• Cafelelia
    Cafelelia Posts: 1,298 Member
    Cafelelia
    Week 5
    Friday
    PW - 145.5
    CW 144.4
    LTD - 24.4 lbs
    Very pleased to have lost this week, especially because of the crackers and chocolate incident. Life happens and that’s ok. IF seems to really be helping and also feels good too. I have not really thought about October goals, but will do that today and post on our new thread on Sunday. I have 6 lbs or so to go for goal. It feels like not much and a lot all at the same time!

I hope that everybody has a great Friday and great weekend!

@minstrelofsarcasm - Hope that you are feeling ok, and that you get your test results soon. Big hug

@1theresamcvean - I am very happy for you that the non-student left. I hope that this experience does not stop you from doing future home stays as you really enjoy them. I don’t host home stays at this point in our lives, but we often host non-Canadians for various holidays. It is a tradition that my husband’s family started as my FIL was a professor and taught a lot of foreign grad students. One of our best Christmases involved hosting Indian friends who had never seen a “Canadian” Christmas. I remember them just staring at the Christmas tree the entire time!

@ljdanny - I am so sorry that you are experiencing family issues and may have to delay your surgery. Just do what is best for you and your family right now. My vote it that you get the bike that you want. The cold weather is coming and I think it is important to have exercise equipment that you like.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    Week 4

Pw: 151.0
    Cw: 149.0

Ltd: 23 pounds

18-20 more to go!

@sleepymom5 Hugs to you, so sorry for your loss.
  • lenka1
    lenka1 Posts: 295 Member
    I meant to say week 5.

@minstrelofsarcasm Fingers crossed it’s not
    Covid and you feel much better soon!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    sleepymom5 wrote: »
    @1theresamcvean and @minstrelofsarcasm Please move me to the cheer team. I will be back but it may be a few weeks. Sorry/Thank you

Don't apologize - do what you have to do. If you need us at all, we are here for you! :heart:

@lenka1 -

Oh my goodness- be still, my heart! I didn't know I needed happy baby pictures today, but I most definitely did.
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @lenka_1997 what cute pictures. Made me smile and I too needed that.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Those baby pictures are the cat's meow! Here's another - a new member for you :smiley:

Welcome @mxlaw90 !
  • lennoncpa
    lennoncpa Posts: 777 Member
    @Cafelelia i didn’t reach the 4 pound loss goal but I did end up down 1 pound. It looks like you were able to meet your goals! September went really fast!!
  • tryingagain5
    tryingagain5 Posts: 1,037 Member
    Friday 10/2
    Food: a little too much
    Water: 96 oz
    Exercise: none

My boss said there are "a couple of openings" on 1st shift. When he asked if anyone was interested in transferring only 2 of us raised our hands but sounds like several others talked to the boss later in the night to add their names to the list. It would be nice but I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't get to go.

My doctor's office called and said my bloodwork results were normal so now I'm just waiting for scheduling to call for the ABI appointment.

Since I was told not to workout right now and rest my leg, I need to find my upper body workout that I had from a couple of years ago. I did look up a few seated upper body exercises to do so I plan on doing some of them.

We have to work tonight. My boss said we would be working all night but there wasn't a lot of work when we left this morning but that could have changed since we went home.

Will have to catch up on posts later.
  • 1theresamcvean
    1theresamcvean Posts: 931 Member
    jugar wrote: »
    Those baby pictures are the cat's meow! Here's another - a new member for you :smiley:

Welcome @mxlaw90 !

Welcome @mxlaw90 ! Our October session officially begins on Sunday, October 4th but poke around here until then and get to know us. :blush:
  • mainebeachbum
    mainebeachbum Posts: 385 Member
    Friday check in
    Steps 8107
    Water 48 oz
    Walk nope raining here and never managed to get on treadmill

The cravings continue so I tried a new cake recipe, over 500 calories for one serving (real buttercream frosting 🧁!) So I had 1/2 a serving. Verdict: not sure if it was worth the calories....

Hopefully I’ll be able to check in tomorrow. We are headed to NH for our anniversary weekend, and it seems whenever we are in NH, we have poor cell service. We should have WiFi at the hotel though.
  • kiane50
    kiane50 Posts: 69 Member
    Not sure what to do if my weigh in day is thurs but we don’t start oct challenge till the 4.
  • xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 622 Member
    Quick check in, it's late Saturday night here and I'm exhausted. Went for an 8.5km walk today, along the coast again with cliffs and beach. Timed it for low tide so we could use the beach part of the way, but that meant we were walking this afternoon when it was quite sunny and hot. I've been thinking about bears ever since they were mentioned in here... even dreamed about them one night (!) but the most ferocious creatures we encountered were some ducklings and a couple of stranded starfish. Unless you count pigeons and gulls lol. Nothing here ever tries to kill you! 🙃

I was also out shopping this morning and saw an exercise singlet in a cool colour. I automatically grabbed an XL. Hubby was with me and after 20 years I know the looks he gives me. So I put the XL back, grabbed the L. Another look. "Maybe you should try it on" he says. I hate it when he's right, but I did walk out of there with a medium!

@lenka1 She is so adorable! My kids are so far past the baby stage now, but it also seems like just yesterday!

I love lifting. I've been lifting on and off since 2002, but seriously between 2013 - 2016. I only started back into a regular routine a few months ago, but I do break the routine if I have to because of migraine or too much pain from old injuries/nerve problems. In theory I do a 3 days on/1 day rest cycle with a focus on hypertrophy. All my sessions are 3 sets of 10 reps for each exercise, and sessions are Day 1) Legs & shoulders, Day 2) back & biceps, Day 3) chest & triceps.

@kiane50 We move the chat to the October group from Sunday, and your week one weigh in will be Thursday next week. The 8th I think.

@Melzz19 Nice loss! Hard work does pay off!

@mainebeachbum Cake is so horrifically calorific! I don't always find it worth it either. Enjoy your time away.

@mxlaw90 Welcome!
This discussion has been closed.