This October I Will ...

Replies

• goingape
    goingape Posts: 429 Member
    You are all bringing back memories of visiting the fabric store with my mom. She used to make our church clothes and did quilts. I remember hiding under the bolts of cloth in a little colourful cave.

I actually need to get my kid to lift down my sewing machine. I have a scrapbooking weekend coming up and we use machine stitching in a project. Of course this would be on paper not cloth!! Silly of me to put it up so high in the first place.

@nebslp yes the journal is coming along nicely. I still have lots of stickers ! And I have dated the next few months so I can start planning into the new year. Feels good! Reading is going well. My tastes are eclectic and right now I have a science fiction book about space travel. I will have to check out your title. I like it when you don’t know how it’s going to end !

@77tes I will have to check out your title too. I just started using our library again. I have one book in my hold queue. Hope they don’t all arrive at once.
    I hope your food poisoning has passed. It’s the worst thing ever. I always take a long break from food prepared by others/restaurants after that. It’s comforting to know exactly how the food was handled and prepared.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,658 Member
    edited October 2020
    @nebslp I googled how to create tabs in Mac but I'm having trouble putting the URL here. The really old one works, but it is quite out of date, but with the newer one the link gets broken. If you have time search on the internet and hopefully you should find some tutorials. I was looking on wikiHow.

I used up time looking for a better tab tutorial and it is late now 😲, so I shall come back tomorrow and read everyone's posts. Good night y'all 😴 .

I will read my book and/or color some every day. πŸ“– = reading a book for fun, πŸ“œ= coloring

I will go to bed earlier than I have been recently. 😴 = in bed earlier, awake way too late =❌

I will take my herbs/supplements more consistently. I took my herbs = 🌿, I didn't = πŸ₯΄

October 1: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 2: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 3: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 4: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 5: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 6: .....πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 7: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 8: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 9: .....πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October10 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October11 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ πŸ₯΄
    October12 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October13 πŸ“– .....😴 🌿
    October14 .....πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October15 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October16 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October17 .....πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October18 πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 πŸ₯΄
    October19 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October20 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ ❌ (very late)🌿
    October21 ......πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October22: .....πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October23 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October24 πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October25:πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October26 .....πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October27 .....πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿

🀠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,776 Member
    tabs tabs tabs... I am assuming all you mean is opening up a second window and going to MFP there. On my browser there is a plus sign at the top to open up a new "tab" or window. I am sure yall do this all the time, right?

Or do you mean tab as in that pink can of zero calorie draino we used to get back when there were no other diet sodas??? B)

Just a quick drive by today. Nice to see the activity for sure!!!!!!

used up my lunch hour running since the sun finally came out. Rainy and 30's and cold north wind just not gonna happen for this gal.

summerPLEASE

and just a small joke for Hump day..

8bgk29t5c6yv.png
  • nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,645 Member
    OMG! Tabs work!!! @texasgardnr Thank you SO much for bringing this topic up and for trying to find a way to share it. I don't have a Mac so maybe your way of doing it is different than @SummerSkier. I found the magic + sign at the top of the page and voila! A new tab! Some of us (me) aren't as tech savvy as others and I don't experiment with buttons that I don't understand because doing that has had really BaD results at times that I didn't know how to undo. But Yes, I think this will work. Thank you both!!!
  • nebslp
    @goingape A scrapbooking adventure and using a sewing machine with it sounds fun! I'm trying to imagine but having some trouble.

@znaoiec I know what you mean about clutter creating a feeling of chaos even when it's not too messy. Sometimes I just have to quit what I'm doing and put things away before I can focus on what I want to do. There's been research that has proven what you said about neat surroundings making you feel calmer.

@77tes I'm sorry you had food poisoning and hope you're feeling all well again. I hope you like A Place in the Woods. I just imagined myself living in the wilderness somewhere when I first read it and I had 4 little kids to chase after. It was my little escape from the real world.

@SummerSkier That zero calorie draino was my lunch for my freshman year in high school. I weighed all of 110 pounds and OMG... I had curves so thought I was out of control! Good job in getting that run in in spite of the weather! AND :D SO appreciate the humor today :)

I'm just struggling to get a workout in. MUST figure this out before next Monday. But the tab thing is awesome! Thank you, thank you...
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,719 Member
    @goingape I had another book show up in my my library queue on the same day.πŸ€ͺ However, I use the Libby app, and it lets me postpone borrowing the book if I’m not ready. I love that app!

I’m feeling much better. Yesterday I got to my yoga routines and today I even took a walk.

