Extremeish weight fluctuation?

13»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member

You incorrect; I am abdominally obese. As I mentioned in my original post, I am Asian, and for some reason, we are abdominally obese at smaller measurements than other people. This link from Harvard Medical states that 80 cm is where one becomes abdominally obese. This is 31.4961 inches according to Google's conversion. My waist is 32, and therefore, by definition and waist measurement, I am abdominally obese.

The World Health Organization also states "Chinese and South Asian men and women display a greater amount of visceral adipose
    tissue for a given waist circumference than Europeans (Lear et al., 2007b). Similarly, a
    higher percentage of body fat across a range of waist circumference values has been
    documented in East Asia (Kagawa et al., 2007)." (page 10 of the linked document above)

I have been trying strength training as mentioned before, but again, as I have said before, we do not have weights. I am using YouTuber workouts.

You're abdominally obese by roughly half an inch.

You said on a different thread that your period is 11 days late, which might account for some bloating and water weight. Did you have an honest discussion with your doctor?

I was "abdominally obese" by waist to hip ratio when I was 20lbs underweight and still am. It is NOT valid for those at low BMIs or with narrow hips.

@stargirlhorse ^^^ please discuss your concerns with a doctor. I often google medical issues, but then I follow up with a medical professional.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    edited August 2020

I've never been to the gyno and probably should but, y'know, corona. I'll remember to ask if there's something up with my uterus or if it's just fat. (Also, I've heard horror stories about these things called "pap smears" which make me want to stay away.)
    hipari wrote: »
    Pap smears aren’t usually bad. A couple of months I was chatting about the covid test with a group of girls (maybe 6-8 girls) and referred to my testing experience as the worst labwork I’ve ever had done. One of the girls went ”worse than pap smear?!?”, everyone else’s reaction was ”???????” Since it doesn’t usually hurt in any way. It’s been years since my last smear, but I don’t recall it being that different from putting on a tampon. (Yes, I currently have a referral to get one but covid is postponing non-critical appointments.)

As soon as the covid situation clears enough to make it safe, go see a gyno. Your health is important and pap smears should be done regularly. Yeah, it’s not fun to have someone down there, but it’s not bad either, and it’s kinda like getting your teeth checked: it’s not very pleasant, but if you don’t do it you’re letting problems grow until they become really freakin’ awful to deal with.

Taking care of your health is a full body experience, not just about waistlines or appearances.

@stargirlhorse not sure if the pap smear "horror stories" were about the actual collection of cells, which I never thought was any big deal, or the whole experience of being on a GYN exam table, again, not a big deal, but perhaps rather off-putting the first time.

Also, I'm seeing on various sites that you don't need to start getting pap smears until you are 21. I'm pretty sure I was younger, but that was a long time ago ;)
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Ive been thinking about you and, frankly, I’m I little worried about you. You mentioned that you are 13 days late. How regular is your menstrual cycle? I know when I was your age, I fluctuated quite a bit. As I got older, I became like clockwork. If you are typically more regular and your period hasn’t started within the next week, then make an appointment with a doctor.

The delayed period could be a result of all the stress and pressure you are putting on yourself.

Take care