August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @camaramandy648 This is why I don't have abs 🤣

@skippysgirlmom No, but we haven't checked the mail in a few days. I'd be surprised since I haven't received any shipping notice. I emailed last week that the team was complete but didn't get a reply. Not sure if that's normal, never done a group like this before 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,708 Member
    8/2 – 12 miles
    8/4 – 4.38
    8/5 – 11.02
    8/8 – 15.02
    8/9 – 4.01
    8/10 – 4.01
    8/12 – 6.59
    8/13 – 3.26
    8/15 – 15.05
    8/16 – 5.33
    8/18 – 5.01
    8/19 – 4.01
    8/20 – 5.01

Headed out the door around 6:10 this morning. The sunrise was beautiful. Lots of orange, pinks, blues and purples in the sky. Temp was around 63F and there was a nice breeze at times. The first mile was mostly in the dark. I heard some deer “blowing” at me. I must have disturbed their morning path as I heard them on both sides of the road where I was running.

@eleanorhawkins - You've betrayed Hal by trading in the treadmill for the bike! What will he say! LOL!
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    @eleanorhawkins I love having a bike. It's a nice compliment to running.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    @eleanorhawkins - You've betrayed Hal by trading in the treadmill for the bike! What will he say! LOL!

I confess, this is exactly what I came here to find out :D
  • PastorVincent
    I'm tired of record breaking heat and fires. Our electric company has asked us to reduce power usage tonight because a fire took out a big power line & we could get roving blackouts if we don't ease up on power.

UGH! :(
  • PastorVincent
    I am almost at my weight goal, a weight that has eluded me for about 15 years

W00T! Well done!
  • InkedAtty57
    InkedAtty57 Posts: 19 Member
    8/8....... 3.50 miles........ 3.50/50
    8/9...... 10.50 miles..... 14.00/50
    8/12...... 4.00 miles.... 18.00/50
    8/14...... 2.50 miles.... 20.50/50
    8/16..... 3.25 miles..... 23.75/50
    8/17..... 4.25 miles..... 28.00/50
    8/18..... 2.00 miles..... 30.00/50
    8/20......4.00 miles..... 34.00/50

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    @PastorVincent was just talking with Nick and Sophie last night about the community aspect and the adrenaline and feeding off of others’ adrenaline that comes with an in person race.

Finishing 33 miles alone is freaking hard. Especially since nobody is there to say “You’re doing great!” Nobody is there, so who cares if you finish or don’t? - that’s an easy mindset to slip into and I am so looking forward to having actual people around to encourage and be encouraged by!

I am sorry about your race. :(
  • PastorVincent
    @PastorVincent was just talking with Nick and Sophie last night about the community aspect and the adrenaline and feeding off of others’ adrenaline that comes with an in person race.

Finishing 33 miles alone is freaking hard. Especially since nobody is there to say “You’re doing great!” Nobody is there, so who cares if you finish or don’t? - that’s an easy mindset to slip into and I am so looking forward to having actual people around to encourage and be encouraged by!

In one of my trail 50ks I caught up to another runner and he was all like "You know we could just ditch here and no one would ever know" and I was like "Dude we paid for this, not ditching now" heh. I dunno if he finished or not - but I did not see him again. The conditions that year were very brutal, so trust me, I almost agreed lol
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    The very last race of 2020 for me just canceled. So this is the year with out a single race. yay.

I'm pretty sure the ones still on my schedule are going to be cancelled, too.
    Thank goodness I will have enough other fails in my yearly goals so that not having run any races at all will just get lost in the shuffle.
    2020 will eventually go down in history as "The Year that Wasn't."
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member

Don't lose sight of the fact that WE care!!!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,971 Member
    edited August 2020
    August Goal: 100 Miles

8/2: 10.52 miles
    8/4: 6.40 miles
    8/5: 6.52 miles
    8/6: 6.22 miles
    8/9: 11.02 miles
    8/11: 5.51 miles
    8/12: 6.05 miles
    8/13: 6.02 miles
    8/16: 10.13 miles
    8/17: 6.51 miles
    8/19: 6.62 miles
    8/20: 7.36 miles

88.88/100 miles completed for August

904.89/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

It wasn't as cool this morning as it was yesterday,  but it was still very nice at 72°F. I slept in a little and got out about an hour later than usual.  Since it wasn't dark I changed my route up a little and that was nice. There were more cars out than at my usual time. Today was the 2nd day of school so that was part of the reason. Since I changed my route I ended up going further than usual and finished my run at 7.36 miles. It was a good run and I am really looking forward to fall. I came home and cleaned house some but it was so nice I ended up taking all 3 dogs to the park for a walk.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    11/7/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »

This! You have a few Internet strangers always cheering you on from afar!

And that seriously helps. I can't tell you how often I've have various voices in my head from here.

Atm the overwhelming voice is @MobyCarp I really miss him. And @KeepRunningFatboy two runners whose words of wisdom will always stay with me.

I'm still here, still sidelined. We forget that recovery from an injury is not a linear progress, its a roller-coaster. I was doing really well, then out of no where I was in a lot of pain again. I hadn't done anything different, it just happened. Then just as suddenly it's back to pain free.

However I'm getting more pain free days than painful days so that's good.

My next physio session is in just over a week. Should start some strength exercises, with the goal of starting running again about 2 weeks after that.

I can't wait!

YASSS! When I am out there taking pictures and listening to my music, I am always telling mself, "Remember to tell them about this and this and THIS..."

I do miss the sound of a cowbell though.... But then again, I think if it weren't for this group, I'd not be where I am in my progress to date.

And @Tramboman yep. 2020 will go down as "The Year that Wasn't."

• Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,434 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Tramboman wrote: »

This! You have a few Internet strangers always cheering you on from afar!

And that seriously helps. I can't tell you how often I've have various voices in my head from here.

Atm the overwhelming voice is @MobyCarp I really miss him. And @KeepRunningFatboy two runners whose words of wisdom will always stay with me.

I'm still here, still sidelined. We forget that recovery from an injury is not a linear progress, its a roller-coaster. I was doing really well, then out of no where I was in a lot of pain again. I hadn't done anything different, it just happened. Then just as suddenly it's back to pain free.

However I'm getting more pain free days than painful days so that's good.

My next physio session is in just over a week. Should start some strength exercises, with the goal of starting running again about 2 weeks after that.

I can't wait!

I think about @mobycarp every morning when I do my calf raises. I was thinking about him and Fatboy the other day, feel like maybe we could have an annual memorial race for all those we’ve lost. Maybe not as elaborate as the relay marathons, just a day of dedicating our runs to those we care about who are no longer with us.

I'll 2nd that!