fit is the new skinny

Replies

• Unless the tattoo moved, the 3rd girl is a different one.

self pics taken with a cell phone in a mirror are different than pics taken by someone else of said person. I assure you I am and was the same person in all 3 of the pictures.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Admirable.
    Similar story with me. I was a 70Ib anorexic when I was 18, at 5'11.
    After decades of going up and down, from 118 to 140 and back, and after last year almost getting back into that pattern and hitting a really boney 123Ibs, I am now focussing on fitness, on my boxing, on being lean and defined, and strength. It is still a hard mental battle sometimes, but I am getting there.

Then -

20120814_153240_zpsa5554724.jpg

Now -

20130804_184558_zps96773356.jpg

20130804_183955_zpsee801368.jpg
  • Admirable.
    Similar story with me. I was a 70Ib anorexic when I was 18, at 5'11.
    After decades of going up and down, from 118 to 140 and back, and after last year almost getting back into that pattern and hitting a really boney 123Ibs, I am now focussing on fitness, on my boxing, on being lean and defined, and strength. It is still a hard mental battle sometimes, but I am getting there.

Then -

20120814_153240_zpsa5554724.jpg

Now -

20130804_184558_zps96773356.jpg

20130804_183955_zpsee801368.jpg

VERY happy for you!! Here's to being strong and healthy!!!
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    middle picture looked the best
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,494 Member
    Yeah, I can stare at you all day. Luv ya Bry!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    wait! I didn't see a Bry post till now! I demand to have a TARDIS! :explode:
  • wait! I didn't see a Bry post till now! I demand to have a TARDIS! :explode:

I don't watch that show, but I :heart: me some Mel!!
  • middle picture looked the best

I agree to disagree, but appreciate your opinion. :bigsmile:
  • Yeah, I can stare at you all day. Luv ya Bry!

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Aw shucks... :blushing:
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    I don't know how I missed this, but you are amazing! Truly inspirational.
  • I don't know how I missed this, but you are amazing! Truly inspirational.

thank you so much!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    You are fabulous, thank you for sharing your success. :heart:
  • You are fabulous, thank you for sharing your success. :heart:

you know, before coming to MFP, I never really talked about having been anorexic. But, since, I feel like, if it can help others, then why not? Thank you for your kind words.
  • ThatSoundsHard
    ThatSoundsHard Posts: 475 Member
    This is first post I read this morning, I feel like I should probably just walk away from the forums now 'cause I'm fairly certain I just read the best thing I'm going to read all day.

Amazing.
  • This is first post I read this morning, I feel like I should probably just walk away from the forums now 'cause I'm fairly certain I just read the best thing I'm going to read all day.

Amazing.

you rock my socks! Thank ya kindly! :bigsmile:
  • MrsBobaFett
    MrsBobaFett Posts: 802 Member
    You look fantastic, well done!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    You look truly amazing! Definitely one of my inspirations :)
  • You look fantastic, well done!

thank ya!!
    You look truly amazing! Definitely one of my inspirations :)

:blushing: thank you!!
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    These days, I can tell when something a trigger will hit and put a stop to it, whereas before I had no idea. Education is key. Learn how to spot and stop triggers before they get out of control and you spiral back into the place you worked so hard to come out of.

This is a really important message, and one I hope anyone on the forums who's felt angry or scared when people comment about how many calories they're eating take to heart. As an anorexic in recovery (and sometimes, "recovery" seems like an odd word, because the battle of those triggers and ED patterns is constant) who gained weight from a hormone condition, I find myself so much more aware of what I'm doing to my body in terms of exercise and calories from this forum. An emphasis on fitness over appearance has resulted in me being happier with my appearance (and achieving that appearance) in such a much healthier manner, physically AND mentally.

Striving for a level of fitness over an appearance goal is really an awesome way to live.
  • ktdid626
    ktdid626 Posts: 185 Member
    I totally agree with this topic. :) You look amazing.