12346»

Replies

• BahstenB10
    BahstenB10 Posts: 227 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    JimDew wrote: »
    I wanted to add, but forgot....

I’m sure it’s been discussed as I’ve not read every post here. I feel bad for the ladies, as I’m nearly certain they are the ones that get the weird and creepy requests.

Please accept my apology on behalf of decent men.

That's very kind but you don't have to carry the blame for all pervy creeps. But it's a very kind gesture so thank you.

For the record they're everywhere and I'm sure there are creepy women too. I have gotten all sorts of messages on Instagram and even words with friends. The best on Instagram are the ones claiming to want to be your sugar daddy. 😂🤣 So many scams out there and I wonder how many fall for them

The only creepy requests/messages I've received on MFP is when a large group of us all set out profile photo to match that of another member to mess with folks on who was who in the feed for fun and games. I received some random requests then... and this was back when MFP still listed gender in the profile so the creepers didn't even bother to check that! It was only up for a day too.

And yeah, creepers are everywhere. Instagram, Facebook. Even on LinkedIn my fiance gets creepy random messages.

Oh wow LinkedIn too??? I guess they'll try anywhere. On Instagram I've had people just send pictures and then ask what I think. These are usually just shirtless....not bottomless 😂🤣. I always end up blocking them but would be fun to mess and say well you could add some definition or lose 25lbs.

Why are some dudes just so creepy? I have never quite been able to figure out the males these days even though I am one.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @JimDew This week, a vacationing friend was running on the beach and a man grabbed her early in the morning. She had her corgi but that dog didn't even bark. She was really scared. Generally speaking, I don't think men or women like attention that makes you uncomfortable. We all have our boundaries.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    @JimDew She punched him with all of her might. She's a cowgirl. Then she ran for the hotel but if there's more than one that's a different level of fear.
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    BahstenB10 wrote: »
    JimDew wrote: »
    I wanted to add, but forgot....

I’m sure it’s been discussed as I’ve not read every post here. I feel bad for the ladies, as I’m nearly certain they are the ones that get the weird and creepy requests.

Please accept my apology on behalf of decent men.

That's very kind but you don't have to carry the blame for all pervy creeps. But it's a very kind gesture so thank you.

For the record they're everywhere and I'm sure there are creepy women too. I have gotten all sorts of messages on Instagram and even words with friends. The best on Instagram are the ones claiming to want to be your sugar daddy. 😂🤣 So many scams out there and I wonder how many fall for them

The only creepy requests/messages I've received on MFP is when a large group of us all set out profile photo to match that of another member to mess with folks on who was who in the feed for fun and games. I received some random requests then... and this was back when MFP still listed gender in the profile so the creepers didn't even bother to check that! It was only up for a day too.

And yeah, creepers are everywhere. Instagram, Facebook. Even on LinkedIn my fiance gets creepy random messages.

Oh wow LinkedIn too??? I guess they'll try anywhere. On Instagram I've had people just send pictures and then ask what I think. These are usually just shirtless....not bottomless 😂🤣. I always end up blocking them but would be fun to mess and say well you could add some definition or lose 25lbs.

Why are some dudes just so creepy? I have never quite been able to figure out the males these days even though I am one.

I suspect it's the power of being behind a screen and detached?
    I'm real life men will stare and will make comments but not as gross as someone would send through messages online. I guess cause they'd be arrested in real life? It often makes me laugh when I notice someone craning their neck for a look so for those in real life ones thanks cause it makes me laugh
  • gcminton
    gcminton Posts: 170 Member
    Sadly, women aren't much better, we just don't hear about them as much for various reasons.

While I don't accept friends here, online creeps are still waaaaay better than in-person. If I never hear something like "hey pretty girl, you look like you need a hug" again, it'll be too soon. That "hug" I apparently needed turned into being grabbed with my arms pinned to my sides and then the dude kissing me before I had time to react. Yech.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,609 Member
    quote="gcminton;c-45349488"]Sadly, women aren't much better, we just don't hear about them as much for various reasons.

While I don't accept friends here, online creeps are still waaaaay better than in-person. If I never hear something like "hey pretty girl, you look like you need a hug" again, it'll be too soon. That "hug" I apparently needed turned into being grabbed with my arms pinned to my sides and then the dude kissing me before I had time to react. Yech.[/quote]

Women are probably just as randy.

Women IME often feel fear when there's an unwelcome sexual advance from a man. I'm not a man, so I don't know how they feel, but I'd bet fear is less common.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Yes. I do vet to some degree. If it’s a guy who has an 800 person friends list, and everyone of them is young and blonde, then I know he didn’t look close enough at my photo.😂
    I find it funny that this type of guy exists. What does he think, he’s building a harem?
    But, other than that, I accept most requests.
    I delete someone if they are inactive (why have friends if not to interact)?
    But honestly, I’ve made some good supportive friends that I still have 5 years later. I don’t have my diary open because i don’t find it is at all motivational for me to look at others diaries, so I assume they’d not care about mine.
    But, seeing my friends posting exercise is highly motivating for me and reminds me to get off my butt.
  • I don't vet, but I don't hesitate to delete and block if need be. I'm open that my life isn't an ordinary one, but just because I'm pansexual and kinky and living in a triad doesn't mean that I'm going to do anything for the creepers. If someone messages me and says, "How do the three of you make it work?" or "How do the three of you handle the holidays?" I can talk about that, but that's not the sort of thing creepers want to know. And I'm always open to "Hey, that baked chicken you mentioned on the forums sounds amazing, what's the recipe?"