Waist Aways - September 2020 Team Chat

Options

Replies

• SMcFall0215
    SMcFall0215 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    @FatSlayer1016 i soooo feel your pain... we moved from Ohio to Georgia and we are staying in my families basement until I can find a job and we can get the house process finished! My husband started his job (which is why we moved here) 2 days after we got here. I’m on week 3 with nothing! So to say The job search isn’t going the best would be an understatement, however I did FINALLY have a second interview today at a bank so that’s hopeful. Keep your head up things can only get better for both of us. The right job will come along when it’s ment to so don’t beat your self up (I know, easier said than done 🤦🏻‍♀️)..... Sending hugs your way!
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    @Terytha Wow, congratulations and thank you for the tips. I think you are right about the little changes adding up for sure!

@conleywoods Eek, that sounds full on at work. Good luck. Covid just makes everything more stressful doesn't it - we are in a similar situation here and have had a few cases popping up in schools locally. I work with young people and it is just impossible to know what to do for the best right now! :#

• micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    @jugar You are certainly a ball of energy! Yesterday I was in a self made stress ball for a couple of hours.

What are all of you doing that feels like Fall?

So far, drinking pumpkin spice coffee and apple cider. Not together. Took a beautiful walk yesterday to take in all the fall changes. Lots of people in the neighborhood having tree work done. My grand and I decorated the house for fall and we bought a couple pumpkins.

I need to spend some time on my goals. I have pretty much maintained for over six months. I am very loosely logging my food. I’m not intently focused on this. So I’m not really losing. The good news, I guess, is that without really thinking much about it, I’ve maintained. BUT I’m still in the low 190s and that is not even close to where I need to be. I need to lose, at least, 20 more pounds. Ugh. I need novelty. I burn out otherwise.

What do you all do to reinvigorate something you have been doing a long while to give it new spark?
  • micki48
    Options
    @Terytha What great insights about your health journey! Thanks for sharing. I agree. Tiny steps make a difference. You have made so many changes since joining the team. You have inspired me to take a look at my journey as well. I think I have followed your first three phases as well. Maybe not as disciplined though. You truly are inspiring to me and our team. 🙂👏🏼🎉

@conleywoods Wew! You certainly have a lot you are managing. You are an amazing organizer, so I know you’ll manage it. The slight uptick in weight will balance out once your routine eases. Good luck with it all.

@spyro88 Glad you had a great time with your family celebration. It is good to log because often you think you have totally messed up and then it turns out it wasn’t so bad. If you think you’ve gone off track, think small and get yourself right back on track the following minute or meal. Think 🤔 that’s in the past. As I move forward, i will make better choices. You can get back on track. Good for you making that gym appointment. 👏🏼👏🏼
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    offitgoes wrote: »
    PW: 180.6
    CW: 178.6
    Getting back into a routine. Very happy with today's weigh in. :)

wonderful! And you remind me that I am behind on my nagging duties :astonished:

OK folks, report!

@graceojo99
    @evelynladams527
    @PlaneMonkey
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    micki48 wrote: »

I am so excited for fall, it's been pretty chilly here in Boston (although today it's sunny and 75, and I'm not complaining!). I took out all my little fall decorations for my apartment (my birthday is the day before Halloween so I have a lot of stuff like this haha), and I've been burning a candle called "Roasted Acorns" all day while I work. And having some super crisp Mac apples with dinner each night this week!
  • micki48
    Options
    @jugar 17 minutes of Pilates today. 9/22 40 minute moderate walk.

I was thinking about my goals. For the rest of this month, 1 1/2 weeks, my sole/soul goal is to have it be a net loss. I have not had a month with a net loss since, I think, June. So, I will ask myself over and over and over: "What are you willing to do to get to where you want to be?" My answers will be get in those steps, exercise, hold off on that high calorie food/treat, pick a lower calorie one, skip dessert, skip that glass of wine, log that food. Maybe not all on one day, but as much as I can tolerate. I have not been on the scale at all. I am wondering if I can have a loss this week by hunkering down right now through Saturday weigh in???? We shall see...stay tuned.

offitgoes wrote: »
    PW: 180.6
    CW: 178.6
    Getting back into a routine. Very happy with today's weigh in. :)

Fantastic loss! Clearly, back into the routine. Way to go!

@PlaneMonkey Look at you, nice loss again. Keep it up. We are so glad you are here.

@Kali225 Decorating and lighting my pumpkin spice candle gets me in a good mood too. These cooler days help as well. Oct. 30th, my mom's birthday too. Happy almost birthday month! I may go have an apple and some peanut butter since it's been mentioned a couple of times.
  • YinxFed
    YinxFed Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Steps and Exercise 22nd September

Steps - 2156
    Exercise - 26 mins Yoga
  • jugar
    Options
    Guess what?

There are 99 days left of 2020 - that's 98 days for our friends over on the other side of the world!

u1mdie0p1c82.png

Let's make them count! Look ahead - what goals do you have? What do you want to include in every day that helps get you there?
  • jugar
    Options
    only a small amount of pestering tonight -

Send me numbers, nom nom nom -
    @evelynladams527 (today? tomorrow? or taking a break?)
    @eggfreak (Thursday)
    @conleywoods (Thursday)
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    CW 186 blah. Too much eating for non-hunger issues and fighting perfectionist tendencies. It’s a long list!
    Sorry I’ve been absent. I’ve missed you!
    I’ve been swamped and a bit crazier with school and studying and all that Jazz. I’m going to shift gears & take a break. Getting things ready around here before winter sets in will help and we also need to prepare for S’s likely hernia surgery. First appointment with surgeon tomorrow...if you prefer leaving this last weigh in off to keep the group numbers in better order, that’s okay.
    More after we have some firm dates.
    Xoxo
  • CanadianGiraffe
    CanadianGiraffe Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Making gallons of apple sauce!!

This discussion has been closed.