Aug Check In

124

Replies

  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,965 Member
    Name: Kathryn
    Age: 52
    Height: 5'4"
    Total Weight lost: ~80 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2 years 3 months
    How long in maintenance: I called maintenance in July 2016, but I continued to slowly lose until December of 2017. I have been in maintenance since December 2017
    Maintenance weight range: 115 - 120 lbs

    Average weight recorded from 2018: 118.8
    Average weight recorded from 2019: 115.2

    Average weight recorded from January: 114.2
    Average weight recorded from February: 113.6
    Average weight recorded from March 113.3
    Average weight recorded from April: 113.7
    Average weight recorded from May: 113.8
    Average weight recorded from June: 113.7
    Average weight recorded from July: 113.6


    Week of..
    Aug 2: 113.4 scale/ 113.3 trend
    Aug 9: 111.6 scale/ 113.1 trend
    Aug 16: 112.2 scale/ 113.0 trend
    Aug 23: 111.0 scale/ 112.9 trend
    Aug 30



    Success/Struggles: It was another stressful week. My dad was doing well and had moved to an inpatient rehab facility after breaking his hip. But then he has an upper GI bleed so he has been moved back to the hospital.  Both of my kids came in this weekend and it was the first time in over a year that we were all together.  So that was nice. But when they left my son took his corgi (that we have been dog sitting for over a year) back home with him.  So that was hard. I thought I would probably overeat this week,  but between the heat and the stress I actually haven't eaten as much as I need to and my weight is a little lower than I want it to be.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,955 Member
    ]Name: Maddie
    Age: 64
    Height: 68.5”
    Total weight lost: 78.1
    Total wt lost at maintenance: 70-78 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2-3/4 years
    How long in maintenance: almost 2 years!!
    Maintenance weight range: “In the 150’s”

    Average wt. recorded from 2018: 168
    Average weight recorded for 2019: 155
    Avg. wt recorded for 2020 (so far):! 158.1

    2020:
    Average wt recorded from January: 159.5
    Average weight recorded from February: 159
    Average weight recorded from March: 158.7
    Average weight recorded from April: 157.5
    Average weight recorded from May: 157.6
    Average weight recorded for June: 157.1
    Average weight recorded for July: 157.9

    Average weight recorded for August (Mid month) 157.6
    Average weight recorded for September
    Average weight recorded for Oct
    Average weight recorded for Nov
    Average weight recorded for Dec

    Week of..
    Aug 2 - 159 😳
    Aug 9 - 157.94 ✅😄
    Aug 16 - 156.9 ✅😁
    Aug 23 - 157.37✅😃
    Aug 30

    Successes:
    Avg wt back to April’s!

    Successfully Reduced my calories to adjust to lower exercise burn. Realized food wouldn’t fix it.

    Fostered positive attitude & kept with my habits (as best I could)

    Continued all my tracking.

    Struggles:
    I felt a little out of control due to sadness over burning forests/parks/communities I love. The unhealthy smoke in the air has hampered exercise. Today it’s bad enough that it’s in the house too. But I have overcome each of these because I never want to diet again. 😉

    In summary, a more successful week than it felt like while I was doing it!
  • Luciicul
    Luciicul Posts: 415 Member
    Name: Luciicul
    Age: 41
    Height: 169 cm (5'7")
    Total weight lost: 55.4 kg (122 lbs)
    Time it took to lose: 11 months
    How long in maintenance: 7 months (06/01/20)
    Maintenance weight range: 63-66 kg (139-145.5lbs)

    Monthly Averages:
    Jan 2020 average = 64.9 kgs (143.1 lbs)
    Feb 2020 average = 65.1 kgs (143.5 lbs)
    Mar 2020 average = 66.5 kgs (146.6 lbs)
    Apr 2020 average = 65.7 kgs (144.8 lbs)
    May 2020 average = 64.9 kgs (143.0 lbs)
    Jun 2020 average = 64.1 kgs (141.1 lbs)
    Jul 2020 average = 64.6 kgs (142.4 lbs)

    Week of..
    Aug 2 - 64.6 kgs (142.4 lbs)
    Aug 9 - 65.7 kgs (144.8 lbs)
    Aug 16- 65.0 kgs (143.3 lbs)
    Aug 23- 64.5 kgs (142.2 lbs)
    Aug 30

    Challenges / Successes
    Have been a bit unwell this week, spent a couple days lying in bed and on the couch, and finding it hard to feel motivated to do anything. Good news is my weight is still in the maintenance zone.

