Help me with DOMS muscle soreness!!
Lots of good ideas here. What helps me:
Casein (as mentioned above) or yogurt at bedtime, fish oil or Turmeric (to reduce inflammation), and foam rolling when it just gets bad!2
A good soak in an epsom salt bath is very helpful for me.1
Could be recovery is missing the nutrients needed. Potassium Magnesium or even insufficient protein.
I eat ginger root daily to help with muscle soreness, inflammation and speed up recovery.
Or... are you pushing too hard?
Honestly you have not provided sufficient info in your OP. I am just guessing and sharing my experience.
I have to agree regarding magnesium from personal experience. I suffered long, long recovery times and muscle aches regardless of protein intake which stopped after taking magnesium. If you cross other possible culprits off the list, try introducing these minerals and see how it goes.0
MohsenSALAH wrote: »Stretching and foam rolling is helpful as well besides what the guys mentioned above
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 386.4K Introduce Yourself
- 42.5K Getting Started
- 258.2K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.8K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.7K Fitness and Exercise
- 304 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.3K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 1.9K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 502 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.4K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions