Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Calories and weight loss

nohmannnohmann Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
If I were to consume the calories I technically should be able to based on what MFP tells me, I would gain weight rapidly. I normally consume less than half and in doing so, I’ve maintained my weight for years. At the end of the day if I complete the diary and believed what it estimates my weight will be in 5 weeks, I would have wasted away to nothing years ago. I would like to see this improved to reflect reality more closely.

Replies

• janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 23,833 Member Member Posts: 23,833 Member
    The calorie estimates are based on general population estimates, there's no way they can be individually adjusted to be absolutely accurate for 100% of people. And how would they even do that? If you're an exception, you're going to have to make adjustments based on your individual results.
  • cmriversidecmriverside Member Posts: 30,422 Member Member Posts: 30,422 Member
    yeah, what jane said.

My calories (if I listened to MFP) would be about 1600 to maintain.

Through careful logging over many years I know that I need to eat more like 2200 to maintain.

It's just a dumb tool. Adjust your calories manually by going to MY HOME > Goals > Edit

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals/daily_nutrition_goals