  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    Name: missperfectpitch
    Height: 5'4"
    Total weight lost: About 43 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 1 year and 2 months
    How long in maintenance: I hit my goal weight in the beginning of January 2018, but officially started maintenance in mid-March 2018 after figuring out my calories for a couple of months.
    Maintenance weight range: 108-112.5
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 109.8
    Average weight recorded for 2019 (12 months): 111.2

    Average weight recorded for January: 111.9
    Average weight recorded for February: 111.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 110.3
    Average weight recorded from April: 109.7
    Average weight recorded for May: 110.9
    Average weight recorded for June: 112.3
    Average weight recorded for July: 112.7

    Week of..
    Aug 1: 112.7 (trend 112.7)
    Aug 8: 113.5 (trend 113.1)
    Aug 15: 112.8 (trend 112.9)
    Aug 22: 112.8 (trend 112.8)
    Aug 29:

    Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I went on a nice ~5 mile walk around a park over the weekend and managed to get in 21k steps for the day. It was nice to explore a new park I hadn't been to before, and this was the most daily steps I've gotten since mid-July.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,703 Member
    Name Lesley
    Age: 69
    Height: 155 cm (5’ 1”)
    Total weight lost: 22.5 kg (approx. 50 lb)
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 15 months
    Maintenance weight range: 48 – 51 kg (106 – 112 lbs)

    Average weight recorded from 2018: max 72.5 kg in July, 56 kg in Dec
    Average weight 2019: 49.8 kg – reached goal weight in April, average since then 48.7 kg

    Average weight recorded in December 2019: 48.6 kg (107 lb)
    Average weight recorded for January: 49.8 kg (110 lb)
    Average weight recorded for February: 51.2 kg (113 lb)
    Average weight recorded for March: 50.6 kg (112 lb)
    Average weight recorded for April: 50.1 kg (110.5 lb)
    Average weight recorded for May: 49.1 kg (108 lb)
    Average weight recorded for June: 48.4 kg (107 lb)
    Average weight recorded for July: 48.3 kg (106.5 lb)


    August 3rd: 47.7 kg (trend 48.3)
    August 10th: 48.4 kg (trend 48.3)
    August 17th: 49.3 kg (trend 48.6)
    August 24th: 48.4 kg (trend 48.7)
    August 31st:

    Successes/struggles: Last week was supposed to be a quiet one but it didn’t turn out that way, and I had several meals out (including wine with meals when my sister was visiting). Yesterday the scale spiked at 49.5 kg but this morning it had dropped by over a kg!
    Looking back over the trend line I can see it has been 49 kg or less since early June so maintenance is working.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,703 Member
    @Leezy55

    Apologies for taking so long to reply to your query, I’ve had a busy week.
    It’s a long story but, I have struggled with my weight all my adult life. I topped out at over 12 stone (about 170 lbs) about 20 years ago, got my act together by joining Weightwatchers and lost about a third of that. I was then fairly successful at maintaining for a long time (quite a bit of yo-yo-ing kept in check by joining a weight loss group run as a Rosemary Conley diet and fitness club). But when I retired in 2015 I lost my mojo and gained steadily for 3 years. Lots of reasons for it but no excuses, it happened in spite of knowing perfectly well how weight management works.

    I had a couple of health issues in the first half of 2018, had a free NHS Healthcheck in July and was told I was obese (BMI 30.2, but waist measurement quite awful!), also that my cholesterol was raised. It gave me the kick up the b*** that I needed so I re-joined MFP and got down to it.

    Being retired has pros and cons when it comes to a healthy lifestyle and weight loss. On the plus side it meant I could go back to Waterobics classes which were held in the day time, I could go to the gym in the day time when it’s not too busy, I could go out on my bike in the daylight etc. The difficulties were mainly related to the social life – we have lots of holiday, days out, evenings with friends, family visits etc.

    I found that trying to have a daily calorie allowance didn’t work very well, I look at weekly totals, monthly averages etc. I kept to a very strict allowance when I was at home, allowing a leeway for holidays. I would have a few very strict days if I was going out for the day then I could relax and enjoy the day out. I always requested “no chips” when eating out, avoided the creamy desserts and so on.

