13»

Replies

• la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    imktz1pbnned.png
  • southamericafit
    southamericafit Posts: 2 Member
    8u6lzji65nlw.jpeg

My first time in this community Hello to everyone :) - I have been on and off myfitnesspal for a longtime always up and down on food not on working out.

Working out since March has really been a no go with the closure of gyms.....

This month I have been working on my food and trying other methods of exercising but I have to admit I am really missing the gym. I am getting there. Lisa <3
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    My goals this month:

1. Get off the sugar. I didn't do a bloodtest for a long time, but I recognize the signs - being more parched than normal and getting dizzy if I don't eat regularly.@l4a_p: let's do this !
    2. Current weight: 73.0 - goal weight by the end of the month: 71.0 - Which is EXACTLY the same as last months. Boy, how did I get so good at maintaining suddenly???
    3. Get my yearly steps back to goal, which means around 80K to 100K a week

03/08: 73.0
    04/08: 73.1 - I did resist the sugar temptation
    05/08: 73.0
    06/08: 72.7 - yeah baby:smiley:

*** hit by a major heatwave causing a brainfry ***

17/08: 73.0

*** hit by some personal troubles***

25/08: 74.0

What can I say: "Life got in the way"? I find this such a lame expression. We all have life and it comes with all kinds of troubles and issues. The problem is that I deal with it with food. Hearth warming and comfy food. I know I shouldn't, but I also felt that with everything else going on, I just couldn't focus. Didn't log for a few days, and I've lost my 500+ day streak.
    Also, I don't get any leeway by exercising: diving is still off limits, I can't do any strength exercises because of my frozen shoulder and the weather has gone from heatwave to fall storms, preventing walking.

So here I am getting started again. I've pulled on my best jeans which are now uncomfortably tight hoping that will be a constant reminder that I need to do something.

• Emmie112
    Emmie112 Posts: 121 Member
    36, 5’3
    April SW: 146
    June 2: 138
    July 4: 135
    Aug: 134-135
    GW: 110

I’ve been MIA for weeks but I’m still in this! I got a really bad stomach bug after eating oysters. I took a break from working out and stayed in maintenance a bit longer. Plus I was working on the house renos and didn’t have the energy to get up early to workout.

I hit a big milestone with our house renos over the weekend. Our new floors are installed and we finished painting most of the house. It was refreshing to deep clean the entire house of all the renovation dust. We still have a lot of work to do on the house. But the dirty parts is over! It's been months since we've been living in drywall dust.

I’m ready to focus on me! I started with pampering myself with a at home facial scrub, taming my brows and a mani/pedi. Tomorrow I'll restart my workouts and runs. I feel like a new woman!
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    August has not been kind on the scale for me (my own fault). I have committed to getting more active again, and am working my morning alarms back slowly (I am NOT naturally a morning person), and have been up early enough to be at the barn consistently the past week.

Unfortunately, slight increase in activity and as usual, my body reacts by holding every ounce of water LOL - but I will take some baseline measurements again tomorrow so I can also track that way.

What I really need to do is track my food, which I have not been doing with anything that resembles consistency :/
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    53, 5'5"
    CW: 139
    GW: 129
    Aug GW: 135

Goal 1: Drink more water
    Goal 2: Start body weight exercises at work 3x a week
    Goal 3: Walk at least 3 times a week at home.

8/3: 139 Today is my daughters birthday so, as requested, there will be Oreo Ice Cream cake! Probably won't weigh in tomorrow.
    8/5: 138.4 Finally going on vacation 8/14! I'm going to use that as motivation to stay on track for the next 9 days so I can have some fun and not worry about what I'm eating and drinking while i'm gone!
    8/12: 139 Oh well, still not going to worry about what I eat or drink while on vacation! Ha!
    8/19: 143 Worth it, weather during my vacation was perfect and my best friend and I laughed till it hurt, ate amazing seafood, relaxed on the beach and made some fun memories!
    8/27: 141.4 Vacation weight gain is not falling off like I hoped it would. Haha! I realized I need a workout goal to motivate me, so my sister and I are training for an actual in person 5k Nov 21! So excited!
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    47, 5’2”
    CW:113.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 20.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Light & Hydrate!
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: OTF 5x week
    Goal #4: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

08/3 113, 20.4%
    08/5 111.2, 20.4%
    08/6 111, 20.2%
    8/13 111, 20.4%
    8/21 113
    I haven't weighed myself in 4ever!

