How did you pick your maintenance weight?

2»

Replies

• katiemcm1125
    katiemcm1125 Posts: 26 Member
    BMI is not a good indicator of health. If you feel healthy and your labs are healthy, you are healthy. BMI is BS.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    The BMI chart is your friend.. just make sure you're at the high end,,.and you're in the healthy range. I chose the middle lower of my BMI. If your turkey neck is not as bad at the top of you BMI.. you could settle there. .lift weights for definition and that will make you look smaller.. you can eat more.. and call it a day.

I did get turkey neck.. I've been getting morpheous 8 treatments. If you have the budget to spend.. they work on the face and body to tighten skin. Minimally invasive.. I have one more treatment to go before I declare a verdict on my neck. However.. my face looks years younger.
  • timgoldfarb88
    timgoldfarb88 Posts: 6 Member
    I am trying to set my maintenance weight at 15% of my max weight, which was 325. Sounds like you were probably better at 205, but your idea of adding muscle to get there is a great idea. Muscle burns more calories than fat and is easier to keep toned and ready. So I encourage you to aim for that and hope that I can get there someday soon.
  • Oliveciabatta
    Oliveciabatta Posts: 294 Member
    I haven't picked it yet. I hope I know when I get there. Its not my lowest that I was in my 20s as I had an ED its not my heaviest from my 30s its somewhere above being banned from giving blood small, and below getting asked if I'm pregnant at the airport check in desk large.