    Even now that I’m maintaining I still have to be very careful, as a little old lady my BMR is under 1000, and even ticking “moderately active” only earns me about 1400 calories a day. I do a lot of exercise – bike riding, cardio routines on Utube etc. I’m considering going back to the Sports Centre for swimming, possibly even the gym.

    As far as macros go, I only look at calories, protein and fibre. I eat a large quantity and variety of fresh veg and a quite a lot of fruit. I find that if you have quite a strict calorie allowance the fat and carbs take care of themselves. I do aim for a high fibre count. I also track my calcium intake as I was diagnosed with osteopenia in early 2018 (one of the health issues that led to a lecture on diet and exercise.)
    I try to aim at quite a high protein intake as I need to protect my strength as I age. I have lean meat and fish for protein supplemented a bit with protein bars occasionally.

    This is a long reply but I hope it was useful.
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    @lesdart180


    Thank you Lesley so much for your reply. It appears that you do not get obsessed with the day to day calculations which is good and I try to make it more natural as well without getting obsessed.

    I had the opposite effect when I retired in 12/2013 gained like 35 lbs! I kept busy with travel and cycling, hiking...but I guess it was not the equivalent of pounding the pavement in sales!

    So here I am, just lost most of what I gained since quiting work, now for what I had gained the previous 5 years.

    You lost 50 lbs in 9 months to get to gw! That is a tremendous accomplishment! An average of 5.5 lbs per month.

    I am not to familiar with BMR or TDEE so I looked it up and geez now I'm really confused. So BMR is what I should be eating to maintain or to lose? So you averaged 1,000 calories a day to lose? I am in northern California so with sheltering in place, raging fires and thick smoke my activity level is comatose!

    I just want to lose 40 lbs in 9 months! I'm trying with 1,200 calories and uping the protein, like you I have to add protein drinks which fortunately I like.

    Glad you got your mojo back! I'm kind of getting mine now!











  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,965 Member
    @Leezy55 Your BMR is what you would burn if you stayed in bed all day with literally no activity. Your TDEE is your total daily energy expenditure, so that is your BMR plus your usual daily activity and your usual exercise. If you use MFP to get your calorie goal then mfp uses NEAT which is your BMR plus daily activity level NOT including exercise. So if you use MFP's number then you add exercise separately and eat those extra calories. The TDEE includes your daily activity plus your usual exercise. IMO it is best to use TDEE if your exercise is very consistent. If it isn't and you just exercise occasionally then the NEAT method is good. Either way you don't take the deficit from the BMR and unless you literally are comatose then you should be eating more than BMR.
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,703 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Leezy55
    When I put my stats into MFP it gave me 1200 cals per day, (that's the least that mfp will allow) which is a very small deficit for me unless I can do lots of exercise. But I used weekly totals or running totals so I might have a couple of days under 1200, combined with eating out one day, which might come in at 1600 or more (estimating restaurant meals is very difficult). Which would average 1,200, but you can have more if you exercise.
  • 2100k30
    2100k30 Posts: 14 Member
    Name: Christine
    Age: 63
    Height: 5' 1"
    Total weight lost: lbs.
    Time it took to lose: Started (earnestly) May 28, 2020



    Week of..
    Aug 3: 196.6
    Aug 10: 196.6
    Aug 17: 194.7
    Aug 24: 192.7
    Aug 31:



    Success: Have been pretty good at not succumbing to my urge to eat poorly. Eating fruit instead of chips or sweets seems to be working well to quell my desire for something really, really bad.

    Struggles: I keep thinking I need to start exercising but am resisting because I don't want to see that initial muscle weight gain.
  • 425Recess
    425Recess Posts: 260 Member
    Name: Lorrraine
    Age: 72
    Height: 5'4"
    Total weight lost: 50 lb.
    Time it took to lose: Over years with ups/downs
    How long in maintenance: at current weight ~3 years - Was on maintenance for 7 years at 125 lbs.
    Maintenance weight range: 115 +/- 2 lbs.
    Average weight recorded from 2018: Don't have the recorded number but stayed at goal.
    Average weight recorded from 2019: 114.5

    Average weight recorded for August:114.5
    Average weight recorded for September:114.5
    Average weight recorded for Oct:114.5
    Average weight recorded for Nov:114.5
    Average weight recorded for Dec: 115
    Average weight recorded for January: 115
    Average weight recorded for February: 115
    Average weight recorded for March: 115.5
    Average weight recorded for April:116.1
    Average weight recorded for May 115.2
    Average weight recorded for June:115.1
    Average weight recorded for July:114.5

