Change my mind

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    Camping sucks. Its what we did before we had houses.

that like saying ‘hiking/biking/horseback riding sucks, its what we did before cars’
    Motorsheen wrote: »

that like saying ‘hiking/biking/horseback riding sucks, its what we did before cars’

While you have shown the major flaw in my argument I still think camping stinks.

I agree 100%.

Camping is a ghetto sport and should be renamed: Homeless Lite

While you have shown the major flaw in my argument I still think camping stinks.

I agree 100%.

I disagree... Its enjoying nature. Its putting your phone down and breathing, just being. Its no TV, no phone, no distractions. Fires, blankets, mountains and crisp air. Sometimes its endless conversations and sometimes its sitting in silence while listening to the creatures chirp.

***Although by the end of the camping trip im looking, smelling, and feeling pretty homeless 😬

i think its just what you make of it.
    some people like backpacking and and being away from everyone else with the wind blowing in the trees at night.
    some people like glamping/car camping and having a roaring fire and friends around.
    some people don't like either, but that just means they enjoy other things instead.

basically if you want to like it you will i guess.

plus one time i was out in the woods and recording wood knocking noises off in the distance.
    and im not necessarily saying i believe in bigfoot, but maybe bigfoot believes in me at least.

camping?

sleeping on the ground? under a filthy canvas tarp ?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

it can get cold... or hot

you have to cook your own food? over a fire? barbaric.

and the worst of it..... no maid service.

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

I disagree... Its enjoying nature. Its putting your phone down and breathing, just being. Its no TV, no phone, no distractions. Fires, blankets, mountains and crisp air. Sometimes its endless conversations and sometimes its sitting in silence while listening to the creatures chirp.

***Although by the end of the camping trip im looking, smelling, and feeling pretty homeless 😬

some people like backpacking and and being away from everyone else with the wind blowing in the trees at night.
    some people like glamping/car camping and having a roaring fire and friends around.
    some people don't like either, but that just means they enjoy other things instead.

plus one time i was out in the woods and recording wood knocking noises off in the distance.
    and im not necessarily saying i believe in bigfoot, but maybe bigfoot believes in me at least.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

yes BUT there's still a lot of fun to be had in the woods if you have the right person with you

You are most likely correct here. I'm never with the right people. Sigh....

dcbonn08dpzb.gif
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

Sounds like home, huh.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

yes BUT there's still a lot of fun to be had in the woods if you have the right person with you

I dunno man, the right person or not....

The last time I went camping, the nearest Starbucks was almost 20 minutes away.

and the campground had (and this is even difficult to type).... a gravel road.

Do you have any idea what gravel does to a pair of Ferragamo's ? (it's criminal.)
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

I dunno man, the right person or not....

The last time I went camping, the nearest Starbucks was almost 20 minutes away.

and the campground had (and this is even difficult to type).... a gravel road.

Do you have any idea what gravel does to a pair of Ferragamo's ? (it's criminal.)

the worst is when there aren't any bathrooms around, like not even a compost toilet.

gotta go dig the hole right after you set up camp so its there when you need it in the middle of the night
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

Well, some of bring some supplies that keep us comfy. A gas propane stove...helps to make a fresh cup of coffee and pancakes in the morning. Fire is for sitting around and marshmallows
  • MaltedTea
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

Well, some of bring some supplies that keep us comfy. A gas propane stove...helps to make a fresh cup of coffee and pancakes in the morning. Fire is for sitting around and marshmallows

So, like, what about sleeping in a yurt for a couple of days where I'm guaranteed zero creepy bat or scary elk sightings but will 100% catch the Northern Lights? And one of us has to bring the moka pot for our morning, pre-hike espresso

That's something I'm up for; like somewhere in the middle. Who's in?
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options
    MaltedTea wrote: »

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

So, like, what about sleeping in a yurt for a couple of days where I'm guaranteed zero creepy bat or scary elk sightings but will 100% catch the Northern Lights? And one of us has to bring the moka pot for our morning, pre-hike espresso

I prefer glamping myself. LOL
  • MaltedTea
    edited September 2020
    Options
    zero-real-estate-suites-bed-being-made.jpg?resize=800%2C532

^^ He gets it.

ETA: However, in this scenario, I'd still be concerned about @iMago's "pee in a hole in the middle of the night" thing. My W*P refuses.
  • GymGoddessGoals
    Options

^^ He gets it.

ETA: However, in this scenario, I'd still be concerned about @iMago's "pee in a hole in the middle of the night" thing. My W*P refuses.

b6jf71c5r71m.jpg

This works way better for me and resolves @iMago peeing in a hole in the middle of the night thing.
  • MaltedTea
    Options

^^ He gets it.

b6jf71c5r71m.jpg

This works way better for me and resolves @iMago peeing in a hole in the middle of the night thing.

^^ Perfection. Chef's kiss. That's the one! When do we leave?
  • MaltedTea
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

if you ever go camping in Texas, try to go to Caprock Canyons.
    bison live there and they get to roam free.
    so if you go out in the backcountry you might get the opportunity for them to wake you up by walking through your camp in the morning.

^^ He gets it.

^^ He gets it.

b6jf71c5r71m.jpg

that ain't what the hole is for just fyi

😐 To all this. Your idea of camping is a liability to my existence. I'm scared by elk (and NO ONE can convince me those things are herbivores until they too are trapped in a group of them in the Rockies), and then now you want bison to just roam into my space. The absolute nerve of you.

Also, my tooter refuses the random hole in the earth as well. It works in accordance with the W*P. 🤷🏾‍♀️
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

so if you go out in the backcountry you might get the opportunity for them to wake you up by walking through your camp in the morning.

^^ He gets it.

^^ He gets it.

b6jf71c5r71m.jpg

😐 To all this. Your idea of camping is a liability to my existence. I'm scared by elk (and NO ONE can convince me those things are herbivores until they too are trapped in a group of them in the Rockies), and then now you want bison to just roam into my space. The absolute nerve of you.

Also, my tooter refuses the random hole in the earth as well. It works in accordance with the W*P. 🤷🏾‍♀️

bison are pretty smart though, they'll stay away from you if you stay away from them. some lady got gored by one in yellowstone a while back, but then again she was trying to take photos of it and she was like 10 feet away or so. can't really blame the bison at that point.
    the babies are cute tho
    GB151v2l.jpg

but i guess if all that's roughing it too much you can always try this place-

https://www.cypressvalley.com/stay

i recommend the lofthaven
  • PlentyofProtein00
    PlentyofProtein00 Posts: 3,623 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

^^ He gets it.

^^ He gets it.

b6jf71c5r71m.jpg

bison are pretty smart though, they'll stay away from you if you stay away from them. some lady got gored by one in yellowstone a while back, but then again she was trying to take photos of it and she was like 10 feet away or so. can't really blame the bison at that point.
    the babies are cute tho
    GB151v2l.jpg

but i guess if all that's roughing it too much you can always try this place-

https://www.cypressvalley.com/stay

i recommend the lofthaven

I do want to try tree house so very badly