Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Looking for feedback from members using our new Net Carbs feature

AlexAlex Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 9,501 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 9,501 MFP Staff
As you hopefully have noticed, we recently launched a Net Carbs feature for those who want to track their Net Carbs.

If you have been using this feature, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you like about it, what you dislike about it, what you would like to see us add, etc...

Please use this thread for discussion for people who are actually using this feature - off topic posts will be removed.

Replies

• TravelingGuruTravelingGuru Member, Premium Posts: 16 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16 Member
    I like it -- it's a ton of help, and keeps me focused where I should be. The diary page still has fiber content, so total carbs is available if for some strange reason I need it.

Net carbs are what it's all about, and I really appreciate the feature.
    --KB
  • Safari_Gal_Safari_Gal_ Member, Premium Posts: 709 Member Member, Premium Posts: 709 Member
    I also appreciate the feature. It’s helpful. 👍🏻
  • amckholmesamckholmes Member Posts: 119 Member Member Posts: 119 Member
    Is this only available in the premium / paid version? I remember seeing the banner and that was my take away
  • skinnydalitskinnydalit Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to use this feature but seems to only be available to premium subscribers. In times of Covid and spouse unemployed the annual price of $80 is just too steep. I paid $29.99 for Carb Manager app. I just wish that I could count carbs in MFP, but $80 is just too much nowadays. Thank you.
  • psherlock01psherlock01 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I'm also finding it very helpful!
  • AlexAlex Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 9,501 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 9,501 MFP Staff
    amckholmes wrote: »
    Is this only available in the premium / paid version? I remember seeing the banner and that was my take away

Yes, this feature is only available to our premium members.
  • AlexAlex Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 9,501 MFP Staff Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 9,501 MFP Staff
    Thanks folks for the feedback!
  • TnGDDTnGDD Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Alex wrote: »
    As you hopefully have noticed, we recently launched a Net Carbs feature for those who want to track their Net Carbs.

If you have been using this feature, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what you like about it, what you dislike about it, what you would like to see us add, etc...

Please use this thread for discussion for people who are actually using this feature - off topic posts will be removed.
    Net Carbs is great info to see your healthy progress in a new trend measurements. After many weeks of working on total carb limits...I am now cotronling my food intake and feeling better, more healthy with some weight loss. Now, I am becoming more active and exercising more regularly. Net Carbs values indicate the progress I making overall to get more healthy.
  • annalisbeth74annalisbeth74 Member, Premium Posts: 325 Member Member, Premium Posts: 325 Member
    I just came back to MFP after trying (and not liking) Carb Manager and happened to notice this feature. It has been immensely helpful, and I’m back to tracking and losing again. Like KB said above, total carbs are available by clicking on the nutrition tab at the bottom and looking at fiber content.

The only think I’m not sure about is how MFP counts sugar alcohols toward net carbs. For now I just don’t track them.