    Aug 3: 113.5
    Aug 10: 113.5
    Aug 17: 114.0
    Aug 24: 114.5

    Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week:
    Looking at my weight on weigh-in day, it looks like I have been gaining a little each week. I don't think I really am. It just so happens that today, I am up a little. I'm not going to sweat it since I'm still a tiny bit below my goal. My weight (for me) was doing some swinging this week, all the way down to 113 which rarely happens. I don't seem to mine when I'm a tiny bit under but hate it when I'm a tiny bit over. 😊
  • speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    @2100k30 -
    2100k30 wrote: »
    Struggles: I keep thinking I need to start exercising but am resisting because I don't want to see that initial muscle weight gain.

    Hi Christine,

    It's a common misconception that exercise causes weight gain because of the adage we often hear, "Muscle weighs more than fat". While it's true that muscle is more dense than fat, it's also true that it takes months of intentional strength training to build muscle. We are talking about 6 months of consistent training to build up just 5 pounds of lean body weight - and that's while eating at a surplus, not a deficit. So when people experience weight gains after starting an exercise program, its not because they added muscle. Sudden weight gain after starting a new exercise routine is caused by water retention. And it is completely temporary. You just need to give it a week or two for your body to adapt.

    But it's also true, that you can lose and maintain your weight without exercise.

    Based on what you wrote, it sounds like you are starting a weight loss regimen and are not on maintenance. While this thread is meant to track maintenance, it's totally great that you are here - you have the advantage of getting advice from folks who already traveled down the road you are now on.

    If you are just starting out with eating at a deficit, sometimes just concentrating on getting your food intake right is plenty for the time being. When I started losing weight that's all I did for the first 2 months. And it really worked. But I do recommend adding exercise, especially strength training at some point in the near future. Because as we age we lose muscle and when we eat at a deficit, we lose both muscle and fat at pretty much the same rate if we aren't doing something to help us retain our muscle while we lose fat. At the end of the day, you want to lose fat, not just weight.
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    edited August 2020
    @kgirlhart

    At my current weight 158 mfp has me at 1,200 c with .7 loss per week.
    My bmr at 158 is the same 1,200. At my goal weight my bmr is 1,000.

    Our temps have been 100-109 with fires and smoke. Even my smoke detector has been going off. We keep the thermostst at 79 to prevent blackouts. And the reality is I really don't do much at home. Maybe 2 hrs of cleaning and 1 hr of shopping per wk. So just reading ebooks for now. I'm all about going out which isn't happening for awhile. My point is not much daily activity.

    I spin 3 days a week for 30 min and walk a couple days a wk. So not much expenditure there.

    So if things continue as is, my limits are 1,200 now and lowering to 1,000 when i reach goal? When conditions improve with the weather and virus and my activity level increases i can increase calories?

    I know conditions are not going to last forever but it sure feels like it right now.



  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    edited August 2020
    speyerj wrote: »
    @2100k30 -
    2100k30 wrote: »
    Struggles: I keep thinking I need to start exercising but am resisting because I don't want to see that initial muscle weight gain.

    Hi Christine,

    It's a common misconception that exercise causes weight gain because of the adage we often hear, "Muscle weighs more than fat". While it's true that muscle is more dense than fat, it's also true that it takes months of intentional strength training to build muscle. We are talking about 6 months of consistent training to build up just 5 pounds of lean body weight - and that's while eating at a surplus, not a deficit. So when people experience weight gains after starting an exercise program, its not because they added muscle. Sudden weight gain after starting a new exercise routine is caused by water retention. And it is completely temporary. You just need to give it a week or two for your body to adapt.

    But it's also true, that you can lose and maintain your weight without exercise.

    Based on what you wrote, it sounds like you are starting a weight loss regimen and are not on maintenance. While this thread is meant to track maintenance, it's totally great that you are here - you have the advantage of getting advice from folks who already traveled down the road you are now on.

    If you are just starting out with eating at a deficit, sometimes just concentrating on getting your food intake right is plenty for the time being. When I started losing weight that's all I did for the first 2 months. And it really worked. But I do recommend adding exercise, especially strength training at some point in the near future. Because as we age we lose muscle and when we eat at a deficit, we lose both muscle and fat at pretty much the same rate if we aren't doing something to help us retain our muscle while we lose fat. At the end of the day, you want to lose fat, not just weight.

