Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Tickers not working

JasmineNTJasmineNT Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
why dont the tickers work anymore?

Replies

• ynkeecajunynkeecajun Member Posts: 3 Member Member Posts: 3 Member
    I was wondering the same thing . . . . Anyone??
  • anewdayfitanewdayfit Member Posts: 4 Member Member Posts: 4 Member
    Does anyone .. know how to get them working again??
  • Sand_TIgerSand_TIger Member Posts: 268 Member Member Posts: 268 Member
    I've tried a bunch of things and haven't been able to get mine working. It started when I hit 60 pounds lost and it stubbornly stayed at 59. I tried updating my ticker, clearing my cookies, changing to a different style ticker, etc, and it still wouldn't work. It seems like the issue is that it's not pulling a new image from whatever host you are using. Even before this I had to manually click "load image" any time my ticker updated to get it to show.
  • javacreekjavacreek Member Posts: 26 Member Member Posts: 26 Member
    154874488.png

Nope ..not working! Help MFP!
    edited July 30
  • BaileyCat88BaileyCat88 Member Posts: 31 Member Member Posts: 31 Member
    My ticker shows a broken icon and does not appear on my Home Page. Is there a fix, MFP? Thanks
  • Dolph452Dolph452 Member, Premium Posts: 30 Member Member, Premium Posts: 30 Member
    What's a ticker???
  • uyisteruyister Member, Premium Posts: 13 Member Member, Premium Posts: 13 Member
    @Dolph452 I was just about to ask that.
    Can someone tell us what a ticker is?
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,767 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,767 MFP Moderator
    A ticker was a little customization progress bar on your profile page. It has been broken for quite some time. I think MFP is retiring tickers all-together next time they give the site a big update. I miss them too, bums me out :(
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,212 Member Member Posts: 30,212 Member
    The reason you can't see them is your personal privacy setting.

You have to go to tickers and click "public" - or whatever the choice says about letting others view it. That's how I fixed mine.

4legs, I hope they don't retire them!

5978.png
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,212 Member Member Posts: 30,212 Member
  • 4legsRbetterthan24legsRbetterthan2 Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,767 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,767 MFP Moderator
    @cmriverside can you see yours on your profile page?
    @cmriverside can you see yours on your profile page?

Yes I can. :) But I couldn't see it before I clicked that "Public" thing, it was just a little box with an X in it and my user number.