Less Alcohol - SEPTEMBER 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    Hi! After 3 years I'm getting back on the weight loss wagon. 3 years ago I took a promotion that was super stressful, and among other things one habit I picked up is having one drink, sometimes on a particularly bad day 2, every day after work (and more in weekends)

Which I'm pretty sure that alcohol consumption has been the majority of excess calories I've consumed and I'm close to my highest weight. So I'm starting back to healthy habits, cutting alcohol being my first step.

I just feel like posting here is a good way to stay accountable. My goal is to be AF on weekdays, and 1-2 drinks on weekend.

So far
    Wed 9/16 -Sat 9/19 AF
    Sun 9/20 2 drinks

Welcome @clabrah1990 excellent start on goals. If you haven't already check out page one of this thread. We have lots of great helpful information to get you started.
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    MissMay wrote: »
    Lilylady3k wrote: »

I need 6 more AF days out of 9 before the end of the month to make my goal ... here is the challenge. I need to figure out a plan to achieve it!

I say we do a 6 day challenge with you to help you meet your goal.

Thank you @MissMay! I have plans to have wine with my sister some time this week (Wed or Thurs) to repay the favor of dinner & wine ... she is a teacher heading back into the classroom this week (+ she fed us after a long day installing kitchen cabinets at my daughter's condo). Other than that I have no plan for alcohol which feels fabulous.
  • MTW70
    MTW70 Posts: 220 Member
    September Week 1 = 7 Days AF
    September Week 2 = 5 Days AF
    September Week 3 = 3 Days AF

Monday 9/21 = Alcohol Free, Don't have any set plans to drink this week but will be happy with 5 days AF.
    Tuesday 9/22
    Wednesday 9/23
    Thursday 9/24
    Friday 9/25
    Saturday 9/26
    Sunday 9/27
  • AR10at50
    AR10at50 Posts: 1,523 Member
    Happy Belated Birthday Dawn! You look great and I hope you are having a wonderful time! The pictures are beautiful!!!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    Hi everyone a quick check in since I missed last night.
    @dawnbgethealthy that is a fantastic photo of your happy smiling face. Messed hair means your having a good time!

@Lilylady3k great quote and so true. We are going our own direction even though it is on the same path to less alcohol. Another weight loss winner. Congrats.

@globalhiker have a wonderful relaxing time away in Utah.

@MTW70 way to go with your AF days.

@AR10at50 good to see you are still following with us.

ME:
    22nd day of September~
    19AF
    3A ( 3 Drinks total)

Rolling through our last full week of September. I hope we get some Indian Summer here before the true Winter sets in. Seems early to have to pop the heat on in the mornings.
    ☕🌡🌬

• looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,304 Member

My anxiety has been through the roof, and I'm having trouble sleeping and eating.
    Sorry to be the downer in the group. It's good to see everyone else having successes and doing so well!

Dear chocolate_owl... I am sorry that you are struggling with such anxiety, and have trouble voicing your desires. This is a great place to share, and hopefully relieve yourself of some of your anxiety. Even if we don't have the answers, just putting it in writing will help to unburden you some. Although I don't check -in often, this group has been a fantastic help to my mental state at times, just leaving it out there when you don't feel you can open up to anyone else. Take good care of yourself, and I know you can get another 2 AF days in! I am rooting for you! <3