    Agree completely with all of this, and also agree to encourage you to start exercising for fitness. It also can help mental outlook and health markers. The water weight from tissue repair is real, but it's no big deal. Even doing something as "simple" as walking can really help. Keeping moving does wonders for your mind and body.

    Thanks for putting this out there @speyerj
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,965 Member
    Leezy55 wrote: »
    @kgirlhart

    At my current weight 158 mfp has me at 1,200 c with .7 loss per week.
    My bmr at 158 is the same 1,200. At my goal weight my bmr is 1,000.

    Our temps have been 100-109 with fires and smoke. Even my smoke detector has been going off. We keep the thermostst at 79 to prevent blackouts. And the reality is I really don't do much at home. Maybe 2 hrs of cleaning and 1 hr of shopping per wk. So just reading ebooks for now. I'm all about going out which isn't happening for awhile. My point is not much daily activity.

    I spin 3 days a week for 30 min and walk a couple days a wk. So not much expenditure there.

    So if things continue as is, my limits are 1,200 now and lowering to 1,000 when i reach goal? When conditions improve with the weather and virus and my activity level increases i can increase calories?

    I know conditions are not going to last forever but it sure feels like it right now.



    1200 is the lowest mfp will let you go. If you are under 5' then it might be ok to go lower, but most women will not be able to get all the nutrients they need if they eat under 1200. When you go to maintenance you will increase, not decrease your calories. If you are at a 250 calorie per day deficit then when you enter maintenance you will add 250 calories. So if you are eating 1200 now then you should be able to maintain around 1450. You might even maintain higher if you are able to increase your activity.

    I feel you on the heat. We are having similar temperatures here but not the serious fires and smoke. I hope it improves soon.
  • Leezy55
    Leezy55 Posts: 339 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Leezy55 wrote: »
    @kgirlhart

    At my current weight 158 mfp has me at 1,200 c with .7 loss per week.
    My bmr at 158 is the same 1,200. At my goal weight my bmr is 1,000.

    Our temps have been 100-109 with fires and smoke. Even my smoke detector has been going off. We keep the thermostst at 79 to prevent blackouts. And the reality is I really don't do much at home. Maybe 2 hrs of cleaning and 1 hr of shopping per wk. So just reading ebooks for now. I'm all about going out which isn't happening for awhile. My point is not much daily activity.

    I spin 3 days a week for 30 min and walk a couple days a wk. So not much expenditure there.

    So if things continue as is, my limits are 1,200 now and lowering to 1,000 when i reach goal? When conditions improve with the weather and virus and my activity level increases i can increase calories?

    I know conditions are not going to last forever but it sure feels like it right now.



    1200 is the lowest mfp will let you go. If you are under 5' then it might be ok to go lower, but most women will not be able to get all the nutrients they need if they eat under 1200. When you go to maintenance you will increase, not decrease your calories. If you are at a 250 calorie per day deficit then when you enter maintenance you will add 250 calories. So if you are eating 1200 now then you should be able to maintain around 1450. You might even maintain higher if you are able to increase your activity.

    I feel you on the heat. We are having similar temperatures here but not the serious fires and smoke. I hope it improves soon.

    Thank you for all your help in understanding all this.

    Congratulations on your weight loss and maintenance! I have about 40-45 to go and all these successes really help me keep focused.

    I hope your father is up and well soon.
  • figurethefat
    figurethefat Posts: 1,364 Member
    Age: 63
    Height: 159cm
    Total weight lost: 11kg
    Time it took to lose: Started April 2020
    How long in maintenance: August 2020
    Maintenance weight range: 56-57kg
    Average weight recorded for July: 57.7kg

    Just starting maintenance and weigh-in day for me is Friday

    Week of:
    August 7 -57.1kg
    August 14 - 56.8kg
    August 21 - 56.9kg
    August 28 - 56.7kg

    Struggle: Nothing really too difficult.
    Success: Much more relaxed knowing I don't have to log and keep track everyday as well as weigh. Enjoying food in a more comfortable way.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    Name: missperfectpitch
    Height: 5'4"
    Total weight lost: About 43 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 1 year and 2 months
    How long in maintenance: I hit my goal weight in the beginning of January 2018, but officially started maintenance in mid-March 2018 after figuring out my calories for a couple of months.
    Maintenance weight range: 108-112.5
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 109.8
    Average weight recorded for 2019 (12 months): 111.2

