Calorie Counter

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

My "petty" reason I hate corona

1235»

Replies

• GreenValliGreenValli Member Posts: 972 Member Member Posts: 972 Member
    I would really love to buy some new clothes but I feel I need to try them on before I actually buy them. I do not want to guess and buy something that does not fit or look good. I have lost a significant number of pounds (over 50 lbs) and have no idea what size will fit. Stores I have been in will not allow me to try them on. I do not want to take them back. What a hassle and I am not sure them would allow returns anyway.
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Member Posts: 7,721 Member Member Posts: 7,721 Member
    @GreenValli
    Amazon.com has a thing called Prime Wardrobe. You can try on clothing before you buy and returns are super easy.
  • gesundundmuntergesundundmunter Member Posts: 186 Member Member Posts: 186 Member
    fstrickl wrote: »
    Right now my petty reason to be upset about COVID-19 is because I was very excited to start my MA (online so that hasn't been changed by COVID-19) and go to coffee shops and study the evening away in anonymous solitude. But that novelty has been taken away and an escape door to peace and quiet has been shut.

(To be fair, cafes are open in my city, I just think it's irresponsible to spend prolonged amounts of time in public if it's not needed. While I have not had any symptoms I don't want to put others at risk if I am asymptomatic. And besides, while I DO wear a mask when in public, I would not love wearing it for longer than needed. So at home studying it is)

I hear you. I'm pretty much in the same situation. I used to hang out at coffee shops and bookstores to counter online study at home. I went on campus for the first 8 weeks of spring semester. Since then, it has been back to online/Zoom. All the best and let's hope that the situation changes.
  • gesundundmuntergesundundmunter Member Posts: 186 Member Member Posts: 186 Member
    GreenValli wrote: »
    I would really love to buy some new clothes but I feel I need to try them on before I actually buy them. I do not want to guess and buy something that does not fit or look good. I have lost a significant number of pounds (over 50 lbs) and have no idea what size will fit. Stores I have been in will not allow me to try them on. I do not want to take them back. What a hassle and I am not sure them would allow returns anyway.

I hear you. Congrats on your weight loss, I am still shooting for that amount. Same store policies here. It reduces spending. I am de-cluttering and more careful about buying new under this store policy.