Gaining weight with the least amount of food

124»

Replies

• Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    I didn't read the entire thread so this may have been suggested already. Go and see a dietician. You might need to force yourself to drink a high calorie shake twice a day. Maybe if you view it as medicine that you need to have in order to be the best possible mom you can be. I may be wrong about this, but I believe that if your body gets used to the calorie surplus it will get easier to down your medicine:). Good luck!

^ That smoothie recipe would work I think. You can adjust it to make it more palatable too.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    I am trying to gain weight as directed by my physician. I have a problem with my adrenal glands that makes it nearly impossible to gain weight. Please spare the 'I wish I had that problem' comments because its really not fun! My hair and nails fall out/off I'm so tired and very under nourished. I have two small children that require way more energy than I have. I downloaded the app to try to help me meet minimum daily nutrient requirements, but I come up short every single day. I am 5'8 and weight 110lbs. I've been eating on average 500 calories a day. I know that's not healthy-- and it is NOT intentional. Just eating 500 calories a day, I feel stuffed. I am forcing myself to eat even that much. Complete loss of appetite goes along with the previously mentioned adrenal condition. Since I can't seem to eat the proper amount of calories in a 'normal' manner, I am wondering if anyone can recommend foods to help me get the most bang for my theoretical buck. I only am able to eat small quantities per day, but I what I do eat needs to be more nutrient dense. Any suggestions?

Try vitamins.
    Protein shakes would work well...200 cals a serving and you can double that up...and it doesn't make me feel full.

Good luck!! I'm 5'7 so I know you're a good amt underweight. (No pun intended.)