here, you can access via the web or app. I won't try the app unless and until I decide I will definitely continue with it. So, can't offer anything about the app.
  • dawnanmdawnanm Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Guys, same issue with me and I am so annoyed that I just signed up for another year of premium....I have gone back to the Lose It! app, I dont know why I changed back to MFP...I still have time left on my 40.00 yearly subscription for Lose It! which expires July 8th, I just renewed it....I cannot stand all the issues and not syncing with my FitBit.
  • manderson27manderson27 Member Posts: 3,453 Member Member Posts: 3,453 Member
    Come on tech guys where are you when we need you? This is a great site don't let it go down the drain.
  • AdmingrrlAdmingrrl Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    I'm having all of the issues others have mentioned. Most notably, for the last three days, no service from MFP at all in terms of syncing with Fitbit. I do rely on MFP to keep track of calories and calorie deficit, so when that piece is missing it's pretty annoying. It becomes more annoying when I think about the fact that I pay for it. $$$
  • AdmingrrlAdmingrrl Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member Member, Premium Posts: 8 Member
    Will look at other apps as some here have suggested. It may be the only way. I note that MFP folks don't even stop in online to address these issues.
  • gmpugglesgmpuggles Member Posts: 136 Member Member Posts: 136 Member
    leobrennan wrote: »
    Love the site but it seems to be down a lot. Is this my issue or are others experiencing the same?

Not just you. It seems to be happening with increasing frequency unfortunately.
  • RCICruiseGirlRCICruiseGirl Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Sorry, we couldn't complete your request. Please try again. 10 TIMES A DAY. EVERY DAY.