Too much carbs and low protein

2»

Replies

• IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    edited September 2020
    sal10851 wrote: »
    Lifting weights builds muscle not extra calories. If you want to get fat eat more calories. Balance out your meals. Protein doesn't build muscle! Hard work and dedication builds muscle. I'm on a calorie deficiency and I've been able to grow my muscle mass and burn fat at the same time. I eat 75 grams of protein per day. My muscle mass grew by 2% while dropping my fat percentage to 16%. I weigh 230 pounds and I'm 6ft 1. I eat 2000 calories per day and I work out 3 days per week. Protein is overrated and the cure all for weight lifting nerds. Hard work and proper training grows muscle not your stupid chicken and rice and protein milk shakes. Most people will tell you what you want to hear. I WILL tell you what you need to hear.

This is alarmingly bad advice. I'd love to hear more once your anecdotal advice has enabled you to accomplish extraordinary results.

Sincerely,

Weight Lifting Nerd
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    ..And yes, some pseudo-sciency-stuff in the recommendation above to eat more fat, but.. it is worth noting that we do require a certain amount of fat intake for our bodies to function correctly (and if you got down to a BMI of 16, there's a decent chance you might not have been eating enough of that either, so you might want to check on that in addition to the protein).