Getting fit at 50 and beyond...200+ pound club

Replies

• daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Sunday Funday on a Monday
    Last week 185.8
    Today’s weight 185.6

I’m STILL stuck, circling 185 +|- but nothing and no one to blame but me and my own bad choices. A few too many calorie heavy meals that too easily became heavy calorie leftovers for lunch the next day. I DID increase my activity some, which is probably why I at least stayed steady. New week, new conviction.

It's raining today but I'm promising myself and Maggie (the dog) at least a short dog walk -- that's what rain boots and umbrella's are for, right?!
  • jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,733 Member
    hap2go wrote: »
    Hello! (waves) Its been a little while. I've definitely fallen off the healthy eating wagon and need to get back on track. I figured march 1 was a good time to start again. My almost 90 year old father is dying and its JUST SO HARD. But I have to take better care of myself so I dont put my family through this (he has many lifestyle illnesses including congestive heart failure from obesity, diabetes, renal failure)

We’re all here for you. ❤️
  • jm216
    BethCW2963 wrote: »
    Feeling really down and depressed today and I'm in quite a bit of pain so I am taking an exercise break today. Hopefully, I will be rested and recuperated tomorrow and be ready for another round of exercise.

My lack of consistent sleep is taking its toll on me. I soooo wish that for just one night, or even one day for that matter, that I could get an uninterrupted 6 to 8 hours sleep. I admit to myself that I have very poor sleeping habits and so I am making it one of my goals to work on improving it. I know how important it is.

On a final note, I just "feel" so heavy today. I wish I had scales and a tape measure so I could know for sure how I am progressing, but hopefully, in the next week or two, I will be able to purchase them. Yet another goal for me to work on :)

Blessings to everyone and have a great day!

We hope you’re feeling better today and hope you’ve gotten a good night’s sleep. ❤️
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    cpnknight wrote: »
    Very sporadic visits from me but I am still lurking around...
    A tiny bit of good news for me last week.
    In my ongoing fight against the bulge, and the very frustrating battle with the 300 lbs number, I weighed in on Sunday to discover a very small .4 lbs loss to make it a second week at sub 300 numbers!

I am hoping that this is the turning point but have suffered too many set backs at this point to get too excited.
    Weights and measures day on Sunday so fingers crossed.....

that sounds like your body has adjusted and is now starting another downward trend! good job. I follow your posts as your consistency helps me keep on track myself. Thank you!!
  • jm216
    Happy Saturday!
    qqie5qkttio3.jpeg
  • jm216
    The morning is bright and fine here in Plymouth. The sun is shining and the birds are singing.
    But...

It is the first Sunday of the month which means....
    Weights & Measures Day!

What will the Scaly Beast and the Terrible Tape have for me today?

Last months weight
    Was 298.8 lbs...Now 298 lbs...Loss of .8 lbs
    Measurements
    Neck was 48cm...Now 46cm...Loss of 2cm
    Waist was 129cm...Now 128cm...Loss of 1cm
    Cest was 128cm...Now 130cm...Gain of 2cm
    B.M.I. was 36.9...Now 37...Gain of .1

Ultimately it has been a stagnant month but I already knew that.
    There are some positives though.
    This has been the third week in a row that my weight has been below 300 lbs which is a first and ,maybe, just maybe, I am starting to slip over the edge of this poxy plateaux that I have been sat on for the last couple of months.

Way to go, Tone!
    I’m so proud of your dedication and determination. 👏🎉
  • jm216
    Starting weight: 214 pounds on 1/1/2021
    Height: 5’8”
    Goal weight: 184

Weekly Check-In:
    January 1: 214
    January 3: 211.6
    January 10: 209.7
    January 17: 207.6
    January 24: 208
    January 31: 208
    February 7: 207.2
    February 14: 207.9
    February 21: 210.8
    February 28: 212
    March 7: 207.9

Weight lost this week: 4.1 pounds

Successes this week- working out every day with Gina B- Up to the Beat Fitness on UTube.
    Happy to get in my 30 minutes of exercise every day and walk the dog every day. Logging my food... all of it. I’ve been consistently getting over 10,000 steps and eating at or under my calorie goal.

For lunch this week I’ve been eating premade chopped salads...all of it...and it takes me longer to eat since I graze on it all afternoon.
    By doing this, my need to snack has stopped. It’s been strangely amazing! I’m am not starving at all, either!

Setbacks- No real setbacks this week! Just need to drink more water.

Here is to a March restart and upcoming Spring!

Jill 💐
  • daydrem_dw
    daydrem_dw Posts: 83 Member
    Last week 185.6
    Today’s weight 183.0

Finally able to report below 185! I've been glimpsing numbers below 185 for weeks but never on the Sunday Funday scale. I'm journaling consistently and, although not doing as great as I could with the exercise, I am more active these days.

@jm216 -- funny you should mention the premade chopped salads for lunch and beyond; I seriously filled my refrigerator yesterday with salad mixes with a similar thought in mind!

@cpnknight -- you're doing great! I have no doubt that 300 is in the rearview mirror for you.
  • jm216
    daydrem_dw wrote: »
    Last week 185.6
    Today’s weight 183.0

Finally able to report below 185! I've been glimpsing numbers below 185 for weeks but never on the Sunday Funday scale. I'm journaling consistently and, although not doing as great as I could with the exercise, I am more active these days.

