Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Exercise Description

nancyharris1948nancyharris1948 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
I am 72 years old, recovering from a broken back weight 65 lb weight loss. I am walking 5 miles some days, pulse over 100 bpm, sweating. Yet, when I look at my exercise evaluation, it describes my exercise as a "leisurely pace." I really resent that assessment.

Replies

• cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,738 Member Member Posts: 30,738 Member
    What is this "exercise evaluation?"

I've never seen that on this site? Are you using a Fitbit or some other device? If so, is that statement from your device?
    edited August 2020
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,738 Member Member Posts: 30,738 Member
    On Myfitnesspal you can record your Exercise manually and name it however you like by creating a new personal exercise entry.

Maybe your MPH just puts you in "leisurely pace" pace? You're still lapping the guy sitting on the couch, so well done.
    edited August 2020
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 24,553 Member Member, Premium Posts: 24,553 Member
    Are you talking about the database entry that defines 2.5 miles per hour as a "leisurely pace"? It's just a generic description of what that will feel like for a hypothetical average person, not a personal dig. If it bothers you, why not create a custom database entry with the same calorie information and use that?

When I run marathons, I sometimes check out my pace afterwards. What is a flatout intense effort for me would be a terrible day for younger or more accomplished runners. You can't let it get to you - what matters is what you get out of it and what the effort is for you.
  • jjlbrickjjlbrick Member Posts: 65 Member Member Posts: 65 Member
    I cycle into howling wind my average speed under 10mph. Leisure cycling. I ride the same distance with wind at back. Not peddling average 16.5. Suddenly I’ve become a racer. This doesn’t upset me too much I never eat all the exercise calories