Tabs - I use tabs all the time, I usually have 8 or 9 open at the same time 🀣, but if I click into another tab while commenting on MFP, I invariably lose the post. That’s on my IPad. No problem flipping between tabs on my laptop.
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,953 Member
    Hi Team!

I’ll post November β€œI Will” soon!

I’m wondering what your plan is for Halloween? Candy/some candy/no candy?

Hosting Trick or Treaters or not?

I hope you are all doing well.

My October I Will’s are going great, not perfect, but Great! And the scale is cooperating again this month. Keeping busy with things I love to do is good for my waistline πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒ
    ❀️
  • texasgardnr
    edited October 2020
    Catch up post #1

Oh, my goodness πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈπŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I can no longer afford to think that 'tomorrow' I can catch up and post just because it is getting late, so much can happen in a nano second here it seems.

For example, just look at what I missed yesterday: @SummerSkier informative actually super funny post about "Covid testing" ......

And the blast from the past about tabs , well actually Tab soda. b0s6yxgqqziv.png which I only recently learned is being discontinued. Where have I been? I didn't even realize that it was still around 😲 .

I'm only glad that we still have tabs on our computer still!!! Yay!!!

@nebslp I am so glad that you figured out the tabs now and found the magic + sign at the top of the page thanks to @SummerSkier ' post!!

For some reason I thought you had a Mac and I was trying to find out how to do it on a Mac since I have a Windows PC, and we also have the magic + sign at the top of the page and voila! A new tab is there for me also 😁.

🀠🌺
  • SummerSkier
    @texasgardnr I do love you gals!!! But keeping up is like treading water....no worries. And shhh. I use a Mac for personal and a windows for work so I am ambicomputedress... no do not look that up it's a word I just made up. Perhaps urban dictionary in a few weeks tho. ;) They have been discontinuing TAB now since the 90's I think. But that stuff is just impossible to keeep down. literally.

typing with my middle finger just is well .... yeah.

Off work again today vacation have to use it or lose it and no trick or treaters for tomorrow. I usually don't. My neighbor and I typically would hang out in his garage and enjoy the costumes but not this year. I hope he has his little girls/ I see a lot of "block" locations for treats signage so my guess is there will be socailly distant type things. It is said because I know the assisted living places used to really enjoy the kids they hosted.

@MadisonMolly2017 that is awesome news on the scale!!! Maintenance is such an interesting and unique ride but I totally love it when folks can drift lower and not feel deprived. I know there are folks who maintain in the overweight or obese BMI categories quite happily for years (not you!) and will swear that they are at their set weight and then one day years later they come back and say - well yeah - I drifted down another 10 or 20 to normal BMI and it feels great. For me every OUNCE I take off my knees and joints running and Bandit's back is a win. I have been UNDER just a hair so for me at least I know where to draw the line.

@nebslp I am right there with you on working on the Nov I wills. Somehow I got lost in Oct this time. I thought I would feel like the tracker and such were helping but I think I need to go back to some of the August things I was working on. Maybe we just do one small habit instead of multiple. Nov and Dec are probably going to fly by this year and then we will all be thinking about 2021!!! OMG Unfortunately with the virus I think we will have the meme below. I have different windows on my IPAD as well with no problem. But I normally don't post because things are strange.

@77tes food poisoning!!!!! OMG. I can't imagine! I mean everytime I have any type of strange thing my first thought is Covid... :( I don't think I have ever had real food poisoning but I think it is not recommended as a way to lose or maintain weight loss?? I might have to search MFP to see if that is one of their topics. ;) Well glad you are feeling better but recovery takes time so be careful.

96sur2913zog.png
  • MadisonMolly2017
    @SummerSkier
    Thanks!
    I always lose weight best Oct to April: The cooler weather makes Rxedwiod using more pleasant - for me

Yep! A single habit is great. Whatever works for each of us!

Here’s what I posted to one of our new members, in case it triggers ideas for any of you!

β€œHey @bethelmurphy !!
    Welcome to the group!

Please ask any questions!

We’ll each be selecting a baby habit to practice in November. What is one thing you might like to shift a little?

πŸ’ž Maddieβ€œ
  • texasgardnr
    edited October 2020
    Catch up post #2

OK, fairly late into yesterday evening I was writing my catch up post so that today, I could actually just start today with Today. Well, after all of the talk about "tabs' I was doing quite well fending off any hiccups from MFP wanting to delete my message. Then.... I wanted to look up a word to make certain that I was using it correctly, only to realize too late that I did the search on the same tab that I was writing my post. Well, there is no going back to what I was just working on with MFP. Yes, I get to go back to the proper place, but my whole post was lost..... forever.

