August 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Scott6255 wrote: »
    I also took a long walk today in the fields behind the Kroger while waiting for grocery pickup, and it really is a vast improvement over sitting in my car the whole time. I managed to get in two and a half miles!

Nice that you got 2.5 miles in, but that's a long time to wait for your grocery pickup 😜

38 minutes! Believe it or not that’s fast for them, once it was an hour and a half from pickup time. This way instead of cursing them I enjoy myself.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    @Camaramandy648 thank you for that lovely message on behalf of all of us.

@quilteryoyo - how appropriate for PastorVincent - hitting the ground running. I had a little laugh/cry moment today wondering if he was relieved to not have to follow his PastorVincent vs. Boston marathon training program anymore (I always got a kick out of seeing him seemingly not do his training plan, switching it all around so he still got the miles in somewhere). Or maybe he will be training for it on the other side with @MobyCarp and @fatboyrunning. It's not really my thing, but I'll allow for that image of heaven. :)

That's EXACTLY what I thought during my run yesterday!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member

@quilteryoyo - how appropriate for PastorVincent - hitting the ground running. I had a little laugh/cry moment today wondering if he was relieved to not have to follow his PastorVincent vs. Boston marathon training program anymore (I always got a kick out of seeing him seemingly not do his training plan, switching it all around so he still got the miles in somewhere). Or maybe he will be training for it on the other side with @MobyCarp and @fatboyrunning. It's not really my thing, but I'll allow for that image of heaven. :)

Small correction on case @fatboyrunning wonders why he keeps getting commented on, it was @KeepRunningFatboy who passed 2 years ago.

I don't believe in heven, but like the idea of them running on the Boston Marathon track up there.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Just saw the news. :( Thinking about his family... ugggh.

Yeah, I ran today, too. Doesn't really matter in light of whatever happened. I'm gonna go listen to @quilteryoyo 's song now. Hugs to everyone.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »

Small correction on case @fatboyrunning wonders why he keeps getting commented on, it was @KeepRunningFatboy who passed 2 years ago.

I don't believe in heaven, but like the idea of them running on the Boston Marathon track up there.

Thank you - I doubted it when I wrote it but didn't double check. Sorry to the person who I tagged if you see this! Keep running, anyway!
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    @katharmonic Hope the tire issue is an easy one to fix and glad there are no major issues with school so far. Good for you for getting your run in.

• Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    @Tramboman I am so sorry for how you are feeling also. I wish I could hug you.
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    I'm so sorry - the funeral is TOMORROW -
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    8/1 - 5 mile trail race
    8/2 - 4 with Skip and Champ
    8/3 – rest day
    8/4 – 6
    8/5 – 5 with Champ
    8/6 – 5
    8/7 – 3 with Champ
    8/8 – 5
    8/9 – 0 drove Skip to college move in
    8/10 – 3
    8/11 – drove home from college move in
    8/12 – 3 with Champ
    8/13 – 0
    8/14 – 5
    8/15 – 10K Scooby Doo Family and Pet Virtual Run
    8/16 – 5 with Champ on trails
    8/17 – 5
    8/18 – 4 with Champ
    8/19 – 5
    8/20 – 5 with Champ in am then 2 with Champ at night
    8/21 – 3
    8/22 – 10K Trail Race
    8/23 – 3 with Champ
    8/24 – 5 with Champ
    8/25 – 4 with Champ
    8/26 – 0 test day
    8/27 – 5 with Champ
    8/28 – 6

108 of 115 miles

Races:
    Mother’s Day Virtual 5K – done
    Retro Run Virtual 5K – done
    Rona on the Run - Virtual for St. Jude benefit - done
    Keep Moving Huntsville - at least one mile a day 1 - 31 May - done
    The Big Run - June 3 - done
    NEGU virtual run - June - Team NEGU helping support kids with cancer - done
    Big Foot Wild Thangs Trail Race 5K/10K – June 20 on the trails…all together like a real race - done
    Run 4 on the 4th – Virtual 4 miles on 4th of July - done
    ISS Virtual 5K in July – done
    Jackalope Trail Run 4 miler – done
    Flora-Bama 600K - Virtual race from Huntsville AL to the Florida Alabama state line in Orange Beach – done
    Scooby Doo Virtual 10K - done
    Skunk Ape 5 miler August 1 trail race in person – done
    Pirate Challenge – 10 weeks mile challenge June – August – done
    Chupacabra 10K/HM – August 22 - done
    Running of the Bulls Virtual 5K – 9/14 – 30/2020
    The Pinhoti Trail Challenge 335 miles virtual – 1 Sept to 31 Dec
    2020 Liberty Road Challenge WWII soldiers journey from St. Mere Eglisde to Bastogne, Belgium – charity virtual run for the WII museum in New Orleans 716 miles team event 4 July – September – our team has finished
    Space Race 400K Challenge 12 weeks running 248.5 miles to the ISS – August to November
    Oak Barrel Half Marathon – October – postponed from April

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Today was a walk/recover day and because we're getting dregs of Laura, I used my dreaded dreadmill. 4 miles. This has put me at 60.6 miles for the 248.5 mile challenge. Woohoo!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Today was a walk/recover day and because we're getting dregs of Laura, I used my dreaded dreadmill. 4 miles. This has put me at 60.6 miles for the 248.5 mile challenge. Woohoo!

great job :)