No real weight loss for 4 months - advice?

Options
2»

Replies

• mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    I had four weeks in a row where I went down 0.2 lbs each week. I found it highly frustrating. But then it also occurred to me that I was constipated (drinking 60-72 oz water daily, taking Metamucil daily, etc, measuring and logging everything faithfully, but restricting calories does do this for me) and I dealt with that by adding chia seeds and ground flaxseed to my daily meal and went down almost 2 lbs the following week. Sounds gross, but that can happen when restricting calories as well (I suspect it's the cutting almost out of fat - fatty foods and oils having the opposite effect).
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing the food you are scanning? Weight of packaged food can be off. Example bread that is supposed to be 41g for 2 slices is often 47 to 49g.

Beyond that, have you been checked for any medical reasons that may influence your weight loss? Thyroid, or PCOS?

I never thought to weigh the pre-portioned package stuff actually, I've just trusted the manufacturers. Didn't know it could be off by that much!

I did get tested for underactive thyroid a few years ago but it was normal at the time. I've wondered if I've got PCOS for a while but haven't had it checked.

Yep, if you really want to figure this out, commit to weighing out your portion of every darn thing you possibly can for at least the next 4 weeks. When you scan or search, double check the calories in the entry to your package. And do a gut check that you are logging every single thing - beverages, condiments, cooking oil, cooking nibbles, etc.

Log like it's a professional science experiment you're doing for awhile and I bet you'll find your problem. Hang in there :drinker:
  • Marchmallow
    Marchmallow Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help everyone, I'll try weighing the pre-packaged stuff and check the MFP entries against the packaging. That could be it. :)