So the take away from this story, for me, is that I can not always blame MFP for losing my posts, and that I really should have been going to sleep earlier, or at least be found reading/ coloring in my jammies and any second be ready to turn off the light. After all, that is my October I Will 😲.

Now for a quick catch up post...

@nebslp you certainly have a lot of projects and things going on there. I can see why using a planner would be priority. And I'm cheering you on to be the most improved student Madam Plants has ever seen, and she will exclaim: Il est bien fait! (Well done!) . (per Google Translate πŸ˜„)

@znaoiec enjoy visiting your family. And πŸ‘‹ waving back to you. I agree with @nebslp about understanding what you mean about clutter creating a feeling of chaos even when it's not really very cluttered or untidy. For me it creates a feeling of unease that I just can't put my thumb on until I suddenly realize it and have to tidy up if possible. Or sometimes I find myself becoming somewhat stressed until I realize that I've been becoming very lax about putting things away or not being caught up on things for awhile. Getting behind on things does throw me off in many areas and sometimes, for me it is hard to get back for awhile.

@MadisonMolly2017 I see that you have inquired about a thumb brace. My orthopedic doctor had me wear one after my fractured wrist healed to help stabilize and support the thumb joint which was also injured in the accident. She said that I had early signs of arthritis besides the injury. I still use it occasionally.

I had found it on Amazon to be able to purchase extras. Med Spec is the brand that I have. Mine is called "tee pee thumb protector" . There are different brands and types of braces/ stabilizers/ protectors for the thumb on Amazon and I'm sure elsewhere also. I don't have any more information than this, or what kind might help you. But I do hope that you find the kind of relief that you might want or need.

@SummerSkier I also like how you did your colorful linear tracker. Everyone has unique and colorful trackers! It is fun to see them. Thank you for sharing yours. I'm glad that you finger has been improving. That is good that you are getting back on track with your running statistics again. I really loved your sky/cloud β›… picture. It was quit beautiful! And your kitty must be trying out tabs on your computer πŸ˜„ .

@77tes I remember using index cards and a pencil for research 🧐 also. I used the microfiche and a card catalog too. I was in the the "Library Club" in HS. We got to work in the library! I loved being in the library.
    Personally, in hindsight, I am grateful that I was in school during the old school way of
    teaching writing in English classes.
    I could see changes taking place when my children were taking their upper English/ writing classes. I do remember that they needed the latest books about citation and research sooner than I had expected them to. But until I read your post I never made the connection how the focus of the classes were changing. Your tracker is also getting very colorful!!

Oh, my I just now ran into your post about your bout with food poisoning. I am so sorry! That certainly does wipe a body out after going through that. But good for you that you have a good book to read!

I've been using the online website page for our library for a long time, on the desktop. It works really well so far in ordering audio or ebooks. I'm able to postpone books on that too. I like using the desktop because it is larger to use to search for books etc, then I transfer the book to my device or ereader. But they are really encouraging using the Libby app. Which means that I'd have to use a smaller devise like my phone to order books. I'm not sure if it works on Windows also. I haven't made the time to research it. I still haven't gotten over our library quitting using RBDigital the audio book app. It worked so well on both Desktop and on a devise to order and then listen on the devise. Now my audio book wish list disappeared on the app too. So sad.

@PKM0515 I hope that you are able to keep up with taking your meds and that you are starting to find some way to help you remember them more/ better. I really liked @nebslps' idea for you that she wrote about on Oct. 27th, for November.

@goingape your scrap-booking weekend is a fun thing to be looking forward to. Enjoy it when you go.
    I also took a very long break from food prepared by others/restaurants after my food poison episode many years ago. And now I am again very cautious, having taken the classes/ tests on food handling/safety for certification a number of years ago.

🀠🌺
  • texasgardnr
    I will read my book and/or color some every day. πŸ“– = reading a book for fun, πŸ“œ= coloring

I will go to bed earlier than I have been recently. 😴 = in bed earlier, awake way too late =❌

I will take my herbs/supplements more consistently. I took my herbs = 🌿, I didn't = πŸ₯΄

October 1: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 2: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 3: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 4: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 5: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 6: .....πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 7: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 8: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October 9: .....πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October10 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October11 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ πŸ₯΄
    October12 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October13 πŸ“– .....😴 🌿
    October14 .....πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October15 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October16 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October17 .....πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October18 πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 πŸ₯΄
    October19 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October20 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ ❌ (very late)🌿
    October21 ......πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October22: .....πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October23 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October24 πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October25:πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October26 .....πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October27 .....πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October28: πŸ“– πŸ“œ 😴 🌿
    October29 ......πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October30
    October31

Whew, almost done with October. Been starting to think about November... a little bit 😲😁.

