Myfitnesspal

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Looking for feedback from members using our new Net Carbs feature

2»

Replies

• ElizabethBordenElizabethBorden Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15 Member
    Love it, but appears it is not taking sugar alcohol out.
  • janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member, Premium Posts: 25,750 Member Member, Premium Posts: 25,750 Member
    Mariusr22 wrote: »
    Hey,

never mind my question... I can't believe that you have the feature available only for US and Canada. Please implement it world wide. It's a no brainer that it will be loved everywhere! You know, keto diet is world-known.

Thanks,
    Marius

Many of those people live in countries that label "available carbohydrates," which already take into account the fiber content of a food.
  • sijomialsijomial Member, Premium Posts: 18,561 Member Member, Premium Posts: 18,561 Member
    @Mariusr22

The vast majority of the world label their foods as net carbs.

Maybe lobby your government to fall into line if they are one of the few that don't?
    edited December 2020
  • ruthbradley369ruthbradley369 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I also would like to be able to use net carbs. I am on a keto diet and love what you are providing on the macros, but net carbs would be fantastic. It is quite important and an easy thing mathematical equation for a computer to provide. I can easily do it on a calculator but would also like to see it on the pie chart for the macros. I also paid for the Premium to get the macros and was very disappointed to find out that MFP only provides the net carbs for Canadian and US subscribers. As Canada and USA are not the entire world, do you think you could provide it for other users as well? When will be available for Australians? Also when it does get exported to the rest of the world, could we also have it both on iOS app and the web? (I use both and I am sure I am not alone in this.) Thanks. Ruth
  • ravepunkravepunk Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member Member, Premium Posts: 2 Member
    First off, I want net carbs available on the web. Second, all of your measurements seem to assume that you want to stay "under" a particular value. When I say I want 30g of fiber, that means it's green until I pass 30g... then it's red - like it's a bad thing. Net carbs are the opposite: I want to be alerted that I've gone OVER today. That's cause for concern. Also - if you really want to be helpful with respect to KETO diets, integrate with Dario for blood glucose measurement tracking. Also, (much lower priority) let me put in a time of day for meals and judge me on consistency there.
  • DarraldDarrald Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I agree with ravepunk's comment. Please make this great feature available on the web.
  • sanjayjhawarsanjayjhawar Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Net carbs needs to be featured in the web version not just the mobile app. This is a major problem in planning over multiple days, reporting, sharing data with professional nutritionists etc. where the mobile app is too cumbersome.
  • hikejohikejo Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member Member, Premium Posts: 5 Member
    I really appreciate this feature. Although not on keto or low-carb, as a T2 diabetic who keeps his a1c under control by diet alone, monitoring my effective carbs is important. I maintain a paid MFP account.
  • suruppaksuruppak Member Posts: 1 Member Member Posts: 1 Member
    It needs to be available on the web, and have the option to track or remove sugar alcohols, as many others have said.
  • allysongoesoutsideallysongoesoutside Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    I also just started using this feature - and for the most part, it's really good.

However - there's a glitch in some of the saved foods. For example, something like Spinach (with the checkmark next to it!), has listed the Carbohydrates as 7.5, and the fibre as 4.5 - so net carbs should be 3. It even SAYS net carbs are 3 on the nutrition info. But the calculator doesn't take it into account, it logs all 7.5 as net carbs. And you can't change the numbers, it's very frustrating.