Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

"If every day were like today" needs to change

krokadorkrokador Member Posts: 1,794 Member Member Posts: 1,794 Member
It's been like this long enough. We ALL know that prediction is completely useless.

Can we just change it to calculating a predication based on the past 7 days (tracked)?

My example (I'm around 205lbs RN):

Yesterday I was almost 500 cals over my TDEE or so, which gave me a "you'll gain 4.5lbs in 5 weeks" message. But the last 7 days, I averaged a net 1600 cals (food - exercise), which is about a 600 cals deficit. Which means I would lose about 5lbs in the next 5 weeks. It's a HUGE difference!

Instead of saying "you'll weigh 190lbs in 5 weeks" 1 day where I exercised a ton, then "you'll be 210lbs in 5 weeks" after I had a bad day due to having to eat out or whatever, it could just say: "If you keep your average the same as this past week, you will be around 200lbs in 5 weeks!" Which is what i want to know, and much more accurate/relatable!

The way the system is, it encourages people to undereat to see a really crazy number, or totally discourages them if they have 1 bad day! It's all 1 day at a time and whatnot, but this silly prediction is not helping anyone. Plus, I'm kinda tired of having to go to reports to get my weekly average :P

Come on, I know this system doesn't see a lot of updates, but this is one that has needed to happen for a long time already!

Replies

• Go_DeskerciseGo_Deskercise Member Posts: 1,398 Member Member Posts: 1,398 Member
    try2again wrote: »
    I would vote for doing away with the prediction altogether (I know if I'm set to lose 1 lb/week and hit my numbers reasonably well, I'll weigh 4 lbs less in a month) and put the manpower into fixing all of the error messages that make it a hassle even to log.

Seconded
  • zebasschickzebasschick Member Posts: 348 Member Member Posts: 348 Member
    i actually like it. go figure!