🀠🌺
  • MadisonMolly2017
    Catch up post #2

OK, fairly late into yesterday evening I was writing my catch up post so that today, I could actually just start today with Today. Well, after all of the talk about "tabs' I was doing quite well fending off any hiccups from MFP wanting to delete my message. Then.... I wanted to look up a word to make certain that I was using it correctly, only to realize too late that I did the search on the same tab that I was writing my post. Well, there is no going back to what I was just working on with MFP. Yes, I get to go back to the proper place, but my whole post was lost..... forever.

So the take away from this story, for me, is that I can not always blame MFP for losing my posts, and that I really should have been going to sleep earlier, or at least be found reading/ coloring in my jammies and any second be ready to turn off the light. After all, that is my October I Will 😲.

Now for a quick catch up post...

@nebslp you certainly have a lot of projects and things going on there. I can see why using a planner would be priority. And I'm cheering you on to be the most improved student Madam Plants has ever seen, and she will exclaim: Il est bien fait! (Well done!) . (per Google Translate πŸ˜„)

@znaoiec enjoy visiting your family. And πŸ‘‹ waving back to you. I agree with @nebslp about understanding what you mean about clutter creating a feeling of chaos even when it's not really very cluttered or untidy. For me it creates a feeling of unease that I just can't put my thumb on until I suddenly realize it and have to tidy up if possible. Or sometimes I find myself becoming somewhat stressed until I realize that I've been becoming very lax about putting things away or not being caught up on things for awhile. Getting behind on things does throw me off in many areas and sometimes, for me it is hard to get back for awhile.

@MadisonMolly2017 I see that you have inquired about a thumb brace. My orthopedic doctor had me wear one after my fractured wrist healed to help stabilize and support the thumb joint which was also injured in the accident. She said that I had early signs of arthritis besides the injury. I still use it occasionally.

I had found it on Amazon to be able to purchase extras. Med Spec is the brand that I have. Mine is called "tee pee thumb protector" . There are different brands and types of braces/ stabilizers/ protectors for the thumb on Amazon and I'm sure elsewhere also. I don't have any more information than this, or what kind might help you. But I do hope that you find the kind of relief that you might want or need.

@SummerSkier I also like how you did your colorful linear tracker. Everyone has unique and colorful trackers! It is fun to see them. Thank you for sharing yours. I'm glad that you finger has been improving. That is good that you are getting back on track with your running statistics again. I really loved your sky/cloud β›… picture. It was quit beautiful! And your kitty must be trying out tabs on your computer πŸ˜„ .

@77tes I remember using index cards and a pencil for research 🧐 also. I used the microfiche and a card catalog too. I was in the the "Library Club" in HS. We got to work in the library! I loved being in the library.
    Personally, in hindsight, I am grateful that I was in school during the old school way of
    teaching writing in English classes.
    I could see changes taking place when my children were taking their upper English/ writing classes. I do remember that they needed the latest books about citation and research sooner than I had expected them to. But until I read your post I never made the connection how the focus of the classes were changing. Your tracker is also getting very colorful!!

Oh, my I just now ran into your post about your bout with food poisoning. I am so sorry! That certainly does wipe a body out after going through that. But good for you that you have a good book to read!

I've been using the online website page for our library for a long time, on the desktop. It works really well so far in ordering audio or ebooks. I'm able to postpone books on that too. I like using the desktop because it is larger to use to search for books etc, then I transfer the book to my device or ereader. But they are really encouraging using the Libby app. Which means that I'd have to use a smaller devise like my phone to order books. I'm not sure if it works on Windows also. I haven't made the time to research it. I still haven't gotten over our library quitting using RBDigital the audio book app. It worked so well on both Desktop and on a devise to order and then listen on the devise. Now my audio book wish list disappeared on the app too. So sad.

@PKM0515 I hope that you are able to keep up with taking your meds and that you are starting to find some way to help you remember them more/ better. I really liked @nebslps' idea for you that she wrote about on Oct. 27th, for November.

@goingape your scrap-booking weekend is a fun thing to be looking forward to. Enjoy it when you go.
    I also took a very long break from food prepared by others/restaurants after my food poison episode many years ago. And now I am again very cautious, having taken the classes/ tests on food handling/safety for certification a number of years ago.

