What's on your mind today?

Options

Replies

• SuziQ113
    SuziQ113 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone.

It has been some time since I posted here. Nothing unusual going on. Work has been busy and keeping me on my toes. I do try to limit my tech time so if I end up spending 10 working hours in front of my work laptop I try and limit my personal online time. We are finally through all quarter end reporting, planning of Q4'20 with our partners, and I can breath for a few days.

I have noticed there is a lot of conversation regarding meal preparation and creating freezer meals for the future. I am not sure if anyone has heard of Dream Dinners. At one time there were sites where meals could be pre-prepped and then frozen. The day before the meal could be defrosted in the refrigerator and then cooked the next day (total cook time 20-25 minutes). The stores I believe have been closed for a while, but the owners did create a cookbook called Dream Dinners. There are many interesting recipes and even though I am single I periodically prep some meals. I will usually adjust the recipe for 3-4 servings.

There are also a ton of recipes online for cook once eat three different meals. I have tried a few and have enjoyed them. I have found some cook once eat 3xs books too. I haven't purchased any because the Dream Dinners cookbook was enough to give me decent recipes while creating my own.

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe!
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @SuziQ113 - thank you for the information. I have been getting busier and had popcorn for dinner last night. My brain just refused to participate. So popcorn. I have been saying that I need a plan but haven’t put one in place. It’s time.
  • readyornot1234
    readyornot1234 Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @SuziQ113 - sold. I’m on my way to the grocery store.
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @ SuziQ113 I was reading your post and funny I do all the same stuff that you suggested. My hard boiled eggs, hummus, and veggies, and cut up chicken portioned out for week are lifesavers. My to go to treat is natural peanutbutter on celery or apples and Walmart has Chocolate fudge popsicles. You can have 3 if you like because thats a serving and only 120 calories!
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    @ SuziQ113 I was reading your post and funny I do all the same stuff that you suggested. My hard boiled eggs, hummus, and veggies, and cut up chicken portioned out for week are lifesavers. My to go to treat is natural peanutbutter on celery or apples and Walmart has Chocolate fudge popsicles. You can have 3 if you like because thats a serving and only 120 calories!

I love, love, love peanut butter on apples and celery too. I tried it on carrots and found it's delicious too. Sometimes it's a snack or a meal. I do have to be mindful of measuring the peanut butter because I can over do it.
  • ForLangston
    ForLangston Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Morning all from Ohio, USA. I had presented an idea of a zoom meet up. @MaltedTea thank you for your response. If anyone else would like to do a month's end zoom connection, please let me know: your time zone, country, and email where I can send you the zoom info. No sweat if you're not down with this idea and yay if you are! TFIF
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,364 Member
    Options
    ever had peanutbutter on cucumber (especially the seedless "English Cucumber" as we call it here in Canada) or mini-cucumbers
  • MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    Morning all from Ohio, USA. I had presented an idea of a zoom meet up. @MaltedTea thank you for your response. If anyone else would like to do a month's end zoom connection, please let me know: your time zone, country, and email where I can send you the zoom info. No sweat if you're not down with this idea and yay if you are! TFIF

If I'm remembering Zoom setups correctly, then you can schedule the "meeting" in advance then paste the details here. Perhaps password protect it but share the password separately (like in the daily threads leading up to month end).

I typed it out and then it didn't seem as simple as it sounded in my head 🤣 but also 🤔

For me, it's just that my email/s is/are eponymous and with one exceptional exception, I don't "friend" on MFP.
  • SuziQ113
    Options
    Are you a prayerful pal? Well, if so - pray that I get a good diagnosis today...and a correct one. Off to the oncologist...hoping for treatable.

Sending prayers and positive thoughts.
  • GigiDoma
    GigiDoma Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    @dsgoingtodoit I will say some prayers for you. I know I see you post about your health struggles and I have had many myself. I know it can be depressing, frustrating, and really hard not having answers or not liking the ones you get. I am not sure what your health issues are and you don't need to share that if you dont want to, but I will pray for you!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! I'm new here and can't wait to begin the November challenge! I'm also in central Ohio and looking forward to getting to know everyone. I'm praying for you as well @dsgoingtodoit
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I wanted to see how everyone tracks calories for homemade meals. I am thinking of doing it two different ways, and haven't settled on a "set" way yet. I am just using notebook paper and writing down all the nutritional info and weighing individual servings as I go and then add it all up at the end. Or add all calories for large batch cooking, weigh the entire meal then divide by servings to determine calories. (My current method is google the info and enter it as I eat something, which can lead to not tracking if I was not planning ahead of time or track after I eat)

I am also thinking I am going to set this up in Excel. I haven't looked at the recipe tracker in MFP yet, any pointers for that will be greatly appreciated as well.

Thanks everyone!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    @KCJen I've used the recipe tracker in MFP before. It worked well for me. I used it for a Red Velvet Cheesecake recipe that my bestie was making for me for my birthday a few years ago. We put everything into MFP (total ingredients) and then how many servings WE were going to cut the cheesecake into. It ended up being like 1200-some calories per slice! It was an eye opener!
  • KCJen
    KCJen Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    @Mrs_Hoffer Wow! Sounds yummy! In my house, calories don't count on birthdays! :)