iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Camping sucks. Its what we did before we had houses.

that like saying ‘hiking/biking/horseback riding sucks, its what we did before cars’

that like saying ‘hiking/biking/horseback riding sucks, its what we did before cars’

While you have shown the major flaw in my argument I still think camping stinks.

I agree 100%.

Camping is a ghetto sport and should be renamed: Homeless Lite

While you have shown the major flaw in my argument I still think camping stinks.

I agree 100%.

I disagree... Its enjoying nature. Its putting your phone down and breathing, just being. Its no TV, no phone, no distractions. Fires, blankets, mountains and crisp air. Sometimes its endless conversations and sometimes its sitting in silence while listening to the creatures chirp.

***Although by the end of the camping trip im looking, smelling, and feeling pretty homeless 😬

i think its just what you make of it.
    some people like backpacking and and being away from everyone else with the wind blowing in the trees at night.
    some people like glamping/car camping and having a roaring fire and friends around.
    some people don't like either, but that just means they enjoy other things instead.

basically if you want to like it you will i guess.

plus one time i was out in the woods and recording wood knocking noises off in the distance.
    and im not necessarily saying i believe in bigfoot, but maybe bigfoot believes in me at least.

camping?

sleeping on the ground? under a filthy canvas tarp ?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

it can get cold... or hot

you have to cook your own food? over a fire? barbaric.

and the worst of it..... no maid service.

yes BUT there's still a lot of fun to be had in the woods if you have the right person with you

You are most likely correct here. I'm never with the right people. Sigh....

well all i can say is just maybe try it again next time you get the chance.
    go by yourself sometime if you have to and learn what works and doesn't work for you, with no expectations of other people around to cloud your judgement. maybe you'll end up enjoying it more.

then find you a girl to go along with you sometime
    embrace your inner caveman
    chop some firewood in front of her and get a fire going
    watch her dance in front of it when the sun goes down

Jesus, can I go with you? You sure can paint a picture with words.....

sure can, you just gotta carry the shovel
  • iMago

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

I disagree... Its enjoying nature. Its putting your phone down and breathing, just being. Its no TV, no phone, no distractions. Fires, blankets, mountains and crisp air. Sometimes its endless conversations and sometimes its sitting in silence while listening to the creatures chirp.

***Although by the end of the camping trip im looking, smelling, and feeling pretty homeless 😬

some people like backpacking and and being away from everyone else with the wind blowing in the trees at night.
    some people like glamping/car camping and having a roaring fire and friends around.
    some people don't like either, but that just means they enjoy other things instead.

plus one time i was out in the woods and recording wood knocking noises off in the distance.
    and im not necessarily saying i believe in bigfoot, but maybe bigfoot believes in me at least.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

yes BUT there's still a lot of fun to be had in the woods if you have the right person with you

go by yourself sometime if you have to and learn what works and doesn't work for you, with no expectations of other people around to cloud your judgement. maybe you'll end up enjoying it more.

I'm not falling for that again.

fine fine, but if i wake you up in the middle of the night screaming about a bigfoot attacking the camp cause *somebody* didn't bother to dig the punji pits don't come crying to me when we both get dragged off to become forest brides
  • iMago

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

camping?

insects everywhere

what if it rains?

I'm not falling for that again.

fine fine, but if i wake you up in the middle of the night screaming about a bigfoot attacking the camp cause *somebody* didn't bother to dig the punji pits don't come crying to me when we both get dragged off to become forest brides

OK ok I will carry the shovel. I just have anxiety from digging my own grave. I thought that's where we were going.

PS: I'll cook

no need. i always carry a jetboil, a fuel canister, a water filter and a bottle, and some ramen in ziploc baggies, we don't even have to eat with our hands cause you can just cut the corner off the baggie and pipe the ramen directly into your mouth. unless you wanna reuse the baggie i guess for packing out the used TP in which case we can go ahead and eat the ramen with our hands
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    coronavirus memes is the best thread in chit chat

oh man, the new HR one might have changed my mind!
  • brustmannzwei
    brustmannzwei Posts: 1,124 Member
    ^tru.dat. I got nuttin.

😂🤣😂🤣
  • denny_mac
    denny_mac Posts: 71 Member
    if she owns a pair of these then she's toxic. change my mind.
    jlvpcnq4bw4u.jpg

Not even going to try. I completely agree. Anyone who own 2 mannequins has some deep seeded issues.
  • brustmannzwei
    denny_mac wrote: »
    jlvpcnq4bw4u.jpg

Not even going to try. I completely agree. Anyone who own 2 mannequins has some deep seeded issues.

Ohhhhhh, the mannequins.

I was like dang, um, ya know, I really like you in those, er, you in those britches are like, uh, ta-Dow!
  • Miss_Chiev0us
    Miss_Chiev0us Posts: 1,592 Member
    jlvpcnq4bw4u.jpg

wtf! u literally told me to buy a pair of these smdh

Pics 😍
  • GymGoddessGoals
    GymGoddessGoals Posts: 2,146 Member
    jlvpcnq4bw4u.jpg

wtf! u literally told me to buy a pair of these smdh

It's the Khaki shorts debacle all over again.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    jlvpcnq4bw4u.jpg

What if someone..... owns, say.... three or more mannequins all named Amy ?

I’m asking for a friend.
  • brustmannzwei
    jlvpcnq4bw4u.jpg

What if someone..... owns, say.... three or more mannequins all named Amy ?

I’m asking for a friend.

Amy or (rescue) Annie?
  • hawkeye45_
    hawkeye45_ Posts: 812 Member
    If you don't know what it would take to change your mind, then what you have is a belief and not an opinion. Change my mind.
  • iMago
    the band TOOL only actually has like 3 good songs (though tbf they are REALLY good songs)- the rest of their music is actually nearly un-listenable. Maynard made better music with A Perfect Circle than he ever did with Tool.

Nirvana also only had like a handful of really good songs while the rest were just awful
    BUT if Kurt was still around today i think we'd all be amazed at what he'd have come up with as he aged and got more perspective in life, and hopefully got clean.

change my mind.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »
    If you don't know what it would take to change your mind, then what you have is a belief and not an opinion. Change my mind.
    hawkeye45_ wrote: »

If you don't currently know something how would you know if it could change your mind. Seems like a catch 22....