@jm216 -- funny you should mention the premade chopped salads for lunch and beyond; I seriously filled my refrigerator yesterday with salad mixes with a similar thought in mind!

@cpnknight -- you're doing great! I have no doubt that 300 is in the rearview mirror for you.

Way to go!!!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    hap2go wrote: »
    Hello! (waves) Its been a little while. I've definitely fallen off the healthy eating wagon and need to get back on track. I figured march 1 was a good time to start again. My almost 90 year old father is dying and its JUST SO HARD. But I have to take better care of myself so I dont put my family through this (he has many lifestyle illnesses including congestive heart failure from obesity, diabetes, renal failure)

Sorry to hear about your father. Hope you are able to get back on track this month.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    Keri
    68 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1/20: 263.6
    10/19: 245.4
    Started working remotely full-time and I struggle to lose when I am working.
    1/1/21: 251.2
    2/3: 250.4
    2/6: 256.6 adjusted according to my new scale.
    2/7: 255 -1.6 lbs lost of extra new scale weight
    2/27: 254.8 -.2 but I went up to 257 so this is a loss of 2.2 lbs
    2/28: 253.4
    3/6: 255.4
    CW: 254.4 This loss was after celebrating my birthday yesterday.

I want to get below 245 ASAP but this time on my new scale which weighs me at least 5 lbs higher than my old one. I had a good week. I exercised every weekday. 2 Strength training (1 weights and 1 resistance bands). I include body weight and stretching with these. I had 2 long walks in the sun and a shorter one.
  • BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    Hi everybody! Just wanted to share some exercise ramblings from this 58-year-old, 300+/lb senior! I am still waiting on the purchase of some scales so I really can't log my weight or body measurements just yet, but I can share some fitness goals...

Today I completed my 10-minute Indoor Walking Workout #2 for Seniors, Beginner Exercisers routine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkaX-YbOi3I

I had to really push myself to do it... I have been in a lot of pain (back and hips) and my left knee is swollen...it's not painful though, but I am still trying to be careful. I am having difficulty walking... there is a pain in my right foot that happens intermittently when I step on it and then I lose balance...I almost fell the other day, but the funny thing is I never felt any pain in it while I was doing the video (hmmm). I have to use my arms a lot to assist me in getting up and down the stairs right now. I also am unable to bend down on my right knee at all and only very slightly on my left. I would like to be able to do wall-assisted squats to strengthen my knees but I don't think I should right now ... at least not until I have lost a significant amount of weight. At this point, I take each day as it comes and try to remain patient with myself and realize that I am not going to miraculously get in shape overnight! KEYWORDS to self - One Day At A Time.

On another note, I am going to finish up the day with my Exercise For Obese Beginners At Home - Stage 1 Ep#12 at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PDVC4h3ZLU. THIS IS MY LAST SESSION FOR STAGE 1...I MADE IT THROUGH ALL 12 VIDEOS and have completed almost one month of my diet and exercise program (27 days so far)! My next stage (Stage 2) will be another 12 episodes (to span about a month if you do them every other day) and these will be partially seated and partially standing. Once I finish those I will be moving to the final Stage #3 which will be 13 episodes completely standing. At that point, I am going to join https://liveexercise.com/ and begin intermediate aerobic and resistance training (so far, that's my current goal). I am so glad that I found this site because they literally have 1000's OF AT-HOME WORKOUTS LIVE & ON-DEMAND that includes any and all fitness programs (Top Level Muscle Building, Cardio and Flexibility Workouts that use: Resistance Bands, Dumbbells, Barbells, Bodyweight, Kettle Bells, Stability Balls, Medicine Balls and more, yoga, etc!)...all at the super low price of 9.95 per mos!

Thank you to all who read my story and feel free to add any tips or insights that may help me along the way. Have a great day!

[ive7eqqm0x6d.jpg

• BethCW2963
    BethCW2963 Posts: 57 Member
    @jm216 You had a great week with both exercise and diet - AWESOME! I like eating pre-made salads, too! Quick, convenient, and nutritious.

@daydrem_dw Congratulations on getting below 185 lbs. I so look forward to the day when I can post that I am below 200 lbs.

@KeriA - Great weekly workout routine!
  • hap2go
    hap2go Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 2021
    Accountability check in

SW 232

March 1 231
    March 8 228

1st goal weight 199
    ultimate goal weight 175

I definitely eat my emotions and this was a tough weekend. My daughter came back from school so celebration (yay) but my dad is definitely declining to trauma (boo) I also am picking up more and more of his paperwork/processing/admin stuff and its just. A. LOT.

I AM logging all the food even on the days I go over. Im trying to stick to 2000 and under because for ME, that IS a serious calorie deficit. I was closer to 3000+ per day so, yea. I've worked out three out of 7 days - need to get a bit better about that but its a work in progress right?

Here's my completely useless workout buddy:
    mrwq4thmglk8.jpg

• azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    The morning is bright and fine here in Plymouth. The sun is shining and the birds are singing.

you are making progress, good job!!!