Podcasts to Listen to While Walking?

Options
2»

Replies

• westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I usually take ~1hr to do my runs and I hate having to take my phone out to change so I try to pick pods that have episodes that last an hour or so. Depends on what topics you're into but here are some that I typically listen to:

My Favorite Murder - comedy, definitely longer than an hour usually..but they talk a lot at the beginning of each episode before they get to talking about the murder...lol.

Oh No Ross and Carrie - this is two friends who do investigative journalism type stuff with topics involving spirituality, fringe science, and/or religion --- there is a multi-part series where they traveled to a retreat in Costa Rica and did ayahuasca .... it's fascinating. They are very smart people, do their research and I love listening to them.

Astonishing Legends --- these are two friends who also do boatloads of research for their episodes - which focus on supernatural stuff, paranormal stuff, folklore, and/or cryptids (think....Mothman/haunted stuff/Skinwalker Ranch...UFOs...etc.).

Good Job Brain -- unfortunately there are not new episodes of this pod any longer but it was 4 friends - all very smart - and it's basically like a pub quiz show. They make quizzes for each other (some episodes are all quizzes) and basically pick a topic each episode and give you a bunch of trivial knowledge about that thing. I like it a lot. And like I said, there aren't new episodes but they have a huge backlog to get into if you like it.
  • IronIsMyTherapy
    IronIsMyTherapy Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Joe Rogan Experience
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    I’m a bit of a nerd so I listen to:

SciShow Tangents
    The History Chicks
    Stuff you missed in History class
    Sawbones
    BBC History Extra Podcast
    The History of England

Other ones I listen to randomly:

The TryPod
    Confidently Insecure
    The Darkest Timeline
    Undiscovered
    Useless Information Podcast

I’m just here looking for podcast recommendations. Keep them coming! Here’s a good history podcast I found:

ubmgm7dzrlt5.jpeg
  • elianahopeleroux
    elianahopeleroux Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If you watch simply nailogical try simplypodlogical
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,426 Member
    Options
    Best Case Worse Case is interesting. Retired FBI profiler and a former federal prosecutor interview law enforcement from all branches. I sincerely appreciate that they don’t treat southern cases as dumbasses and play hillbilly background music. That’s what makes me cringe and fume about Dateline.

If you like British humor check out No Such Thing as a Fish, a podcast by the researchers for the brilliant and hysterically funny QI quiz show hosted by Stephen Fry and Sandi Toksvig (who has a lovely podcast of her own called We’ll Get Through This).