I start FMLA tomorrow.
    My kids started today and I am so anxious to find out if they are doing okay...
    I checked in with my girl if she made it in class and "met" her counselors etc. Sounds like she's on top of it but she still sounds nervous.
    I know I made the right choice to go FMLA and help support her IEP. It will be a change for me since I haven't stopped working for over 14yrs! (took a break when I had my son 14 yrs ago)
    But I have lots to do and it maybe a good time to look for other options anyway.

Will keep up with workouts and now I will have more time to make good food at home!
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    I know I made the right choice to go FMLA and help support her IEP.
    @weatherking2019 what do the acronyms mean? (from Canada here)
  • weatherking2019
    canadjineh wrote: »
    I know I made the right choice to go FMLA and help support her IEP.
    @weatherking2019 what do the acronyms mean? (from Canada here)

Family and Medical Leave Act
    The FMLA entitles eligible employees of covered employers to take unpaid, job-protected leave for specified family and medical reasons with continuation of group health insurance coverage under the same terms and conditions as if the employee had not taken leave. Eligible employees are entitled to:

Twelve workweeks of leave in a 12-month period for:
    the birth of a child and to care for the newborn child within one year of birth;
    the placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care and to care for the newly placed child within one year of placement;
    to care for the employee’s spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition;
    a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the essential functions of his or her job;
    any qualifying exigency arising out of the fact that the employee’s spouse, son, daughter, or parent is a covered military member on “covered active duty;” or
    Twenty-six workweeks of leave during a single 12-month period to care for a covered servicemember with a serious injury or illness if the eligible employee is the servicemember’s spouse, son, daughter, parent, or next of kin (military caregiver leave).
  • tracimckinney
    tracimckinney Posts: 79 Member
    Congrats @_vicky2291 on the weight loss and getting back into those jeans!

53, 5'5"
    CW: 139
    GW: 129
    Aug GW: 135

Goal 1: Drink more water
    Goal 2: Start body weight exercises at work 3x a week
    Goal 3: Walk at least 3 times a week at home.

8/3: 139 Today is my daughters birthday so, as requested, there will be Oreo Ice Cream cake! Probably won't weigh in tomorrow.
    8/5: 138.4 Finally going on vacation 8/14! I'm going to use that as motivation to stay on track for the next 9 days so I can have some fun and not worry about what I'm eating and drinking while i'm gone!
    8/12: 139 Oh well, still not going to worry about what I eat or drink while on vacation! Ha!
    8/19: 143 Worth it, weather during my vacation was perfect and my best friend and I laughed till it hurt, ate amazing seafood, relaxed on the beach and made some fun memories!
    8/27: 141.4 Vacation weight gain is not falling off like I hoped it would. Haha! I realized I need a workout goal to motivate me, so my sister and I are training for an actual in person 5k Nov 21! So excited!
    8/31: 141.8 Really didn't think I would finish August almost 7 pounds up from my goal weight, but I'm changing up my goals and finally feel like I'm getting back on track.
  • weatherking2019
    47, 5’2”
    CW:113.0
    GW: 107
    CBF: 20.4 %
    Goal BF%: 19%

Goal #1: Eat Light & Hydrate!
    Goal #2: Limit drinks on weekend!
    Goal #3: OTF 5x week
    Goal #4: Don't Stress!!
    ** take self progress pics.

08/3 113, 20.4%
    08/5 111.2, 20.4%
    08/6 111, 20.2%
    8/13 111, 20.4%
    8/21 113
    8/31 114, 21.4%!!!

THis is like all time high. I mean I haven't seen this kind of # in a while... shocked.
    Anyway, it's okay. I started FMLA and did well on my 1st day. LOT less stressed and good to see my kids doing ok with remote learning.
    I signed up for morning OTF tomorrow to see what it's like. And I also signed up for Dri Tri for end of September. Gotta gear up! 2000 meter row, bunch of floor stuff then 5k on treads.

Ummm time for September thread, anyone??
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    (thanks @weatherking2019 ) :D