Women 200lb+, Let's Be Extra Awesome This August!!!

Replies

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    @changeforeverlj that's beautiful! I want to be there lol.

And love the discussion about body-image. Your journey gives some hope @speyerj
  • motivatedsister
    SW: 210.9 (7/27)
    August GW: 199 (I know that's ambitious, and I won't be too sad if I miss it. But too hard to resist reaching ONEderland when it's so close!)

8/3: 207.7 (-3.2)
    8/10: 205.9 (-1.8)
    8/17: 205.2 (-0.7)
    8/24: 201.5 (-3.7)
    8/31:

I think the large loss might be making up for the low loss the previous week, due to starting a new exercise routine. This week's pre-made lunch option is salad. I'm a little worried it may be a little too low calorie to sustain me through the work day. If I'm starving by the end of the day I'll have to see what I can add to give it a little more substance for the rest of the week (maybe half a sandwich or fruit?).
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @IsETHome - welcome back! Those are great goals.
  • aliciap0116
    aliciap0116 Posts: 231 Member
    Hi everyone, I feel like I have been a downer on this thread over the past few weeks/months, so I hesitated to share this. But it is a good article on CV and the impact of obesity. Although I expected it to make me more fearful and anxious, the end of the article actually motivated me to get on my exercise bike this afternoon. We can make a difference in how our bodies would respond if we were to contract the virus and it should be one more reason we make a better food choice or take a few more steps to better health.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/obesity-coronavirus-risk-lose-weight/2020/08/21/1de03bbc-e187-11ea-8dd2-d07812bf00f7_story.html
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    edited August 2020
    speyerj wrote: »
    And I have some good news about that wrinkly skin too. After I lost about 70 pounds I had some serious bat wings on my arms. There was extra skin and extra subcutaneous fat pulling it down. I was afraid that if I ever wanted to look good in a sleeveless dress, I'd have to have surgery. But now that I am down 115 pounds the bat wings are gone. I lost the fat that was weighing down and stretching out the extra skin. If I hold my arms in a certain position, you can still see the wrinkly skin - it looks like a wrinkled cotton sheet, but most of the time, it looks perfectly normal. So there's hope for my little pouch that hangs down over my abdomen too. As the fat shrinks, there's less to pull down the skin. It's still puckered and wrinkly and there's a small overhang but nothing like there was 2 months ago. So I have hope that one day, it might be gone altogether.

As someone who is going to have a lot of loose skin when I'm done, that gives me hope. I was thinking that in addition to the tummy tuck (I need to have my abs put back together, so there's going to be some surgery anyway) that I'd need underarm work and some work on my inner thighs, too. Hopefully I won't.

I've had some of those mirror moments, but then I put on size 16 jeans and remind myself that I couldn't even have pulled them up over my thighs this time last year. And today I was wearing an old shirt to clean in and it kept billowing to a degree where I recognized that it's way too large now, I need to just let it go.

Today was really hot and humid, and it stayed hot and humid well into the evening, and Boyfriend got worn out before we could walk and so went to bed. I don't want to walk without him, and it's dark now and I don't have anything reflective to wear, so I have to skip it tonight. But I'm really enjoying walking with him and just moving. I never thought I'd say that.

We wound up just getting sandwiches from the local place down the street (support local small businesses!) and as I plated the food up, it occured to me that a year ago I would have had the entire sandwich, a serving of french fries or onion rings, and a piece of cake, and would have washed it all down with at least 24 ounces of iced tea. Today I knew I could only manage a half sandwich, had it with a single-serving bag of chips, and when I was done I had only room for two swallows of water to rinse my mouth. That's a definite change in capacity. Anymore about a half hour before I eat I slow down on my water consumption so that I can have enough capacity to actually eat the calories I have planned, and if I have something a little bulkier like a salad I have to not drink with it. I can live with this for now, and eventually I'll get to eat more, but for now, this is okay, and actually helps me.

• astroamy wrote: »
    It's been a stressful couple days but I am managing to sticking to what I had planned on eating, I just haven't been getting as much exercise as I had planned. I am trying to stay positive about it. I am not stress eating, so that is a victory. I am trying not to feel bad about the reduced amount of exercise. This will pass.

ST: 233.6
    CW: 226.6
    # days on mfp and following the plan: 15

I've lost forty pounds this year, 25 of them since March, and since March I haven't exercised. Don't worry, it can be done.
  • motivatedsister
    @CupcakeCrusoe Glad your baby girl is doing better. I hope your stress load is lighter this week!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @KeriA Good luck with your job interview! And congrats on your daughter's graduation!
  • MuttiNM
    MuttiNM Posts: 240 Member
    @bluffgirl67 So sorry to hear you're having a difficult time. I can't imagine how hard this must be for you. As you said, finding the card must have been bittersweet. How amazing your Momma had done that ahead of time for you. Sending you prayers.
  • motivatedsister
    @eliezalot and @KeriA I know! I only weigh once a week, so hopefully whenever I finally reach ONEderland I'll continue the downward trajectory and won't ever see that uptick since I don't weigh daily. Lol at least one could hope right?