Calorie Counter

Message Boards MFP Suggestions/Feedback
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

More Nutrients Request

RyancurtislangRyancurtislang Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
As a three time cancer survivor I strive to eat as healthy as I can. I really enjoy tracking my nutrition on Myfitnesspal. My suggestion would be to see more Nutrients added such as magnesium, zinc, vitamin B6, B12, phosphorus, etc. Even if it were a premium and required a purchase, I would love to closer track the above and other nutrients which are not included in the current MyfitnessPal.
Thanks,
Ryan
edited September 21

Replies

• janejellyrolljanejellyroll Member Posts: 24,042 Member Member Posts: 24,042 Member
    Most database entries have been created by your fellow users, using the information that is on nutritional labels. Since this information is not required on nutritional labels (at least in the US), there is no clear path for MFP to begin tracking them.
  • MetalPirateMetalPirate Member Posts: 6 Member Member Posts: 6 Member
    You may want to look into Cronometer, they have a ton of detailed micronutrient details. The database isn't nearly as large as MFP, but it's all either pulled from an official database, or manually verified by staff. I think it's a really cool tool, but the company is also very small so it's slower for them to add changes. The biggest thing that keeps me on MFP is all the connectivity and that it ties back to my Garmin account automatically.
  • RyancurtislangRyancurtislang Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks for your replies. I appreciate them both. As my diet does not vary much, I would be happy to add the additional nutrient information, I just wish myfitnesspal had a field to track it.

I'll definitely check out Chronometer.
    Thanks again.
    Ryan