    Average weight recorded for January: 111.9
    Average weight recorded for February: 111.3
    Average weight recorded from March: 110.3
    Average weight recorded from April: 109.7
    Average weight recorded for May: 110.9
    Average weight recorded for June: 112.3
    Average weight recorded for July: 112.7

    Week of..
    Aug 1: 112.7 (trend 112.7)
    Aug 8: 113.5 (trend 113.1)
    Aug 15: 112.8 (trend 112.9)
    Aug 22: 112.8 (trend 112.8)
    Aug 29: 112.5 (trend 112.5)

    Success(es)/struggle(s) of the week: I'm back in range! At the very top of it, but it's progress. My weight fluctuated a lot this week, with a high of 114 and then down to 111.4 yesterday and 111 today. I haven't seen anything in the 111 range since mid-June.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    edited August 2020
    Name: Orphia
    Age: 53
    Height: 176 cm
    Heaviest weight: 98.9 kg
    Total Weight lost: 35 kg
    Time it took to lose: 12 months
    How long in maintenance: Since April 2016 - but gained 10 kg since March 2020 after massive trauma combined with COVID-19.
    Maintenance weight range: 65-75 kg (not sure what’s the right answer)
    Current moving average: 77.4 kg
    Today’s weigh-in: 76.9 kg

    Average weight recorded from 2015 (12 months): 85 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2016 (12 months): 64 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2017 (12 months): 64 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2018 (12 months): 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from 2019 (12 months): 65 kg


    Average weight recorded from December 2019: 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from January 2020: 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from February 2020: 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from March 2020: 65 kg
    Average weight recorded from April 2020: 69 kg
    Average weight recorded from May 2020: 74 kg
    Average weight recorded from June 2020: 75 kg
    Average weight recorded from July 2020: 75 kg
    Average weight recorded from August 2020:


    Average weight Week of...

    July 27 - August 2 ....... 76.0 kg
    August 3 - 9 ................ 75.6 kg
    August 10 - 16 ............74.9 kg
    August 17 - 23 ............ 75.2 kg
    August 24 - 30 ............ 77.4 kg
    August 31 - Sept 6 ......

    Success of the week: Knowing when to rest.

    Struggle of the week: Massive weight jump that persisted due to heavy TOM. Exhausted, too. Two days early on with comfort eating calorie surplus, but some deficits since then.
    The last 2 days my weight is slightly lower, but the week was up around 2-2.5 kg all week. Those sort of weeks mess with your head. I'm hoping the post-TOM whoosh down is just as big as it should be.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Hi! My name is Kristen. And I struggle to maintain my weight. I have had great success losing/gaining, but I'm hoping this group helps me be more accountable. I weigh only 1x week on Sundays, so that's when I'll check in. My 2 goals in 2020 are to not let the scale go above 153 and weigh in EVERY Sunday for the WHOLE YEAR. This seems easy to most, but I get lazy and make excuses why I don't need to weigh in and then all of a sudden everything in my closet has shrunk. LOL

    Age: 41
    Sex: Female
    Height: 5'11"
    Total weight lost: 20 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 2 months
    How long in maintenance: 8 months
    Starting Weight: 164.8 (September 3rd, 2019)
    Goal Weight: 150 (Hit November 8th, 2019)
    Maintenance weight range: 147 - 153

    Average weight recorded for September: 160.1
    Average weight recorded for October: 154.0
    Average weight recorded for November: 149.2
    Average weight recorded for December: 146.4
    Average weight recorded for January: 145.4
    Average weight recorded for February: 143.4
    Average weight recorded for March:
    142.5
    Average weight recorded for April: 143.5
    Average weight recorded for May: 145.7
    Average weight recorded for June: 146.3
    Average weight recorded for July: 148.3

    Week of...
    August 2nd: 150.1 (Trend Weight:149.6)
    August 9th: 147.7 (Trend Weight:148.4)
    August 16th: 145.5 (Trend Weight:146.6)
    August 23rd: 147.5 (Trend Weight:147.2)
    August 30th: 146.6 (Trend Weight:146.8)

    Successes/Struggles: Happy almost September! This summer went too fast! Not much to report this week. Getting ready to host my boyfriend's parents over the holiday weekend. So lots of cleaning and cooking this week.

    I'm good with my current weight trend. Will try and keep it up next month!

    Hope everyone has a great week.