🀠🌺

Thank you @texasgardnr for the info on the thumb brace- looking it up now. I think it might be from holding my phone so much 🀣
  • texasgardnr
    @MadisonMolly2017 I'm also considering going back to a single habit for November as my main tracking focus. But still keep tabs on things that I want to improve or get rid of. But no deep thinking about that just yet πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ I think the next two months I'll just keep it very laid back and simple.

What are my plans for Halloween? Actually not much. Our children are all grown up and so we already made our memories with them. And as neighborhood kids that we have known have either grown up and have left the neighborhood, or moved away, so we've phased out any handing out candy. So it's been really laid back for us for a while now! Also we hardly even have had kids come around any more.

Besides this year, there is the Covid thing....

Gratefully Halloween candy doesn't tempt me at all. To me its just regular candy in mini versions. And the bags are waaaay to big to even consider bringing in. Even DH doesn't bring them in 😁.

Now Easter candy is a whole other thing because there are a few of those candies that are special and only available during that time.... So those I'll enjoy for a short while, after Easter.

Yay for you Maddie, that the scale is cooperating again this month for you πŸŽ†βœ¨πŸŽ‡πŸŽ‰πŸ‘! Well done!!

@SummerSkier , your meme about 2020/2021 was.... just.... so.... πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ.

🀠🌺
  • nebslp
    Oh, you all are so awesome! You make my day SO many mornings when I check mfp and I see the chatter going in so many directions. I'll post later, but just had to tell you how special each one of you are. Thanks for the reflections and laughs <3
  • SummerSkier
    Happy last day of Oct everyone! Today is the day I copy all my photo favorites that I flagged over to the thumb drives for my digital players (I have 2)... Starting this morning. I had forgotten how to export them but I think I am getting it done.
  • znaoiec
    znaoiec Posts: 1,984 Member
    Checking in on the last day.
    This is a very active group with much to say. It is challenging to keep up.

I admit to looking forward to a new month and a restart. I went into October wanting 100% and then felt frustrated when I went off course. I realize now I need to take a kinder gentler approach to change.

@summerskier Your meme for 2021 made me laugh though I am really hoping for something different. :)

@77tes Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. That can not have been fun.

@MadisonMolly You inspire with me your consistency. Excellent with the scale.
    In answer to your question about Halloween... not much. Our son that we were visiting last weekend tested positive yesterday so our doctor said we need to quarantine for the next week. No testing in our area until we are sick and we are fine. We put a sign on our door so no trick or treaters would visit though we get very few in normal years and this, of course, is not a normal year.

@texasgardnr I have to say I love Easter candy too. I have a weakness for any candy that is pink... lol

Greetings to all!

• MadisonMolly2017
    znaoiec wrote: Β»
    Checking in on the last day.
    This is a very active group with much to say. It is challenging to keep up.

I admit to looking forward to a new month and a restart. I went into October wanting 100% and then felt frustrated when I went off course. I realize now I need to take a kinder gentler approach to change.

@summerskier Your meme for 2021 made me laugh though I am really hoping for something different. :)

@77tes Sorry to hear about the food poisoning. That can not have been fun.

@MadisonMolly You inspire with me your consistency. Excellent with the scale.
    In answer to your question about Halloween... not much. Our son that we were visiting last weekend tested positive yesterday so our doctor said we need to quarantine for the next week. No testing in our area until we are sick and we are fine. We put a sign on our door so no trick or treaters would visit though we get very few in normal years and this, of course, is not a normal year.

@texasgardnr I have to say I love Easter candy too. I have a weakness for any candy that is pink... lol

Greetings to all!

@znaoiec
    I’m very sorry to read about your son, and wish him a speedy & complete recovery AND will be sending good thoughts πŸ™πŸ» That you & your husband do not come down with it.

Huge hugs & congratulations on your first month in the group. I have found β€œKinder & gentler & Slower”
    Work well for me.

πŸ’žπŸ’žπŸ’ž
    Maddie
  • texasgardnr
    @znaoiec I am also sorry to read about your son. Praying for your son to recover quickly and to be totally OK very soon. And that you would remain healthy and be at peace and able to rest or get done what you need to do during your quarantine time. Hugs 🌼

October30 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿
    October31 πŸ“– πŸ“œ ❌ 🌿

That's it for October πŸ‚πŸ! See you all in November..... πŸ’–πŸ˜ƒ

🀠🌺
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Thank you, all, for your kind responses. Hoping November is a better month.